PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Question for those using PC Express. Early on I was able to order both adult and children's Tylenol. i went today to add a different medication to my order and it seems that all medications have been removed from PC Express. Is anyone else finding this?

Disappointing as I'm trying desperately to stay out of stores and so far have succeeded. Thankfully what I wanted to add I haven't run out of, just wanted to keep stock on hand.

Question for those using PC Express. Early on I was able to order both adult and children's Tylenol. i went today to add a different medication to my order and it seems that all medications have been removed from PC Express. Is anyone else finding this?

Disappointing as I'm trying desperately to stay out of stores and so far have succeeded. Thankfully what I wanted to add I haven't run out of, just wanted to keep stock on hand.
I find that things are on line as they are available in the store. So today there might not be any children's Tylenol, but if they get a shipment tomorrow, it'll be added back to the site. Sometimes it's weirdly also about how you search for the item. I might not find Dole pear fruit cups by searching for "fruit cups", but if I search for "Dole", I find them.

Anyway, try again before your order closes, if you can.

This has happened to me often, I may be able to add something to my order, but then it becomes out of stock on my pickup day (based on store inventory). It is good that you haven’t run out yet, check again before your order closes and just keep adding it to your orders each time, hopefully it will be back in stock eventually,

I find that things are on line as they are available in the store. So today there might not be any children's Tylenol, but if they get a shipment tomorrow, it'll be added back to the site. Sometimes it's weirdly also about how you search for the item. I might not find Dole pear fruit cups by searching for "fruit cups", but if I search for "Dole", I find them.

Anyway, try again before your order closes, if you can.
I get that but right now if I search for any of the following it either says, 'We were unable to find any results for.....' or only lists natural brands, not the ones we would normally order. I just tried (on both my app and computer)
- Tylenol
- Advil
- aspirin
- cough syrup
- allergy
- Claritin

and NONE of those were there! I cannot believe for a second that there is no stock at all for any of these items. I just keep seeing this:

or, something like this when I looked for 'allergy':

I'm just curious if this is just our store or if others are the same? I cannot believe that our entire store is sold out of all of the above items at the same time.

what are others seeing? I was looking to purchase Gravol but absolutely nothing is available and this is what started my whole search.

Update: After posting this I opened Superstore on a different browser for a store on the complete opposite side of Toronto to me, approx 100km away. Same results. Absolutely zero medications available online.

If this is the case i'm disappointed as I'm trying hard not to go into stores but may be forced to in the future if they are no longer carrying medications via PC Express.

I know you won't get PC points but you could order from Well.ca or possibly amazon if you really need to. Walmart may also have delivery for those items. Or a pick up or delivery order from Shoppers? I believe some of them are doing that? Shoppers is on instacart here any way.

I'm just curious if this is just our store or if others are the same? I cannot believe that our entire store is sold out of all of the above items at the same time.

what are others seeing? I was looking to purchase Gravol but absolutely nothing is available and this is what started my whole search.

Update: After posting this I opened Superstore on a different browser for a store on the complete opposite side of Toronto to me, approx 100km away. Same results. Absolutely zero medications available online.

If this is the case i'm disappointed as I'm trying hard not to go into stores but may be forced to in the future if they are no longer carrying medications via PC Express.

I got the same thing and I am in BC so they must not be allowing meds to go out just natural ones. Weird though..

I would order medication from Well.ca if I didn't want to go to the store myself.

Yesterday, I went to Pharmaprix (Shoppers) and was able to do a triple dip for our LaRoche-Posay night cream (both DH and I use the same). 4K per bottle (flyer offer) x2, 14K from personal offer and 44K from 20x offer (I also bought other stuff)! The cashier couldn't believe how many points I got. I will take the 50% return since right now my point collecting is at a minimum.

I know you won't get PC points but you could order from Well.ca or possibly amazon if you really need to. Walmart may also have delivery for those items. Or a pick up or delivery order from Shoppers? I believe some of them are doing that? Shoppers is on instacart here any way.
I would order medication from Well.ca if I didn't want to go to the store myself.

Thank you for your suggestions. I was more so wanting to give others a heads up as this is a big change to PC Express. I don't tend to purchase a lot of medication and we are well stocked, I was just surprised that this big of a change was not communicated to those who order online.

You’re right... my store is Fortinos in Ontario... nothing for Tylenol, nothing for Advil and herbal tea for Claritin for some reason.
interesting

I’m in Ontario, Reactine is available to be added to my cart at RCSS, no Claritin though. So seems like an inventory issue to me, dependent on the location.

There are a couple of possibilities on why you can't get Tylenol etc.
1. due to the high volume of orders they are reducing the additional/non food items in order to reduce the time it takes to shop for each order. This would assist in adding additional time slots.
2. there are numerous OTC items that pharmacies have to keep a closer eye on....they may have decided that any non herbal items fall in that category

I know I take one pill a day Eltroxin (thyroid pill) and it has been cut down to 30 day supply from 90 day supply. Normally it wouldn't worry me except I do need it to stay alive. (Thyroid removed years ago).
My insurance company has extended the amount they will cover per prescriptions because of this.

I do buy Reactine 10mg but can get it prescribed also,,just have to cut the prescribed ones 20mg in half or I'll be asleep an hour after taking it. I take it for allergies and Rhinitis. I wouldn't want to be without it.

Hugs
mel

Last edited:
I get that but right now if I search for any of the following it either says, 'We were unable to find any results for.....' or only lists natural brands, not the ones we would normally order. I just tried (on both my app and computer)
- Tylenol
- Advil
- aspirin
- cough syrup
- allergy
- Claritin
2. there are numerous OTC items that pharmacies have to keep a closer eye on....they may have decided that any non herbal items fall in that category

Even though they are an OTC medication, they are still a scheduled drug. They may be restricting people from " picking " them for someone else. Anyone can purchase those drugs for personal use, but you are taking the responsibility by picking that package yourself. You are aware of any drug interactions that would happen, as well as any potential allergic reactions.
But I'm thinking they have placed restrictions on them not being able to be picked by someone else in case there is a mistake made of the wrong item or strength being picked. It is still a scheduled drug.

Even though they are an OTC medication, they are still a scheduled drug. They may be restricting people from " picking " them for someone else. Anyone can purchase those drugs for personal use, but you are taking the responsibility by picking that package yourself. You are aware of any drug interactions that would happen, as well as any potential allergic reactions.
But I'm thinking they have placed restrictions on them not being able to be picked by someone else in case there is a mistake made of the wrong item or strength being picked. It is still a scheduled drug.
Your probably right. I went to Costco and needed Tylenol for Arthritis. I was picking up a prescription as well and asked the cashier if it was behind the counter or out front. She said, oh let me get that for you. I repeated what it was I needed and off she went, came back, rang in my purchases, bagged it and off I went. Next morning I was back to make a return of Tylenol Extra Strength. I then went and picked up my own bottle of what I needed. I was actually surprised that Costco took the Tylenol back, I was prepared for an argument, but they just refunded with no questions.
I can see that they would not want to be responsible for any issues.

While I can see that, I've ordered medications via PC Express for years. It's surprising now that they've suddenly changed things.

Possibly this just brought the potential problems to light.

I know stocks are VERY low for some medications. I haven't seen any format of kids Tylenol at my pharmacy for weeks now. Some friends also had their asthma medication changed because the stock of their regular medication is considered dangerously low so pharmacist are asked to only give to those that cannot use another type. I'm sure when supplies will come back to normal levels, the products will re-appear online.

Just back from my SDM / SS runs.

SDM: 20x/$75 = Spent $80.53 pre-tax and earned 25,700
SS: 7500/$75, plus targeted offers = Spent $102.19 and earned 11,700

While paying at SS, I forgot my account was locked for "earning only" and of course it wouldn't work right away once I unlocked it. That would have been a nice $100 into the vacation fund (or whatever we are calling those now).

DO we know how long it is supposed to take for the unlocking of points to take?

I did a big superstore shop yesterday. I cant remember who was guessing the bonus gift would be flowers, but they were right!

I have to say, I’ll be back for groceries again. There were some customers unconcerned with social distancing, like there are anywhere, but the store was overall clean and organized. And some really
good deals! I got hardly any points, but maybe my targeted offers will look better for future weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter