PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Any chance those getting good offers are the ones with the paid membership? Those of us who haven't bought the 'upgrade' are losing out on deals? It might be a ploy to increase the paid Insiders membership.

Any chance those getting good offers are the ones with the paid membership? Those of us who haven't bought the 'upgrade' are losing out on deals? It might be a ploy to increase the paid Insiders membership.
I'm getting about 10-12 offers each week (will count tomorrow) and the majority of those are for things I purchase. I do not have a paid membership.

Just looking at my app now and my receipt from Superstore last Thurs.

I had 10 offers in total last Thurs. Used 3. Of the 7 remaining, 5 are for things I purchase so I feel I'm getting valid offers.

i have a trial of the paid membership.

this week i had 8 offers. 3 are things i buy regularly, the rest are either things i buy rarely or don’t buy.

the benefit i see with the membership is regular points on PC products anytime, but it doesn’t look like it affects targeted weekly offers.

I get some nice offers, but I rarely use them, I don't shop anywhere but Shoppers that does this plan. I get only 10 or so offers? Usually for things I bought the week before and don't need again. But I do try and save those I will use. Which is where I have a question. The place I am looking to move has a No Frills. Can I earn points there? Or redeem them? Even if it's just points on the things I get listed that would be nice. Not a big deal, there is also a Metro nearby and that's where I tend to shop when I'm not doing Walmart pick up.

Typical big corp :rolleyes2 I am soooooooooooooooo tired of everything. And of course I would rather go shopping at other places, but the dh always points the truck towards our stupid crap-py stupidstore. It is never stocked properly (hasn't been for months) and it drives me crazy. When I was a department manager there, if my department looked like it does now when I go shopping, I would have had a strip tore off of me and been written up for poor work execution. Sad times
I often have the same complaint about my store.....I rarely can get everything I need. DD was a store manager and now is in supply chain. She tells me every single time I complain that it's not the stores fault.....it's a supply chain problem. Since changing jobs she has a completely new view on how things work and has often said that she thinks it's a shame that store managers don't know how things trickle down from the manufacturer to the store level. Having that knowledge would change how they deal with a lot of issues in the store.

She also recently told me that there are still ongoing issues with plant closures due to outbreaks all over the place. There could possibly be meat shortages again and there is still an aluminum problem.

When I went to load this week's points I noticed that their, 'Points Days' promotions start a week from today!

Last year when it came up I remember using it as a time to stock up our pantry just in case we were 'locked down' for a few weeks but not really believing it would ever happen! Guess I was wrong about that one!! :rotfl2:

'Points Days' are a great time to stock up on thing as I believe you get extra points when you but certain items or combinations of items in bulk.

Just looked at my new offers as it's Thursday morning.

19 offers. Includes:
  • 1 I carried over from last week
  • 16/18 other offers are things that I've purchased over the past month
I also have 4 other 'Offers You Might Like' and 3/4 of those are things I would try.

Great offers day today. Now, to take advantage of them!

Once again I have 8 offers. No meat(didn't need or want for this week anyway) and only 1 for produce. I have 4 of the 'you might like' offers which is rare. None I would ever use.....Pop Tarts....really???

I have 19 offers and the majority are ones I use often. I like the Coke offer as that is what we drink and I save it till I am out and then buy 7 cases at once (7 x 6ish = $42, get back 8000 pts) and I do it on a 20 X's event. Mind you, with 7 cases I'm good for a few months. I just save the offer week to week.
They also seem to want me to try cheez-it crackers because I get a special offer for that a lot. Maybe they will send it when they are on sale sometime and I will try them then.

I have 14 offers, 4 of which I saved last week. No cosmetics this week, thank heavens. I only have one thing I buy in the cosmetic department every few months. Of my regular offers, all are things I've bought previously and could easily buy again but for the PC chocolate. I've decided I don't like it....it tastes like LaMontagne™, which I definitely dislike. Give me World's Finest Chocolate™ any day of the week! Of the special offers, I'm not a blueberry fan (nor fruit in my cereal kind of gal), so that one I will skip, unless I add it to the food bank.
Pop Tarts
Maybe because I never let my sons have Pop Tarts is why now as adults they love them. I personally think Ewww yuck .. but I guess some people like them.
Right now I am having better luck with picking a few things up that are essential at Rexall.

Hugs
Mel
PopTarts were always one of our special breakfast food treats when we went to Disney. It was basically the only time we had them. I'll give the bites a try-especially if they have the brown sugar-cinnamon.
I have 19 offers and the majority are ones I use often. I like the Coke offer as that is what we drink and I save it till I am out and then buy 7 cases at once (7 x 6ish = $42, get back 8000 pts) and I do it on a 20 X's event. Mind you, with 7 cases I'm good for a few months. I just save the offer week to week.
They also seem to want me to try cheez-it crackers because I get a special offer for that a lot. Maybe they will send it when they are on sale sometime and I will try them then.
Oh, I wish I had Coke. But since I usually buy Coke at Costco, I understand why I don't. :D Cat food is one thing that I save week over week until I need it. It's just an automatic thing for me. Another is PC juices. I don't need them every week, but I'll take the 400pts/$2
I need to start a list for Shoppers for Sunday. I don't need a lot, with moving, I'm trying to use my store of food, but there might be a few things.

Last edited:
We got 11 offers this week. I see 4 that we will use this weekend for things we usually do.

I also got the pop tart offer!!!! I have never bought pop tarts, and never will. Now that the kids are grown, I don't know if they would even like them. I already buy sugary cereals and cookies for them to eat :rolleyes2 ( which is probably not any better than a pop tart ). But that is about the extent of the crap-py food that we buy to eat. We stopped purchasing pop and chips, and will only pick that up now as a small splurge for movie night.

I was hoping for a 20X the points for a 50.00 shop this weekend. It's at 75.00 for this weekend. I guess I will keep my little list for another week at shoppers. Nothing is really pressing to get so it can wait another week.

I am putting in an order with PC today.
Last time I got yogurt it expired 3 days after purchase.
How do I tell them I want it to last longer than 3 days?

Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
In the comment box include something like ‘please check expiry dates and pick the longest one possible’ or ‘I don’t want an item that will expiry within X number of days’

Thanks
Hugs
Mel
You can add notes both to individual items and at the end of your order. I'd add a note about expiry to the yogurt.

My bananas ask for 'slightly green, no brown spots' and they're normally very good at honouring that.

Thanks guys I just added some notes to the order.
Yeah my Bananas expired a few days after purchase also.(made banana bread with them).
I added a note for my fresh mushrooms also, I need them to be fresh for a pasta sauce I'm making.
Hopefully everything will be a tad fresher this time.

Hugs
Mel

I snagged 83,800 points this week from the 50x points at shoppers and 30,000 bonus spending $200 at no frills. I shop for my brother in law so I always pick up things from shoppers on sale that are on his list first. My sister was shopping with me at no frills so I threw a few things of hers into my order to get up to the $200 mark!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter