PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

So 1st big win for pcpoints.
Now I have always tried to do 20x at shoppers and been pretty good at getting them along with normal sales on ladies products,,shampoo and other stuff. Things that wont go bad,,so stock up. Well this weekend had 20x with min $90 which is high,,but when you buy lots of ladies stuff,,for 2 greek ladies and 3 greek ladies hair,,,it comes quick.
But it was also a bonus redemtion weekend 50/65, 100/140, 200/300. But you cant combine the 2, because if you redeem, it lowers your $Total so then you dont get the 20x.
Then I learned of an instore promo on the Betty Crocker cake mix,,,each one is 2.49 but comes with 2000points attached,,. Wheels spinning buy 28 mixes,,56000 points back,,,redeem 50000 points get 65000. Add in the hair and other ladies things,, along with some milk and eggs. I am getting the mixes free ( all but a couple going to food bank,,they need some treats too) and then I still get over my $90 threshold and collect 20X as well.
Although the guy behind me asked me if it was a bad week in the house with cake mix and ladies products, one helping the other.
Whats a dad to do.
Good luck all.

Given the price increases at Disney that dropped today, it's going to be even more important for me to collect as many points as I can before we head out.

Our ds's are paying for their own tickets into the parks - but we will pay for food. And because this is their first time going to Disney - I want them to get to do all they want to do - since this will probably be the only time they will go - unless they go once they are older with a significant other.

I don't know if anyone of you use facebook, but there is a group I'm in called Discounts and Savings Canada where the owner post deals and stuff. But when it's magic hour at Shoppers, they show you step by step on how to get max pts for a small spend using coupons and stuff.
I did go into the group!!! They have posted lots of great deals!

Hopefully with the couple of ticker tocker people I follow I'll be able to snag more points to convert to Disney GC.

I just want my boys and maybe our dd is she decides she wants to come along too...to have a great trip we have always dreamed of having. I won't be bringing them back so, I want to make the best of it.

Come on PC points!!!!!!!

Does anyone know, if I use the $65 for $50 offer, will I collect the personal offer PC points? What about the instore offer points? I know 20Xs will not work but wondering about these other 2 offers.

ETA-Got my answer. Yes, they will count. So I spent $72.08. Redeemed $50 in points and received $65 value. Paid $7.08 out of pocket. Received 16,000 in points.
Love when they pay me to take my stuff away. ;)

Last edited:
A anyone else finding their threshold offers are getting bigger and higher. Tomorrow I have spend $80 get 20,000 points which I’ve never seen .. usually I get spend $60 or even $75 ..

I was disappointed this week that even though I received 10 offers this week that 9 of them were for PC products which I never buy. I did swing 4 offers from last week and I used them this week. Let's see what they give me next week. I have to spend $150 at No Frills to earn 15,000 points but I have no spend offer for Shoppers.

Just when I had myself convinced those chocolate chip cookies were going up in price too much!
This actually extremely ticked me off. After 2+ years of them making RECORD - RECORD profits, wage freezing for the little employees, not wanting to hand out extra wage incentives as virus haszard pay, but yet seeing the big guys get extra large bonuses.....they are ONLY doing a price freeze on no-name products. Not Blue menu or president's choice items. No name products!!!!! That's it!!!!! Also, let's not forget that if you are in the self check-out you have to ask someone for a bag. God forbid you get an extra bag for free - While Galen Weston is doing his Scrooge McDuck dive into his money vault.

I'm sorry, they could do better. It was extremely tone-deaf and is infuriating.

Rant over.

The other challenge I have is that the product I purchase consistently (no-name coffee pods) recently increased in price by about 18% so 'freezing' it at the higher price isn't doing me any favours at all since the price is already higher.

I purchase their no-name coffee pods that have been $29.99 for years and suddenly jumped to $34.99. Freezing those at $5 more isn't a savings at all as while the price is 'frozen' there's probably little to no chance they're going to go on sale.

Has anyone else found their regular no-name products that you purchase jumped in price prior to this freeze?

I agree - this announcement didn't win any brownie...or chocolate chip cookie points with me!!

Last edited:
So I went to my local Superstore this morning and there was not a single Disney gift card on any of their displays. I wasn’t happy.

Has anyone seen Disney gift cards recently at their Loblaws/Superstore/No Frills/Fortinos stores here in Ontario? I wonder if they won’t be carrying them anymore, there’s no way they all sold out. I was hoping to start converting my points into gift cards for our trip 😕

So I went to my local Superstore this morning and there was not a single Disney gift card on any of their displays. I wasn’t happy.

Has anyone seen Disney gift cards recently at their Loblaws/Superstore/No Frills/Fortinos stores here in Ontario? I wonder if they won’t be carrying them anymore, there’s no way they all sold out. I was hoping to start converting my points into gift cards for our trip 😕

I bought them at our Superstore on Sunday. There are 4 gift card locations in our store and only 1 had them. They were on the 'spinner' style gift card display near the Mobile kiosk if that helps at all.

One change our SS has made is that they no longer appear to sell the $50 gift cards but now carry the 'add any amount between $25 - $500.' I wasn't sure I'd like this but in some ways it's better as I add one to my shopping cart, wait until I see how much my groceries are and then add the gc for that amount and pay for it using points. In the past month have purchased a $100 and a $60 gc.

I bought them at our Superstore on Sunday. There are 4 gift card locations in our store and only 1 had them. They were on the 'spinner' style gift card display near the Mobile kiosk if that helps at all.

One change our SS has made is that they no longer appear to sell the $50 gift cards but now carry the 'add any amount between $25 - $500.' I wasn't sure I'd like this but in some ways it's better as I add one to my shopping cart, wait until I see how much my groceries are and then add the gc for that amount and pay for it using points. In the past month have purchased a $100 and a $60 gc.
I‘ve never noticed a spinner display at my store, there are only 3 displays plus the gift card racks at the checkouts. Usually I see stacks of Disney gift cards at all 3 main displays, I don’t think too many people buy them. Hope it’s just a supply issue and they get restocked, I don’t want to buy groceries elsewhere, this was so convenient.

Just when I had myself convinced those chocolate chip cookies were going up in price too much!

Loblaw freezes prices on all No Name products until Jan. 31​

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/top...pc=U591&cvid=a2c6c944e36842f8be610508187ed4ea
LOL.....the kid that works corporate and I just had a lengthy convo this morning about this very thing. There has been a ton of really funny articles etc. this week basically poking fun at the big guy....one called him a bespectacled oligarch. I mentioned that the prices went up right before the freeze and the fact that my store has removed the cleaning station at the door. She said (joking) that they can't afford to pay for wipes and sanitizer anymore due to the freeze.

I guess she will have to start flying commercial for her future business trips also due to the freeze.......she has been flying on the bespectacled ones jet. Yes, he has one.

I'm upset at myself. I seen yesterday that my offer at shopper's was get 20X on a 50.00 purchase. I only had 1 thing on my list for there. I was busy, with working all weekend at the second job, with a mountain of tasks to get done yet yesterday so I didn't scout out more things to get there.

Fast-forward to this morning....I went to use my moistuizer....and of course I get the "fart squirt" that signals it's running out :sad2: Geeze...with the one item I was needing I probably only needed to spend another 10.00 to get to my 50.00 purchase :rolleyes2 Ugh,. Maybe I'll get a weekly one for this week yet for a lower $ threshold.

I'm upset at myself. I seen yesterday that my offer at shopper's was get 20X on a 50.00 purchase. I only had 1 thing on my list for there. I was busy, with working all weekend at the second job, with a mountain of tasks to get done yet yesterday so I didn't scout out more things to get there.

Fast-forward to this morning....I went to use my moistuizer....and of course I get the "fart squirt" that signals it's running out :sad2: Geeze...with the one item I was needing I probably only needed to spend another 10.00 to get to my 50.00 purchase :rolleyes2 Ugh,. Maybe I'll get a weekly one for this week yet for a lower $ threshold.
Is your product available online? Check to see if you got any offers you can use on the app. I got an offer on my app for 25,000 pts for my first online purchase of $50 or more. I’ve ordered online before but somehow today it still gave me the 25,000 pts when I placed my order today. I kept my order as close to $50 before tax!

Is your product available online? Check to see if you got any offers you can use on the app. I got an offer on my app for 25,000 pts for my first online purchase of $50 or more. I’ve ordered online before but somehow today it still gave me the 25,000 pts when I placed my order today. I kept my order as close to $50 before tax!
Good idea. I'm sure it is. It is just the La Roche Posay moisturizer. I love that product line. I have never thought about doing online ordering from them for makeup....but I might now ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter