PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

This applies to Loblaw Corp stores.....
Trucks come in to the stores every day. If you are a person that shops based on the flyer your best time to shop is Thursday. All the promo stuff for the flyer comes in Wednesday night. There is usually a second shipment to replenish promos on Sat/Sun. Right now shipments are WAAAAAY off. There is a backlog at the warehouse. As a result of the panic shopping of 3-4 weeks ago the company ordered anything and everything they could get their hands on. Now that stuff is coming fast and furious there are so many trucks they can't get them unloaded fast enough. So that makes the turn around to the stores slow. They have been trying to have the suppliers deliver directly to the stores but that presents a ton of problems.

Just a reminder to save your offers!
For the first time ever I had to choose which offers to save since I've already completed my shop for a Saturday pick-up and about 8 of my offers would get me points Saturday. I'll just hope some of them come back or, others I can use.

My order is for 4 familes and over $1200 if everything arrives so if nothing else, my MC will get some nice PC points!

I picked up a small order today and they had everything except yeast. It seems they’re getting caught up on some of their shelf stocking. So thankful to each person who is helping to ensure we can shop!

This applies to Loblaw Corp stores.....
Trucks come in to the stores every day. If you are a person that shops based on the flyer your best time to shop is Thursday. All the promo stuff for the flyer comes in Wednesday night. There is usually a second shipment to replenish promos on Sat/Sun. Right now shipments are WAAAAAY off. There is a backlog at the warehouse. As a result of the panic shopping of 3-4 weeks ago the company ordered anything and everything they could get their hands on. Now that stuff is coming fast and furious there are so many trucks they can't get them unloaded fast enough. So that makes the turn around to the stores slow. They have been trying to have the suppliers deliver directly to the stores but that presents a ton of problems
I could not even IMAGINE the nightmare that they are having to deal with!!!! I slowly see more in our areas that were bare. But honestly, they have done a FANTASTIC job here in our store in northern Alberta. I do know from when I was a department manager there, that our store is more unique because of our location, demographics etc etc etc and the supply chain has always done their best to make sure our store is stocked very well. Most things now except for the baking and pasta isles being still depleted, there has almost been everything that we have needed. Now if I could only snag one of the coveted express pickup times I would be ecstatic!

For the first time ever I had to choose which offers to save since I've already completed my shop for a Saturday pick-up and about 8 of my offers would get me points Saturday. I'll just hope some of them come back or, others I can use.

My order is for 4 familes and over $1200 if everything arrives so if nothing else, my MC will get some nice PC points!

I picked up a small order today and they had everything except yeast. It seems they’re getting caught up on some of their shelf stocking. So thankful to each person who is helping to ensure we can shop!
Uploaded my new offers and am VERY happy! 8 or 9 of them (not sure if prepackaged pepperoni counts as 'deli' or not) but regardless, Saturday should be a great day for points between my PC points and a $1200 order going onto my MC. After that it's the adventure of safely dividing everything up into 4 families' orders, delivery then returning home to sanitize all of our order before putting it away. It's supposed to be a beautiful day Saturday so i'm quite looking forward to this.

Also, was struggling with how I'd 'see' what each person had on their orders as they're all on my computer which I won't want to touch when I'm sorting the groceries. We don't have a printer but I saw a neighbour outside yesterday and he offered to print my spreadsheets and put them in my mailbox. Perfect!! Love how this terrible situation is bringing out the best in people! :love:

I could not even IMAGINE the nightmare that they are having to deal with!!!! I slowly see more in our areas that were bare. But honestly, they have done a FANTASTIC job here in our store in northern Alberta. I do know from when I was a department manager there, that our store is more unique because of our location, demographics etc etc etc and the supply chain has always done their best to make sure our store is stocked very well. Most things now except for the baking and pasta isles being still depleted, there has almost been everything that we have needed. Now if I could only snag one of the coveted express pickup times I would be ecstatic!
So maybe you're the culprit???? DD had 3 trucks go AWOL and they turned up in Alberta. I will say I'm super impressed with the work she's been doing. She probably spends 4-5 hours a day on the phone fixing problems. She has been working overtime daily and is even working Good Friday. It crossed my mind today that she has taken a bit of judgement from friends and family over her staying in the grocery biz after she got her degree. Her degree has absolutely nothing to do with business or groceries. She started in the grocery store when she was 15 and has been with the company ever since. She worked her way up. To those that judged her I say.....you can apologize and thank her now!

So maybe you're the culprit???? DD had 3 trucks go AWOL and they turned up in Alberta. I will say I'm super impressed with the work she's been doing. She probably spends 4-5 hours a day on the phone fixing problems. She has been working overtime daily and is even working Good Friday. It crossed my mind today that she has taken a bit of judgement from friends and family over her staying in the grocery biz after she got her degree. Her degree has absolutely nothing to do with business or groceries. She started in the grocery store when she was 15 and has been with the company ever since. She worked her way up. To those that judged her I say.....you can apologize and thank her now!
It's not an easy job, especially now. Kudos to your DD.

For the first time in a very long time I have points in my Optimum bank and am not sure if buying Disney gift cards is what I’ll spend them on. We have a trip booked for September but I’m just not convinced we’ll be going...and if not then, when??? We love, love, love Disney (my 11yo has been 21 times) but, until it’s safe, we won’t be returning. It’s a weird kind of feeling not really counting down to a Disney trip as we have no idea when we’ll return. :(

For the first time in a very long time I have points in my Optimum bank and am not sure if buying Disney gift cards is what I’ll spend them on. We have a trip booked for September but I’m just not convinced we’ll be going...and if not then, when??? We love, love, love Disney (my 11yo has been 21 times) but, until it’s safe, we won’t be returning. It’s a weird kind of feeling not really counting down to a Disney trip as we have no idea when we’ll return. :(

you could always just take out the same $$ in cash and put it aside?

it’s definitely a weird position to be in, especially if you’re used to always having a trip on the horizon. i had been hoping we would celebrate my kids 3rd birthday in disney next spring, but i think that’s pretty unlikely at this point. between safety and insurance and the state of the dollar, i’m just not sure how long it’ll take before travel is comfortable agin. i have no idea when our next trip will be either.

do you think your next trip will still be to disney, or somewhere else? that might help you decide what to do with your points?

you could always just take out the same $$ in cash and put it aside?

it’s definitely a weird position to be in, especially if you’re used to always having a trip on the horizon. i had been hoping we would celebrate my kids 3rd birthday in disney next spring, but i think that’s pretty unlikely at this point. between safety and insurance and the state of the dollar, i’m just not sure how long it’ll take before travel is comfortable agin. i have no idea when our next trip will be either.

do you think your next trip will still be to disney, or somewhere else? that might help you decide what to do with your points?
We’ve always wanted to visit Disneyland and we haven’t done so yet. That will happen...someday.

Until then I’m happy to let the points accumulate. Not in a rush to use them or go anywhere so no desire to make plans.

Happy and thankful to be home and safe. Appreciating the extra time together this is offering us.

We’ve always wanted to visit Disneyland and we haven’t done so yet. That will happen...someday.

Until then I’m happy to let the points accumulate. Not in a rush to use them or go anywhere so no desire to make plans.

Happy and thankful to be home and safe. Appreciating the extra time together this is offering us.

I feel split about what I’ll do with my points.

It would be nice to have some disney cards around, like a little hope about our next trip.

But maybe since that might not be for a good long time, it’s smarter to have other gift cards, or just the equivalent cash. There might be better uses for the $ between now and when we can travel again...

I know what you mean about not visiting until it's safe and not having a trip (or two, or three) on the horizon...we have now cancelled our March WDW trip, August WDW & DCL trip and November WDW & DCL trip. My Mom is 85 and I have a compromised immune system so we will not be back until there is a vaccine because no out of province health care will cover Covid-19 now. If we do not make it back during the time our APs are extended, those APs were very expensive this year...but who ever would have thought something like this would happen?

I know what you mean about not visiting until it's safe and not having a trip (or two, or three) on the horizon...we have now cancelled our March WDW trip, August WDW & DCL trip and November WDW & DCL trip. My Mom is 85 and I have a compromised immune system so we will not be back until there is a vaccine because no out of province health care will cover Covid-19 now. If we do not make it back during the time our APs are extended, those APs were very expensive this year...but who ever would have thought something like this would happen?
Sorry to gear you’ve had to cancel these trips but you are very wise!! This is not something to mess with.

$538 for my online order? 😲

Sure, I bought enough for a couple of weeks and added in some treats and maybe would have shopped around for a few things, but I've never spent that unless it was at Costco and I was buying things like gift cards or bulk meats.

$538 for my online order? 😲

Sure, I bought enough for a couple of weeks and added in some treats and maybe would have shopped around for a few things, but I've never spent that unless it was at Costco and I was buying things like gift cards or bulk meats.

I totally feel you! my last shop was mid-200s, the time before was 300s. I have *never* spent that much at a grocery store outside of Costco. It’s absurd, but what’s the alternative?

I totally feel you! my last shop was mid-200s, the time before was 300s. I have *never* spent that much at a grocery store outside of Costco. It’s absurd, but what’s the alternative?
If I could put an order in for every week, it would be one thing, but this may be it for at least 2 weeks and maybe more. Also, that's Fortino's. Maybe I should have tried Superstore? Prices might have been a little better, in hindsight, not to mention the selection.

I had a good friend that after school continued to work at his retail job with a national company. Worked his way up and was a buyer for the national chain, making contacts all over the world. He ended up starting his own buisness and did very well and enjoyed a very comfortable lifestyle, working a lot less hours than most of us Mon-Friday folks, able to be there for his kids activities, etc. and semi retired before 50. So, your daughter is building great skills that will get her far in life!

Question. I got a text offer for 20X the points when I spend $75 or more today/tomorrow, and on the app I have a spend $60 get 15000 points. Can I get both? Seems like a lot of points if I can... I am (still) trying to find children's tylenol and a few other things, could also use some eggs (forgot when I went last time) and am sure I could easily spend $75 before taxes. Might be worth it if I get all those points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter