"Peak Pricing" for Dining Plan & DVC

danielle782001

DIS Veteran
Just checking....DVC members are not impacted by the peak pricing for the dining plan, correct :confused3

I thought our rate stays the same and my friend was told we do have to pay the higher price in July.

HELP!

From what I understand, any DVC members who purchase the DDP do not have to pay the holiday surcharge

We went Spring Break and didn't have to pay peak pricing that was the only reason I chose to go ahead with the DDP. I do like this DVC perk!!!

We added the DDP for our December 18-January 1 stay (which is smack in the middle of one of the surcharge periods) and were *not* charged for the peak surcharge. It feels great to have gotten a discount on the dining plan just because we own DVC. :thumbsup2

For 2010, DVC members are not paying the surcharge. However, there is nothing that indicates that this will continue in 2011.

Some feel that the decision to raise the price came after they negotiated with DVC and that it will change next year.

Since those prices typically change around August or so, we will have to see what happens. If it goes up for us, I am not sure we will take advantage of it any longer.

We do okay with the QSDP and only do 1 - 2 TS meals anyway so paying an extra $5.00 per person may not make it worth it any longer.

Just checking....DVC members are not impacted by the peak pricing for the dining plan, correct :confused3

I thought our rate stays the same and my friend was told we do have to pay the higher price in July.

HELP!

They do not. We went in early March which was "high priced" DDP time and we paid the low price. I also pre-confirmed this with Member Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter