Pediatric Wheelchair Question

lisabarr

<font color=blue>Caused an uproar over Tag Fairy v
Anyone know where I can get some sort of hook to hang packages, bags on the wheelchair? :confused3
Because chair is so small, things bang against the wheels and its hard to push while I am carrying things. I got a backpack for it, but need something like a hook. Thanks
party:

I use something I had for my baby stroller, I think it's called a 'stroll'r holder" or something, let me see if I can find it online.....

http://www.specialtybaby.com/kidstrolhol.html

on this link if you go to strollers then accessories there is another product called stroller swivelers or something like that, which also looks promising, I may get them myself, for when I don't have the push handle on the chair, as they are smaller and won't get in the way of pushing.

I took off the cup part long ago, and the bags clip onto the 3 hooks and it holds them up of the wheels. I have also used velcro loops to hold things onto the handles.

The stroller holder works ok on regular wheelchair handles, but does get in the way somewhat of holding onto them, but if you have a stroller push handle for the wheelchair it fits onto that easier.

What's the back made of?
If it's a firm back, you might be able to attach a hook with a bolt that goes all thje way thru (like my DD's is a Jay deep contour back with a metal "pan" that the cushion velcros onto). You might also be able to get some type of stick on hook, held on with super strength velcro or 3M Command adhesive.

Another thing we had when DD had a little pediatric chair was a pac that was meant to go on a bike over the handlebars. It was a bit shorter than a backpack, so it didn't reach as far down as the wheels. The "straps" were also shorter and fastened on the push handles with velco. That made it fit closer and helped prevent it from hitting the wheels.

Thanks for the responses. This was just what I was looking for! :sunny:

:jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter