PeepsII-The Hot, Sweaty Asian Strikes Back. Feb 2010. 12/2-Part 2 has begun.

Chapter 54. Winding up Volume 1.

What started out as a normal WDW trip has quickly become a trip with several DISer longtime friends coming on down!!!!:cloud9:

I've made stronger connections with my longtime DIS buddies and managed to make quite a few new ones along the way. While I turn first to my faith when in times of great sadness or stress, I often found myself relying on the folks here for a listening ear-so to speak.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and friendship. I hope you'll continue to follow along as I go to Volume II!!!!!

Since I am in the reflective mood, I am thinking about that last full day at WDW that I will have on Wednesday, Feb 17th. I know people always discuss first day activities and traditions, but I don't see many people talk about end of the trip traditions. What are your end of trip traditions?

I have that whole last day open after lunch and am open to ideas. I know I have a few things I normally do on the last day. I'm hoping to do at least one of them, but we'll see.....Maybe if you haven't been enough times to have traditions yet, what would you do with a day to yourself? Where would eat? where would you go?

I"ve enjoyed getting to know you too over the last weeks!! I never in a million years thought I'd be part of such a wonderful internet community, full of great, and even deep friendships!

Hmmm... as to traditions? Not really. But I'm thinking starting at DTD and ending on the Boardwalk (as per your suggestion) might be a good thing.

Jordan, you are the only person I know who has multiple PTRs and multiple TRs. You're so popular! :goodvibes

Our last full day always seems to be spent at Epcot eating at Teppan Edo.

I just read your Turkey Day Taco update - are you feeling better now? I sure hope so. Sorry to read you had to miss the celebration with your family, but your day didn't sound too bad overall. :goodvibes

Love the stroller parking picture. :lmao: I'm always amazed at the vast number of strollers - I think the Fantasyland Parking is the absolute worst. And what makes it even harder is the CMs MOVE your stroller. I want to rig a machine that will send up a flare so I can find the thing....

Anyway, last day traditions. We don't have any, but I have to say dipping into MK for lunch and hitting some rides that are favorites, or were missed, was a really great way to end one of our trips. It made leaving a tad less painful because we had one last good-bye that same day we flew out.

We are coming up on the end of this part of the PTR. As most, if not all, of you know, threads are closed at 250 pages. I've got about 11 pages to go...

If you've read any of my previous PTR/TRs, you know I usually end each part or volume by reflecting on what has transpired. This installment won't be much different.

I started this bad boy out on or around May 31st. It's been a crazy summer! One filled with church drama, working too much, getting sick too much, being on the DIS too much....;)

What started out as a normal WDW trip has quickly become a trip with several DISer longtime friends coming on down!!!!:cloud9:

I've made stronger connections with my longtime DIS buddies and managed to make quite a few new ones along the way. While I turn first to my faith when in times of great sadness or stress, I often found myself relying on the folks here for a listening ear-so to speak.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support and friendship. I hope you'll continue to follow along as I go to Volume II!!!!!

Since I am in the reflective mood, I am thinking about that last full day at WDW that I will have on Wednesday, Feb 17th. I know people always discuss first day activities and traditions, but I don't see many people talk about end of the trip traditions. What are your end of trip traditions?

I have that whole last day open after lunch and am open to ideas. I know I have a few things I normally do on the last day. I'm hoping to do at least one of them, but we'll see.....Maybe if you haven't been enough times to have traditions yet, what would you do with a day to yourself? Where would eat? where would you go?

Thanks to Blueyed Girl for hightlighting parts of one of her updates and gave me the idea to do the same here. She has a PTR going. Hop on over and say hi to her!

I like your reflections from the thread. :) I too have been surprised with how many great people I've met so far. Because of the care involved, I don't like to ask people to watch Piper too often, so some of my online connections are stronger than the ones I have with r/t friends. Hmm..the last day..if I had a day to myself I think I would start at DTD (I do love to shop) and then maybe end up at MK re-visiting my favorite things, do a nice lunch or dinner somewhere where I could sit and think about the trip I'd just had. :goodvibes

Oh Jordan, you are so entertaining :rotfl:.

Bill and I usually go to Magic Kingdom on the last night of our trip so Bill can get fudge to bring home, that is our tradition. Oh we usually do DHS on the day we are leaving and watch the Streetmosphere people, they are hilarious and people should spend more time watching them.

I've read many, many, many people talk about the Streetmosphere entertainment. I'm going to have to do that this upcoming trip. I think it will require me slowing down and enjoying something new.

My end of trip tradition is always spending the morning at MK, evening at Epcot, dinner at Le Cellier and watching Illuminations for one last time. :sad1:

Interesting. So Illuminations is your fave?

Stop it! I can smell you all the way over here. Oh, wait, no, that's the kimchee I made last month...

Kimchee....mmmmm....but:eek:

Oh and my stink continues this morning just in case anyone was wondering

Our last day for this trip will be DHS, but since it closes at 8pm and MK closes at 11pm. I'm thinking I'd like to make a tradition of watching Wishes one last time before we go home. That would be the perfect way to end every trip. Of course, that means every trip would end with me crying.:rotfl:

I"ve enjoyed getting to know you too over the last weeks!! I never in a million years thought I'd be part of such a wonderful internet community, full of great, and even deep friendships!

the internet has allowed for people with common interests to connect in a way that wasn't possible 10 years ago.

Liesa said:
Hmmm... as to traditions? Not really. But I'm thinking starting at DTD and ending on the Boardwalk (as per your suggestion) might be a good thing.

Just so you know. It's much easier to take a cab back to Pop than take use the bus system. Pop is really close to the Boardwalk.

Jordan, you are the only person I know who has multiple PTRs and multiple TRs. You're so popular! :goodvibes

Our last full day always seems to be spent at Epcot eating at Teppan Edo.

I think my PTRs allow everyone to be a little silly..:) By the way, you're headed down the multiple PTR/TR road...I sense it.

Teppan Edo is the last TS meal before my cousins and Kim and Allan leave.

Hmmm...I don't think I have any last full day traditions. I think I need some though. :rotfl:

I'm surprised. Let me know what you think of.

I just read your Turkey Day Taco update - are you feeling better now? I sure hope so. Sorry to read you had to miss the celebration with your family, but your day didn't sound too bad overall. :goodvibes

It was actually a Godsend. I slept on and off all day which is what I really needed. Thanks for your concern.

BE said:
Love the stroller parking picture. :lmao: I'm always amazed at the vast number of strollers - I think the Fantasyland Parking is the absolute worst. And what makes it even harder is the CMs MOVE your stroller. I want to rig a machine that will send up a flare so I can find the thing....

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That's happened to us a few times. We come back only to find the stroller missing and spend the next 10-15 minutes trying to locate it.

BE said:
Anyway, last day traditions. We don't have any, but I have to say dipping into MK for lunch and hitting some rides that are favorites, or were missed, was a really great way to end one of our trips. It made leaving a tad less painful because we had one last good-bye that same day we flew out.

MK is a popular choice. I may end up trying to squeeze it in before I leave since there is an EMH at MK the day I leave.

I like your reflections from the thread. :) I too have been surprised with how many great people I've met so far. Because of the care involved, I don't like to ask people to watch Piper too often, so some of my online connections are stronger than the ones I have with r/t friends. Hmm..the last day..if I had a day to myself I think I would start at DTD (I do love to shop) and then maybe end up at MK re-visiting my favorite things, do a nice lunch or dinner somewhere where I could sit and think about the trip I'd just had. :goodvibes

That's an interesting observation about online friends not having to deal with the day-to-day r/t concerns of our lives...hmmm never thought of that.

DTD used to be an end of trip tradition, but it got to be too frenzied. So now we try to buy as we go. MouseGear is my favorite store on property.

Is that referring to moi?

I hope not..;)

Of course, I'd be more than happy to do a photo shoot at WDW with you in your attire.

Our last day for this trip will be DHS, but since it closes at 8pm and MK closes at 11pm. I'm thinking I'd like to make a tradition of watching Wishes one last time before we go home. That would be the perfect way to end every trip. Of course, that means every trip would end with me crying.:rotfl:

That sounds like a plan.

that last line made me:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Good Gracious---- It's going to be one of THOSE kinds of mornings...

LOL! Smellernet...:lmao:

I had mexican tonight. Chile Relleno and rice and beans with a mean salsa.
YUM!!!! I love the Chile Relleno's!!
Let's just say I'm enjoying the aroma...:rolleyes1;)
EEEWWW!!!!! :rotfl2:
I have one more update then I'll probably start Vol II of the PTR...crazy huh?
oh wow, part II. Just awesome! :thumbsup2

We are coming up on the end of this part of the PTR. As most, if not all, of you know, threads are closed at 250 pages. I've got about 11 pages to go...

If you've read any of my previous PTR/TRs, you know I usually end each part or volume by reflecting on what has transpired. This installment won't be much different.

yay!!

I started this bad boy out on or around May 31st. It's been a crazy summer! One filled with church drama, working too much, getting sick too much, being on the DIS too much....;)

I just thought....maybe we should rename our trips to the "I SURVIVED THE SWINE FLU" trip! We could make T-shirts. :lmao:

CAN-NOT-WAIT!!!!!

:grouphug: Awwww!

:thumbsup2

We love to visit MK last! We have to say goodbye to the castle. Recently we've started noticing people on the monorail or parking lot tram who are obviously just starting their trips. We smile because we know that it is now their turn to create some family magic of their own.

Wow that's a tough one!

Thanks to Blueyed Girl for hightlighting parts of one of her updates and gave me the idea to do the same here. She has a PTR going. Hop on over and say hi to her!

Love the highlights :thumbsup2
Thanks for the shoutout!:hug:

Oh Jordan, you are so entertaining :rotfl:.

Bill and I usually go to Magic Kingdom on the last night of our trip so Bill can get fudge to bring home, that is our tradition. Oh we usually do DHS on the day we are leaving and watch the Streetmosphere people, they are hilarious and people should spend more time watching them.

Ooh!! I like that tradition. We may have to go grab some fudge on our way out too! I hope it's peanut free!! :thumbsup2

Oh and my stink continues this morning just in case anyone was wondering
Nothing signals the end of a fine meal like a rousing chorus of morning thunder. :thumbsup2 I know I don't consider my day to have properly begun without it.

Our final FULL day this year was Epcot EMH / Illuminations. Don't know if I'd call it tradition or not, but I guess if we repeat it next time, it qualifies.

Nothing signals the end of a fine meal like a rousing chorus of morning thunder. :thumbsup2 I know I don't consider my day to have properly begun without it.

:lmao:

633869887076837450-farting.jpg

Our final FULL day this year was Epcot EMH / Illuminations. Don't know if I'd call it tradition or not, but I guess if we repeat it next time, it qualifies.

Those words, "next time" are sure some darn tootin' good ones. I love it when someone says that, it signals more TR action, and good times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter