Pemba Savannah

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
will i be disappointed in pemba savannah view. I know mostly everyone requests sunset but was wondering if pemba is really bad.

None of the savannas are anywhere near "bad". Pemba is the smallest of the savannas, so you might not see as many animals. But I believe there are some different animals on Pemba - perhaps the Okapi, if I remember correctly. Have you stayed before on a different savanna? Is the savanna view something that will make or break your trip? If so, you might see more wild animals on Sunset. If not, Pemba still offers some really nice views, but smaller.

Pembe doesn't have giraffes and zebras like Sunset does, which is why most prefer that. I know some standard views have a Pembe view near the pool--we had that before with a standard 1 bedroom --saw red river hogs, some bird, maybe Okapi and some very small antelope type creatures.

Last edited:
We had a savanna view there next the pool. Was awful. Hardly any animals. Had all the noise from the pool.

This was about 6 years ago. Don’t know if they changed any views from savanna to standard.

I just stayed on the Pembe Savanna side in February and I was worried that the no giraffes aspect would be disappointing, but I have to say we were pleasantly surprised by the number of animals we saw!

We had a zebra friend outside our window every day in addition to hogs, cattle (which my children loving referred to as the "big horn boys!"), and all kinds of gazelles.

On our seemingly endless walk to the lobby (we were at the end of the hallway) we saw tons of giraffes out the window and were able to use the public access savanna views.

Would I stay on the Pembe side again? Yes. Would I request a different savanna next time? Also yes. I don't think any of the savannas are bad, tbh. It wouldn't ruin my vacay if I got Pembe again. Just my two cents!

Pemba is only disappointing if you feel a lack of giraffes will make it a disappointment. It's the only Savannah with Okapi, and our daughter loved Okapi when she was little so it was a great treat when we recently had a room on Pemba. However, if you want giraffes, be sure to request the main (Sunset Savannah). I assume this is a kidani conversation, since Kidani is the only one that has access to Pemba.

Pembe is 4 acres, Sunset is 18 acres & Arusha & Uzima are 11 acres each. Personally, if I’d paid savanna view points I’d be disappointed w/ a Pembe view, if I’d booked/paid for a standard view & ended up on Pembe I’d be happy.
BTW a lot of the names at Kidani are from the Lion King, thus Pembe savanna is named for an elephant in the movie (& pembe means ivory or horn or angle in Swahili) not that there’ll ever be elephants on Pembe savanna 😂 .

BTW a lot of the names at Kidani are from the Lion King, thus Pembe savanna is named for an elephant in the movie (& pembe means ivory or horn or angle in Swahili) not that there’ll ever be elephants on Pembe savanna 😂 .

Thanks. I love trivia like that. Though I can't believe that in all the times I've seen The Lion King, I never heard Pembe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter