People interested in Poly2: are you hoping for new association or same?

Are you hoping Poly2 is a

• New Association (eg Copper Creek)

Votes: 77 31.4%
  • Same Association (eg Kidani)

Votes: 168 68.6%

• Total voters
2 questions:

1. Which would be more likely to cause the point chart for 1/2 Bedrooms be lower? We want it to stay in 1 and 2 Bedrooms, but since they don't have them already I can't get a good idea of what those point costs would be.

2. Which would be more likely to make booking 1/2 Bedrooms more available (at both 11 and 7 months)?
CCV has the same point chart as BRV, so I think PVB2 will have the same cost for studios, standard and lake view. They might create a different point cost if they think the views of MK from the new building is better, like a theme park view or such, however we can assume comparable point cost for comparable views for studios.
From there, 1BR will be double the cost of a studio and 2BR slightly less than 3x the cost of a studio. It's how it is at all other resorts and it's reasonable to assume them continuing to do so.

If that is true, then on pool days people better plan on being in line at 9:50am at the latest. There was literally a line of 25ish people at 9:45am before it opened when we were there in February. I was shocked. If an entirely new resort has access to that pool, it will be crazy-town trying to get a lounger.
I have every expectation that Polyflections will be part of the Polynesian Village Resort. The press release pretty much confirmed that much. It just stopped short of confirming that it will be part of the existing condo association or announcing a new association.

The new building will have a pool as well. It should help to distribute crowds. Not everyone will want to be at the Volcano Pool.

I 100% agree. I have made the same comment on other threads. If PVB2 is the same association at PVB1, that main Poly pool (Volcano) won't be able to handle it. We were there in February and we got loungers at 10:15am (it opens at 10:00am), and by 10:45am all the loungers were taken. While we were there, we ran into someone we know from back home who was staying there the entire week. She said they were doing parks every morning and wanted to go to the pool in the afternoon, but getting loungers was impossible. Lucky for her, we were getting up for an ADR so she got out loungers.

I don't know what Disney will decide regarding the Poly2 association status, but IMO they absolutely need to make Poly2 a new association. There needs to be some sort of buffer between the two resorts. Also, the restaurant(s) at the new Poly2 better be good. The ADRs at Poly are already tough to get, so dropping another resort right next to current Poly will make those restaurants even more packed.

I suspect the new building will include multiple dining options. Given the lack of any signature dining at Poly, and they closing of the Spirit of Aloha which was a “2 credit” dining option, my best guess is that the new building will include a signature restaurant, plus some mix of QS and/or lounge and/or cafe.
1 TS + 1 QS + 1 lounge/bar/cafe would be enough that it *could* be it’s own resort/association.

If that is true, then on pool days people better plan on being in line at 9:50am at the latest. There was literally a line of 25ish people at 9:45am before it opened when we were there in February. I was shocked. If an entirely new resort has access to that pool, it will be crazy-town trying to get a lounger.
There will also be another new pool that existing Poly buildings will have access to. Guest-to-pool ratio should improve, not get worse.

Just curious why you think that. If both Poly and Poly2 are their own association, the key to get into the pool can restrict them from "pool hopping", right? I mean, I can't walk over to BCV and go into their pool if I am staying at BWV. I am not sure why they wouldn't do the same if Poly2 is it's own association. Restaurants are different, because anyone can make an ADR at any restaurant. But the amenities, IMO, should be restricted to guests of that resort.

They way I look at it, the reason for putting a pool at Poly2 if it was it's own association is because they would have to have a pool there. You can't have a resort with no pool. On the flip side, they would also have to have a pool there if it was the same association as Poly in order to spread out demand. So who knows, lol...the reasoning for having a pool at Poly2 works both ways.

Disney already announced this is being built at the Poly resort. The title was New Villas coming to the Poly Village Resort.

So, there is no question that this tower is to be an extension to the two choices guests have at this location.

Currently, there are the cash rooms and the villas abs bungalows. Now the third option will be the tower rooms

In order the guests of this tower to not be allowed to use pools or other features of the Poly, it means it not only has to be a new condos association, it has to no longer linked to Poly on anyway.

The would have to change course and say this is a resort located between the Poly and the Grand.

Adding a new pool could simply because you help absorb all the new guests that will be there.

Again, based on what we know, these resort guests will be eligible for everything Poly has to offer.

Which condo association it belongs to really only impacts a few things. Booking window for owners at each, MFs, and whether contracts could have restrictions.

As always, Disney and DVD could decide to make this a whole new location and change that it is an option to stay at Poly.

So, you can have a new condo association and be part of the larger Poly.

But, that is not what was announced.

Last edited:
I don't know what Disney will decide regarding the Poly2 association status, but IMO they absolutely need to make Poly2 a new association. There needs to be some sort of buffer between the two resorts.
That doesn't really have anything to do with anything. Boulder Ridger Villas, Copper Creek Villas, and Wilderness Lodge cash guests all have access to all of the facilities at "Disney's Wilderness Lodge," broadly defined.

You're probably right, and I am scared of what that will do to the already crowded volcano pool. Hopefully they will put a pool at the new tower with a slide, splash pad, etc that will appeal to the kiddos, so they're not all wanting the volcano pool.
This is what I was thinking. The initial drawings are just that...initial. What if the new pool has an infinity portion, but also has a waterfall or other area that appeals to kids? That would really help. It can't just be an infinity pool if those guests have access to the Volcano pool. That new pool would need a draw for kids/families.

I still think they could restrict Poly2 guests from accessing the Volcano pool. I understand Sandisw's points as to why those guests would be able to access the Volcano pool, and they are really good ones. But Disney/DVC can do anything they want. If Poly2 was it's own association, Disney could restrict those guests from accessing the Volcano pool if they wanted to. Poly2 is a DVC resort that has already been marketed as having it's own restaurants and amenities, so all DVC has to do is communicate to owners before purchasing that they will only have access to that Poly2 pool. Buyers would know that going into it. There is nothing that I am aware of that states DVC would have to allow owners at one association have access to pools at another association. Every situation within DVC seems to be somewhat unique. CCV/BRV, VGF, etc had their rules established for accessing amenities when they were developed...and in those situations it made sense to share pools. Would it have shocked anyone if they built a new pool at WL and CCV/BRV couldn't access each others pools? Disney could have done that if they wanted, but they didn't because it made sense based on demand to just have both associations access the same pools.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I honestly can see both sides of the discussion and think it could go either way. I just caution against stating that DVC "can't do" something like restricting access across associations. Because they absolutely can. And we have all seen DVC has no problem changing things up as they open new associations.

This is what I was thinking. The initial drawings are just that...initial. What if the new pool has an infinity portion, but also has a waterfall or other area that appeals to kids? That would really help. It can't just be an infinity pool if those guests have access to the Volcano pool. That new pool would need a draw for kids/families.

I still think they could restrict Poly2 guests from accessing the Volcano pool. I understand Sandisw's points as to why those guests would be able to access the Volcano pool, and they are really good ones. But Disney/DVC can do anything they want. If Poly2 was it's own association, Disney could restrict those guests from accessing the Volcano pool if they wanted to. Poly2 is a DVC resort that has already been marketed as having it's own restaurants and amenities, so all DVC has to do is communicate to owners before purchasing that they will only have access to that Poly2 pool. Buyers would know that going into it. There is nothing that I am aware of that states DVC would have to allow owners at one association have access to pools at another association. Every situation within DVC seems to be somewhat unique. CCV/BRV, VGF, etc had their rules established for accessing amenities when they were developed...and in those situations it made sense to share pools. Would it have shocked anyone if they built a new pool at WL and CCV/BRV couldn't access each others pools? Disney could have done that if they wanted, but they didn't because it made sense based on demand to just have both associations access the same pools.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I honestly can see both sides of the discussion and think it could go either way. I just caution against stating that DVC "can't do" something like restricting access across associations. Because they absolutely can. And we have all seen DVC has no problem changing things up as they open new associations.
Your mistake is calling Poly2 a resort. Poly2 is not a resort. Poly2 is a building being added to an existing resort.

Would it have shocked anyone if they built a new pool at WL and CCV/BRV couldn't access each others pools?
Yes that would have been insane. Cash guests walking around these properties have no clue what the difference is between "Boulder Ridge" and "Copper Creek," they just think they're staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

Currently, there are the cash rooms and the villas abs bungalows. Now the third option will be the tower rooms
I totally get it. I am not trying to be a PITA, lol. I am just trying to think through this. It's an interesting discussion. Imagine if those cash guests can't get any seats at the Volcano pool throughout their weeklong stay because another 1500 guests are now staying nearby and have access to that already high-demand pool. An acquaintance of ours literally just experience that in February (we randomly bumped into her when we were there during our split stay). They were there for her daughter's senior trip and she commented how p*ssed they were that they were spending that much money (which in general they were OK with because it was a special trip) and couldn't get a spot at the pool. That would be a problem to me if I was a person at Disney deciding these things.

Whatever, though. I guess we will see. I don't have an interest either way...except for when I stay there, lol. I just think Disney knows how crammed that Volcano pool is (it is one of the restricted pool hopping pools for a reason) and there would need to be some sort of mitigation when adding that many new guests. And I just don't think that adding a pool at Poly2 is going to spread out the demand. Volcano pool is the draw. It would be like adding a new movie theatre right next door to the existing theatre and all customers get to access both, but one theatre has the "A list" movies and the other has the "B list" movies. And that "A list" theatre was already oversold and seats were given out "first come, first served". I can promise you that getting a seat for those "A list" movies will now be a major headache. Sure some people from the "A list" theater might go watch some movies at the "B list" theatre, but the scales will definitely be tipped to the side of the "B list" wanting to go to the "A list". There is no way the new Poly2 resort doesn't negatively impact the access at the Volcano pool if those Poly2 guests have access.

Good discussion, though :)

Yes that would have been insane. Cash guests walking around these properties have no clue what the difference is between "Boulder Ridge" and "Copper Creek," they just think they're staying at the Wilderness Lodge.
Cash guests, yes. It's not that hard to restrict DVC compared to cash guests. And the new Poly2 is a DVC addition, isn't it? They may have some cash stays there, but the large majority will be DVC. They wouldn't have to restrict the smaller number of cash guests.

Your mistake is calling Poly2 a resort. Poly2 is not a resort. Poly2 is a building being added to an existing resort.
You're right. My bad. It's an association, not a resort.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I am just having a discussion. Many people on here know a heck of a lot more than I do about DVC. I just think that before DVC came out with the resale restrictions, members would have never believed they would do that. It would have been "impossible". But DVC did it. What would keep them from restricting people from accessing a pool at another association? Particularly if that pool already has a problem with crowding/access?

What would keep them from restricting people from accessing a pool at another association? Particularly if that pool already has a problem with crowding/access?
It's not a legal issue. Yes, they COULD do what you're suggesting, and they could do it regardless of whether this was a new association or an expansion of the existing PVB. I'm saying it's an operational issue. It wouldn't make any sense. It would confuse cash and points guests alike. When you're staying at "Resort X," you expect to have full access to the features and ammenities of "Resort X." Disney doesn't want their frontline cast members to sitting there checking room numbers within the resort to determine who has access to which pools.

I also don't understand why you assume that the existing pool crowding/access issues would get worse. Isn't it equally likely that the new pool they're building is going to be better, bigger, and (obviously) newer? Just because PVB2 guests COULD access the existing pool doesn't mean they'd all want to, and you'll also have traffic going the opposite direction as PVB1 guests will have access to the new amenities as well.

I'm saying it's an operational issue. It wouldn't make any sense. It would confuse cash and points guests alike. When you're staying at "Resort X," you expect to have full access to the features and ammenities of "Resort X." Disney doesn't want their frontline cast members to sitting there checking room numbers within the resort to determine who has access to which pools.

BINGO!!! It is a simple situation as to why it has to be the same. Can you imagine a guest saying to a CM, "Wait, I am staying at the Polynesian but that side is the also the Polynesian but not the Polynesian?"

Has the volcano pool gotten that bad? Our last poly stay was 2018 at the end of Thanksgiving week and I don’t remember anything too crazy. We are booked again for this June. Does the magic band scan at the gate actually work? I know pool hopping isn’t allowed, but I wonder if it happens (would not imagine it’s a large enough number of guests to create a problem).

As a poly owner I’m indifferent on wether it’s the same association or not. It seems pretty clear that it is going to be part of the poly resort and not a new stand alone resort, so my bigger concern is that this new tower has enough amenities to handle the extra guests. I really hope they don’t skimp and add a decent pool with a slide/splash area… doesn’t need to be volcano2, but needs to be more then a quiet pool. I also hope it has a few dining options… def a qs and a table service.

Last edited:
There will also be another new pool that existing Poly buildings will have access to. Guest-to-pool ratio should improve, not get worse.

Maybe, we don't know. Depends on the pathways between the pools and the attractiveness of the pool options.
To the extent the new pool is more adult oriented, it could better distribute the "quiet pool guests." But to the extent the Volcano pool remains the only feature pool with slide, etc, I suspect the addition of hundreds, even over 1,000, of additional nightly guests will increase the crowding at Volcano pool.

Has the volcano pool gotten that bad? Our last poly stay was 2018 at the end of Thanksgiving week and I don’t remember anything too crazy. We are booked again for this June. Does the magic band scan at the gate actually work? I know pool hopping isn’t allowed, but I wonder if it happens (wouldn’t imagine it’s a large enough number of guests to create a problem).

As a poly owner I’m indifferent on wether it’s the same association or not. It seems pretty clear that it is going to be part of the poly resort and not a new stand alone resort, so my bigger concern is that this new tower has enough amenities to handle the extra guests. I really hope they don’t skimp and add a decent pool with a slide/splash area… doesn’t need to be volcano2, but needs to be more then a quiet pool. I also hope it has a few dining options… def a qs and a table service.
Reports have been that everything is crowded this spring and that's when the PP's friend was visiting. March Madness isn't just about college basketball anymore!

Maybe, we don't know. Depends on the pathways between the pools and the attractiveness of the pool options.
To the extent the new pool is more adult oriented, it could better distribute the "quiet pool guests." But to the extent the Volcano pool remains the only feature pool with slide, etc, I suspect the addition of hundreds, even over 1,000, of additional nightly guests will increase the crowding at Volcano pool.
Why would you make that assumption? Saratoga Springs has like three feature pools. Do you really think Disney would try to sell a couple million new Poly points with nothing but a wet concrete rectangle? Do you think Disney is unaware of which pools are more popular than others, or what the optimal square-footage-of-pool-per-guest-room ratio is?

BINGO!!! It is a simple situation as to why it has to be the same. Can you imagine a guest saying to a CM, "Wait, I am staying at the Polynesian but that side is the also the Polynesian but not the Polynesian?"

They may either:
1 -- Ultimately, make it a new resort (which is not consistent with the current press release, but could still be possible). So, you're not staying at the Polynesian, you're staying at Aloha Village.
2 -- Between distances, design of pathways, and by having enough features at the new building, discourage guests from going over to the Poly pool. Sure, it's "allowed"... but like Kidani/Jambo... If you're staying at Kidani, you have a great pool of your own. The Jambo pool is far and vice versa. It can be a half-mile walk from a Kidani room to the main pool.... not worth it, when you have a perfectly good pool of your own.

Why would you make that assumption? Saratoga Springs has like three feature pools. Do you really think Disney would try to sell a couple million new Poly points with nothing but a wet concrete rectangle? Do you think Disney is unaware of which pools are more popular than others, or what the optimal square-footage-of-pool-per-guest-room ratio is?

I'm not making any assumptions. That's why I said it "depends" on the attractiveness of the pool options. I don't know what they will build. All we have so far is the proposed artwork, which suggests an infinity pool. Doesn't show a slide or play area. But we simply don't know. The art work may largely get torn up. Or there may even be an entire additional pool that's not even shown in the artwork. But as I said, if the volcano pool remains the only "feature" pool, then I would expect it to become more crowded, not less.

As to what DIsney knows --- It's not like they have such a great track records at the optimal square footage to guest, etc -- Volcano Pool is already too small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter