• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

People Scattering Ashes at Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes so much more sense to do it from a boat. I bet one of the tiny boat captains working the route to Fort Wilderness would look the other way at night if you had some ashes. Your loved one could hear the Electrical Water Pageant forever AKA be as close to an Earthly heaven as there is.

Makes so much more sense to do it from a boat. I bet one of the tiny boat captains working the route to Fort Wilderness would look the other way at night if you had some ashes. Your loved one could hear the Electrical Water Pageant forever AKA be as close to an Earthly heaven as there is.

You get I think EPA regulations in on that. My dad wanted part of his ashes spread on Puget Sound. To do that legally you have to be 5 miles from all shores and use a water solluable urn that will desinigrate in the water. The WA ferries will let you do it on their routes with pre arrangements. They stop thr boat, make an announcement as to why and you drop it from the back of the boat. They give you a paper with the coordinates. The other option is the coast guard but they generally don't let you go along.

Amazing all that goes into this stuff that you don't know about until you need to.

I get that this practice is for the loved ones who passed, and even more for the survivors of it all... but at some point we have to be considerate of those around us.. I wish I could say in my years as a CM I never encountered this... but that would be a lie. The person was banned for life, so I guess weigh your pros and cons.

Obviously this is against the rules and no one should do it, but from everything I've read there is no real danger to anyone in doing this, including getting into water sources. Known environmental impacts on spreading ashes is minimal at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter