Peppermint Pedicure at SSR

MrGrumpy222 said:
My wife says she enjoys pedicures but they tickle, why go through that ladies? Does anyone else endure such torment? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Okay...once in a while I get the ticklish feeling, but it's over in a heartbeat. Honestly, those few tickles on the tootsies are worth putting up for the massaging of the legs and the sloughing on my feet! Besides, if the pedicurist tickles too much, I know my reaction...my reflex literally kicks in and my tootsie might make contact with a nose...

momsgoofy said:
Okay...once in a while I get the ticklish feeling, but it's over in a heartbeat. Honestly, those few tickles on the tootsies are worth putting up for the massaging of the legs and the sloughing on my feet! Besides, if the pedicurist tickles too much, I know my reaction...my reflex literally kicks in and my tootsie might make contact with a nose...

See, at least Laura is telling the truth! So come clean, how many of you gals nearly kicked your pedicurist due to a ticklish reflex? Come clean! Better yet how many ladies kicked the pedicurist? That would make the Funniest Home Videos show. :rotfl: By the way, how much is the 50 minute massage Laura, I get one once a month here in Jersey, maybe I'll go with the wife when she goes for her pedicure. It would be a welcomed treat after being at a park all day.
Cheers :wave:

MrGrumpy222 said:
See, at least Laura is telling the truth! So come clean, how many of you gals nearly kicked your pedicurist due to a ticklish reflex? Come clean! Better yet how many ladies kicked the pedicurist? That would make the Funniest Home Videos show. :rotfl: By the way, how much is the 50 minute massage Laura, I get one once a month here in Jersey, maybe I'll go with the wife when she goes for her pedicure. It would be a welcomed treat after being at a park all day.
Cheers :wave:

MrGrumpy,

I try very hard not to kick the poor pedicurist...I've already given her a hard time just by putting my calloused feet in front of her... :rotfl:

As for the cost for a 50 min. massage, that depends on which type you have. Here is what I have in my file for the SSR spa. (I think I downloaded it from either the WDW Resort website or the DVC members page...can't remember and can't seen to just cut and paste from an Adobe acrobat file either.)

All of the following are the price for 50 mins. massages and DVC members receive a 20% discount.

Swedish massage $110

Aromatherapy $125

Adriondak Stone Therapy $125

Motherhood Massage $125 (but guess MrGrumpy wouldn't want this one...)

Mystic Forest Therapy $125

Shiatsu $120

Healing Hands $125

Reflexology $120

In Room $150 (after hour prices change)

Honestly, for the Swedish massage, it's about double what we'd pay around here...one of the benefits of living in the stix...but it's not often DH gets time to go at home so I'm treating him while we're at SSR. :love:

Hope this helps!

RATS! I knew I'd forget to add this and I dislike the edit feature so I'm just adding another post.

SSR also has a Fitness Center where you can get the massages and such also and yep! the prices are less.

Here is the info about them.

Massage Services
Our commitment to body, mind and spiritual wellbeing is embodied in each of our massage therapies. A customized experience will elevate your spirit, relax your body and invigorate your mind.
Swedish Massage
Enjoy a relaxation massage oftraditional long strokes and kneading techniques. This therapy increases circulation, soothes tired muscles and relaxes the body.
(25,50 & 75 minutes) $55, $80 & $130
Sports Massage
Your therapist will utilize their experience in different techniques to relax you and relieve the symptoms of built up tension in the muscle tissue. Using Deep Heat oil to penetrate the muscle allows a greater level of relaxation. This is a moderate to firm massage.
(25,50 & 75 minutes) $70, $95 & $145
Aromatherapy Massage
You and your therapist create a customized Swedish massage with the added benefits ofpure aromatic, herbal essential oils. Facilitates relaxation and soothes muscles strained from ovenvork.
(25,50 & 75 minutes) $70, $95 & $145

These prices are more like what we see around here.

Again, hope this helps. I think you can just call the SSR spa and fitness center at the same phone number I listed in my first post if you want to inquire about any of the treatments.

momsgoofy said:
RATS! I knew I'd forget to add this and I dislike the edit feature so I'm just adding another post.

SSR also has a Fitness Center where you can get the massages and such also and yep! the prices are less.

Here is the info about them.

<snip>

These prices are more like what we see around here.

Again, hope this helps. I think you can just call the SSR spa and fitness center at the same phone number I listed in my first post if you want to inquire about any of the treatments.

Hi there :flower:
Those prices are for the fitness centers at the other deluxe resorts, not SSR. ie, AKL, WL, CSR, Y&B, BW, CR.

Also, the discount of 20% for DVC members is for certain services. I know the 50 minute Swedish is discounted to $88, and the Mystical Forest Massage is discounted as well.

Thanks Aimee K!

I got them from the relaxedyet.com site for SSR, but I think you oughta know being a CM there. Thanks for straightening it out. Can you give us any tips while using the SSR spa?

Thanks again!

momsgoofy said:
Thanks Aimee K!

I got them from the relaxedyet.com site for SSR, but I think you oughta know being a CM there. Thanks for straightening it out. Can you give us any tips while using the SSR spa?

Thanks again!

Any thing in particular? Our goal is to get you relaxed and pampered, and feeling great! Arrive early, enjoy the locker facilities with the steam room, sauna, and whirlpool before your treatment. Have a cup of tea. Enjoy just being. :wizard:

Thanks! That was tip enough...just any suggestions you might have had was what I was looking for.

Thanks again!

WOOHOO! I got our Spa ressies made YESTERDAY!
After battling a major cold early this week, I finally got my voice back to call and book them. We have 2 Peppermint pedicures at 9am and then 2 more at 10am. My DM, MIL and her friend are coming to relax with me. DH has a Swedish massage at 10am. The CM told me that we would have full use of the facilities the full week we stay at SSR. YEAH!
I got up at 7am this morning to book CRT. But I got it! And then I went back to bed, YAWN!

Congrats Cinderminnie! I had to get up this morning and make my very last ressie...a sleigh ride at WL...it's the last thing we're doing on our relaxation day, which, if I do say so myself, has shaped up quite nicely. We'll sleep in, grab a late breakfast or an early lunch at Artist Palette, DH and I will head over to the spa for our treatments while DS chills out in the room, then later off to WL for a 5:30 dinner at Artist Point, mosey around the resort, grab a hot chocolate, and a sleigh ride at 8pm...then not sure what is on the agenda, but probably we'll head back to SSR because we'll have an 8am ADR at Breakfastasaurus.

I'm getting more excited each day...can't wait!

I got the peppermint pedicure last Friday. I asked if it was only during the holiday season, and the pedicurist said yes. Then she asked me if I wanted a peppermint pedicure.

It may not have been the full treatment, but she did put peppermint oil in the footbath and on my neck pillow.

momsgoofy said:
Congrats Cinderminnie! I had to get up this morning and make my very last ressie...a sleigh ride at WL...it's the last thing we're doing on our relaxation day, which, if I do say so myself, has shaped up quite nicely. We'll sleep in, grab a late breakfast or an early lunch at Artist Palette, DH and I will head over to the spa for our treatments while DS chills out in the room, then later off to WL for a 5:30 dinner at Artist Point, mosey around the resort, grab a hot chocolate, and a sleigh ride at 8pm...then not sure what is on the agenda, but probably we'll head back to SSR because we'll have an 8am ADR at Breakfastasaurus.

I'm getting more excited each day...can't wait!

Hold on - fill me in on the details of a sleigh ride, what is that all about!!! that sounds neat!! where do I find out about that?

Okay, did some research, booked 12/29 7:00pm, yeah, and then was able to get a ADR or what I like to still call Priority Seating at Whispering Canyon for 7:50, I can't beleive how awsome things are working out!!! YEAH!! Glad I found this thread, I am hoping the trails are all lit up with twinkly lights!! that would be pretty, I have walked them several times, during the day, but never at night.

The sleigh ride is the holiday version of the carriage ride. They put an overlay on the carriage to make it look like a sleigh. You can call the WDW-PLAY number to make your reservation. The rides are about 45-50 minutes long, but if no one has booked the hour after you, you may get a longer ride.

Dscf0918.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter