Perennial-Lunaria

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Lunaria-Commonly called Honesty or Silver Dollar Plant. I faithfully dead-head all my plants this is one I let go. I have it planted in a natural setting. It reseeds itself and is a biennial which means for the first year you get only a green plant, on the second year the plant flowers. So that I get flowers year after year I just let this plant go crazy.

Honesty likes ordinary soil, sun or semi-shade. It grown to heights of 40 incher. In the spring of the second year small purple flowers appear, after the flowers have disappeared tiny papery circles form on the plant, as the season changes these little circles become silvery colored and look like a silver dollar.

These plants are best known for their display in dried flower arrangements.

This is a great plant for children to plant. It fun to watch the seed pods change to silver dollars.

Silver Dollar Plant

Do you use this a sa backround plant? I am looking for something to use for a transition plant from the garden to the natural growth in the woods behind the garden...

Nat - I think this would make a wonderful "transition" plant! I had almost forgotten about this plant. There were several of these plants growing at one of the houses I grew up in. I remember collecting the "coins" and playing with them as a child. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter