perplexing ticket question

litlpixie

DIS Veteran
My brother has 2 days left on a 5day "World Pass" from 15 years ago. 15 years ago, he was 9. He is going back to WDW, my parents(who actually purchased the ticket at the time obviously) will not be there. I called the Disney Store, they told me there is no way for them to tell how many days are left(even though, back then they stamped the dates on the ticket, which can clearly be seen:confused: Is he eligible to switch it when he gets down there or do you guys think who I spoke to was mistaken. Btw, she sounded very young on the phone, and probably was a baby 15 years ago and maybe never saw one of the old "stamped" tix.

You might try calling (407) WDW-INFO and asking them, but I can't imagine that he won't be able to use the ticket.

He shouldn't have any problems using the ticket. I believe he'll have to go by Guest Services and get a new ticket that says that he's an adult and that has the magnetic strip so that he can use it at the gates and for FastPasses. But days don't expire on tickets, so he'll be able to use it.

Kermit's correct. Just have him take the ticket to a Guest Relations window at the major parks or at DTD and they will swap it for him at no charge. He will get back an adult ticket with two park hopping days on it for him to use.

Remind him to get the old ticket back for a souvenir. (The ticket agent will write or stamp "void" on it.)

Note: The ticket must be exchanged only on a no-cost even exchange basis to be still worth two days.

Do not try to apply its dollar value towards a park hopper or unlimited magic pass with more days since that way it is only worth zabout half a day based on its original purchase price in dollars.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Originally posted by GoldenOldie
Kermit's correct. Just have him take the ticket to a Guest Relations window at the major parks or at DTD and they will swap it for him at no charge. He will get back an adult ticket with two park hopping days on it for him to use.

Golden Oldie,
Why doesn't Disney send you out to train these people in the stores and on the phone? It would save a lot of aggrevation.

Another thing to ask when you swap it out is if he can use it at all four parks, or just the ones that were in existence 15 years ago...seems like I read that somewhere??? Just pondering. Not trying to cause anyone stress. :)

Originally posted by ironz
Another thing to ask when you swap it out is if he can use it at all four parks, or just the ones that were in existence 15 years ago...seems like I read that somewhere??? Just pondering. Not trying to cause anyone stress. :)

All tickets are now good for all 4 parks.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
Golden Oldie,
Why doesn't Disney send you out to train these people in the stores and on the phone? It would save a lot of aggrevation.

LOL! If they did, Disney's unemployment rate would take a dramatic rise. ;)

The sad part of it is that the situation isn't likely to improve in our lifetime. Disney has committed most of those jobs to part time barely above minimum wage positions that aren't going to attract or retain the greatest percentage of competent workers.

In the long run, it's turnover and apathy that will cause the situation to continue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter