• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Persistence Pays Off

raddisneyfan

DIS Veteran
I am notorious with constantly booking and rebooking my Disney trips to get, what i feel, is the best deal. For this coming September, I had originally booked CBR for 5 nights and CSR for 5 nights and had gotten a regular decent discount. Then I decided that both these places are under construction so perhaps I would keep looking, not only to get a better deal, but to switch resorts. I also wanted a place with a fitness center since it can be very humid/hot in FL in September and hard to get a proper workout outside. At first just looking to replace CBR for that reason. I finally got an AP discount for AKLV at Kidani. I kept checking though because even though I don't mind splits, I am always looking to basically stay in one place. Finally, I found an AP discount for AKL safari view for 8 of my 10 nights. Then I saw a good deal for GF at a rate lower than my AKL rate for the additional 2 nights. So that's where I stood until today. 8 at AKL and 2 at GF. Throughout this process I had seen the new Copper Creek Villas available, but not with any discount -- so, of course, no interest to me :D. However, today I went on and again put in my entire 10 day stretch and saw nothing of interest. Then, I subtracted one day and Copper Creek came up at 45% off the rack rate with my AP. I was amazed, and, of course, booked it. Then I thought I could see if the last day was available somewhere else. Well, once again with the wonky online Disney site, Copper Creek came up with the same exact rate, so I booked that too. I called Disney and had them connect the reservations and refund my 2nd deposit. Now I have 10 nights at Copper Creek that saved me $1400+ and 45% discounted rate. So for all of you out there looking for a deal--keep trying, every day if necessary!

LOL!!! Sounds a bit like something I would do. ALWAYS looking for a good deal.

Congratulations on getting such a great deal!! You earned it with your persistence, though!!!

I'll happy dance with you. I had been stalking multiple times a day to see if we could get the discounted rates at BC for our 10 nights. It finally showed late last night. We were able to call this morning and get the rate! :cloud9::stitch::figment::ccat::tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald::cool1:

Awesome news! It kind of stinks that this is what it takes to actually get a decent deal on a good hotel for the days you want. But such is life with Disney's website! I was thinking about doing Copper Creek as well, and now that you've said the RO discount applies to Copper Creek, I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be discounted for my dates in mid-October!

Awesome news! It kind of stinks that this is what it takes to actually get a decent deal on a good hotel for the days you want. But such is life with Disney's website! I was thinking about doing Copper Creek as well, and now that you've said the RO discount applies to Copper Creek, I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be discounted for my dates in mid-October!

Good luck!! We are waiting for room only for our Nov trip!

HOLY COW! I just put in 9-10 random nights in September and that rate for a studio Copper Creek is excellent!

Now waiting on those December discounts, although folks tell me that POFQ rarely gets discounts -- oh well, always willing to switch if need be. I must say though that the rate I already have for FQ is pretty good compared to other prices I've seen and that's non-discounted. In the meantime, looking forward to staying in a brand, spanking new room at CC. Happy hunting everyone!

Now waiting on those December discounts, although folks tell me that POFQ rarely gets discounts -- oh well, always willing to switch if need be. I must say though that the rate I already have for FQ is pretty good compared to other prices I've seen and that's non-discounted. In the meantime, looking forward to staying in a brand, spanking new room at CC. Happy hunting everyone!

I've also got a couple nights at FQ on our split stay, and yeah the rates are pretty decent. But of course, I'm a little used to paying Deluxe prices like you!

I've also got a couple nights at FQ on our split stay, and yeah the rates are pretty decent. But of course, I'm a little used to paying Deluxe prices like you!
I'm really looking forward to my stay at FQ--a lot of folks say its their favorite mod and I loved my Bayou room in POR in May. If I don't get a discount, I'm perfectly willing to pay the full price I have already.

When you say you keep checking, do you mean on the Disney World site or some other place?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter