Pet adoption...

Posted in another thread pictures of my beloved late dog Champ, a wire hair fox terrier. Another idea might be to adopt an older and younger dog together so that both would have a friend along with kind spark for companionship and for the younger pup, pehaps calmer behavior. Of course older dogs sadly often are overlooked in general. Pray on it. Go to a shelter and you will know! God brought Champ into our lives in a similay way many years ago.

Attachments

• 20230826_152035.jpg
    20230826_152035.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230826_151853.jpg
    20230826_151853.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 6
Posted in another thread pictures of my beloved late dog Champ, a wire hair fox terrier. Another idea might be to adopt an older and younger dog together so that both would have a friend along with kind spark for companionship and for the younger pup, pehaps calmer behavior. Of course older dogs sadly often are overlooked in general. Pray on it. Go to a shelter and you will know! God brought Champ into our lives in a similay way many years ago.
So cute! My sister had a Wire Fox Terrier….great dog!

We lost our 13.5 year old miniature schnauzer, Oliver, in January. He was the best dog ever and reading these comments makes me thinks we got super lucky because he rarely barked. However he would “yell” at you if you were late getting home.
So sweet 🥰

Cat! If I had a dog, I would get one that didn't need grooming. I prefer the ones with just a short flat coat. Same for cats, I like the shorthair variety.
It costs $85 for the Shih Tzu. I dont know whhhhyyy I'd even consider...

If you can wait until you meet them to decide, I would do that. See whose personality would mesh better with the pets you already have.

Otherwise, go with the pup, just because schnauzer is a really fun word to say.

Kitten that age is going to develop her personality- meeting won't tell you much. Hopefully she is still with littermates for proper socialization (separated too young is more challenging behaviorally as they mature). She should not be separated from littermates until 8wks.

Schnauzers are popular - find out why s/he was surrendered and any known issues. Dog like that will generally not be available long - usually means concerns medically or behaviorally if s/he is not snapped up quickly. That may vary somewhat based on location, but small purebreds with no behavioral concerns don't stay in rescues long...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter