photo managing with date printing?

spoon2003

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
I’m looking for digital picture managing software with some basic editing features. But most important requirement would be the ability to print date on my photos. My current workflow is .. import pictures using Microsoft Photosuite 10 (which I hate as it constantly hangs), my folders are organized by date and event 2005_12_25_Christmas, I make basic edits and flag any pics I want to print out. Then about once every 3 months, I copy all the flagged pictures and send them to print via online printing services. Then I put them in photo albums as my family still enjoys going through albums. I want to have dates printed as after a while, events blend together and I have trouble putting the pictures in order, I can order them against my laptop but that’s an extra step, if I can print dates that would be easier. I’ve looked at Irfanview, but one problem with that is it outputs to a temp directory and changes the date so I cannot organize my folders by date.

Sorry this is so long winded, but I really need to find an application where I can do simple edits, manages and print dates together. Thanks for any advice.

Sue from Boston

spoon2003 said:
Hi all,
I’m looking for digital picture managing software with some basic editing features. But most important requirement would be the ability to print date on my photos. My current workflow is .. import pictures using Microsoft Photosuite 10 (which I hate as it constantly hangs), my folders are organized by date and event 2005_12_25_Christmas, I make basic edits and flag any pics I want to print out. Then about once every 3 months, I copy all the flagged pictures and send them to print via online printing services. Then I put them in photo albums as my family still enjoys going through albums. I want to have dates printed as after a while, events blend together and I have trouble putting the pictures in order, I can order them against my laptop but that’s an extra step, if I can print dates that would be easier. I’ve looked at Irfanview, but one problem with that is it outputs to a temp directory and changes the date so I cannot organize my folders by date.

Sorry this is so long winded, but I really need to find an application where I can do simple edits, manages and print dates together. Thanks for any advice.

Sue from Boston

you could always get a camera that imprints the date on the pic, when you take it..

Another option is to add captions to your pics with the online service you use to print them, and simply put the date in the caption.

paint shop pro x allows you to create scripts for batch editing, you could create one adding text/date to a pic. then batch edit and insert it into all pics from that date..

I think you'd have to create a new script each time to change the date, but at least you wouldn't have to add the date individually

The on line print company I use for everyday prints, Winkflash, prints the file name on the back of the picture. You can change or add to this if you want (like add the month and year), but the filename really might be all you need when you are organizing photos since the numbers are sequential. Use a print service that does this.

A date on the front of the picture is handy, but can take away from the beauty of it. And if you ever want to enlarge and frame, it ruins it for that. Some people want the add the date anyway, and it's your choice of course. Just something to think about.

And I agree with Mickey88; PSP scripts are the way to go if you insist! : )

E.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter