Photo sharing: Disney Cruising

2ng4pyd.jpg

Hey guys! I'll be going on my first Disney Cruise in a week. I've shot plenty of fireworks around WDW but I would like to try on the cruise. What are some of your favorite spots to shoot fireworks on the cruise?

Hey guys! I'll be going on my first Disney Cruise in a week. I've shot plenty of fireworks around WDW but I would like to try on the cruise. What are some of your favorite spots to shoot fireworks on the cruise?

Photographing the cruise fireworks is much much more difficult than Disney World photographs. At Disney World, you get a 20 minute show, every night of your trip. On the cruise, you get a single show that lasts about 5-10 minutes.

So stake out a spot on the top deck where you can lay out your tripod, where you'll be able to get the fireworks AND part of the ship into the frame. You only will get one chance. I got mixed results with my attempt:

Fireworks over the Disney Fantasy by Havoc315, on Flickr

I wanted to get the AquaDuck sign and the crowds into the frame, to really show we were on a Disney ship. But somehow, I didn't appreciate the degree to which the AquaDuck tubing was blocking the sky.

depends what ship. I found a good spot on the fantasy on the deck with Currents bar on right side of ship i was able to get the Mickey funnel with the fireworks on that ship. The Magic you can't go aft they close that area off during fireworks. The Dream has same lay out as Fantasy. As for as Wonder I don't know haven't sailed on that one yet but i think it's the same size as Magic.

depends what ship. I found a good spot on the fantasy on the deck with Currents bar on right side of ship i was able to get the Mickey funnel with the fireworks on that ship. The Magic you can't go aft they close that area off during fireworks. The Dream has same lay out as Fantasy. As for as Wonder I don't know haven't sailed on that one yet but i think it's the same size as Magic.
Thanks! We will be on the Dream. So, aft is the way to go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter