Photography Board Summer Assignment, 2010: Scavenger Hunt

Are we ending this at Midnight local time?
Do you still have some shooting to do? :rotfl2: (Yes!)

What in the world are you doing with IV tubing? :laughing:

Tubing
990258348_Hza6B-L.jpg
[/quote]

Ok here we go I think this may be the last of the post for me maybe hahaha
Oniion rings
Hunt-132-2.jpg

Peppermint
Hunt-127.jpg

Decadent
Hunt-125.jpg

Hunt-124.jpg

Bride
weddingpiclo.jpg

Tubing
IMG_3245-1.jpg

Waterslide
IMG_3219-1.jpg

Wedding cake
IMG_1399.jpg

Dew
IMG_0005-12.jpg

Historical
IMG_0004-12.jpg

A quote on a plaque This is special to me because as alot of you know my DD is completely Deaf\Blind and we live by this quote!
Hunt-139.jpg

Eggshell
Hunt-136.jpg

Doggy bag
Hunt-134.jpg

Yourself
Hunt-120-2.jpg

Horseback from top
Hunt-119-2.jpg

Gapllo
Hunt-117-2.jpg

Octogenarian
Hunt-112.jpg

Dust
Hunt-111-2.jpg

Monument
Hunt-110-2.jpg

Armed forces
Hunt-105.jpg

Harley Davidson with rider
Hunt-103-2.jpg

Yankee
Hunt-102.jpg

Bespectacled
Hunt-100-2.jpg

Groom
41133_142781302423440_100000747126334_241667_7026497_n.jpg

Do you still have some shooting to do? :rotfl2: (Yes!)

What in the world are you doing with IV tubing? :laughing:

Tubing
990258348_Hza6B-L.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I knew that I still needed tubing so I grabbed a secondary set on my way out the door from work yesterday. Tried to come up with something creative but failed.

Last one
Fountain (slow shutter speed*)
990367774_rB9AW-L.jpg

I'm not sure what the deal is with those links, and what's different about the first one!!

Obsolete * - Old RCMP detachment

Emblem

Dock

Round (inanimate objects) Fuel tanks

Jetty

Pail and shovel in sand

Mobbed * free hot dogs! I missed the biggest crowd because I was cooking 300 hot dogs :D

Stormy

Illusion * The cloud looked like an extra mountain

Watermelon

Itty bitty * mushroom

Vibrant

Flags, row of

Buoy - in the boat

Boating - from inside * These folks sailed from England, to the Canadian Arctic, then were going south. They invited us on for tea and biscuits! Ver3y excited boys!

Emergency ** There's no need for lights and sirens around here...

Moonlight

Yourself*

Bird eating

Whale in ocean ** Right outside our back door! He played there for a couple of hours.

Coast Guard (tender, plus ship in background) * With Naval Officer (Lieutenant)**

The
last 2, I'm so sad
Boating while moving
IMG_0018-1-1.jpg

Attractive
Codys0thBirthday-112.jpg

I would like to thank Pea-n-me for all she has done and helped so many of us have so much fun over the summer.

Only 10:30 here so I'll post the rest I have....

Costumed Interpreter:

p83719946-5.jpg

Celebrity: None much bigger in MN - Joe Mauer

p417886945-4.jpg

Drive in Marquis:

p503125828-4.jpg

Dessert:

p142492786-4.jpg

Decadent:

p257878709-4.jpg

Dance: (Ring Dance)

p257930231-5.jpg

Equestrian:

p367398813-4.jpg

Emblem:

p222090162-4.jpg

Fountain:

p278352275-4.jpg

Holstein:

p237361371-4.jpg

Foggy:

p30124954-4.jpg

Giant:

p153131960-4.jpg

Famous Landmark: Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe

p1066091995-4.jpg

Museum:

p811032388-5.jpg

Nature Trail:

p688104811-4.jpg

People in Uniform at Work:

p1013430853-5.jpg

Woof:

p752345175-4.jpg

Yourself:

p974803950-5.jpg

Delicious:

p146253601-4.jpg

Flower:

p131052145-4.jpg

Thanks Pea-n-me for organizing this fun summer contest! :)

Decadent This seems to be a big hit at the fair this year -- bacon cheeseburger with grilled Krispy Kreme donuts as buns. I couldn't bring myself to try it.

Sorry - that sounds :scared1: :eek: :sick: !!! Definitely decadent!!! :lmao:

I will be posting a few more tonight, but I want to thank you for this scavenger hunt. It not only got me out with my camera more, but it also had me exploring places in the area I live to find things. I found some wonderful places that I would have never gone to had it not been for this scavenger hunt. It also has me looking at things differently and thinking of how to get the best shot with my camera.

Here, here..!!:cheer2:

September has ticked around, so no more photos from me!! I have had a lot of fun doing this - I have learned loads about my camera and taking photos. :thumbsup2
Just some random thoughts from my experiences:

1. US Government buildings are impossible to find in Brisbane!!

2. I’m never going to find a battlefield here, either. :laughing:

3. Princess in Oz is the QUEEN of category stretches…!!! I loved them all!! :lmao: popcorn:: :worship:

4. You never know when you will see something you would like to photograph – remember to have your camera with you at all times! :rolleyes1

5. I never had my camera with me at all times!! I missed so many opportunities. :sad2:

6. Ref 4 & 5 – I have spent more money and bought a small point and shoot camera to have with me at all times!! :cloud9: :thumbsup2

7. There are so many beautiful places out there that I will never get to see, but have had a taste of, thanks to this. Thank you all for sharing your homes, families, cities, states and countries. :flower3:

8. Mullets seem to be a thing of the past here – or maybe I was looking in the wrong places! :confused3

9. I got out of my comfort zone a few times to attempt photos for the Scavenger Hunt – good to do from time to time! :cool2:

10. I never thought I would get photos of some things on the list – it’s amazing what you can find when you become a tourist in your own city. :thumbsup2 :)

And last but not least…

11. No matter who you are, what you do or how good a photographer you are, there is no way to take a good photo of …..an udder…!!!!! :laughing: :confused:

Thanks, Linda, for organising this. I look forward to whatever comes next – can’t rest on our laurels now can we? I think you may have created a monster here…!!! :hug: :dance3:

Points score for me: 187

Artist at work*
SAM_0780.jpg

Ambience* (The ambience at Boma)
SAM_0529.jpg

Autograph (a poster signed by all of the cast members of RENT)
SAM_1233.jpg

Attractive (I think Prince Naveen is quite attractive)
DSCF5903.jpg

Airplane (from inside*)
SAM_0341.jpg

Boating (boats at the polynesian)
DSCF5849-1.jpg

Bubble
SAM_0739.jpg

Balloon (Hot air *)
SAM_0864.jpg

Butterfly*
SAM_0260.jpg

Candlelight*
SAM_0281.jpg

Craftsperson at work*
DSCF6070.jpg

Cigar store indian*
SAM_0546.jpg

Carousel (not the best picture but it is obviously in the background)
DSCF6255.jpg

Clock in Station*
SAM_0431.jpg

Dragonfly (kinda gross but I ran into a guy who had a dead dragonfly in his hand)
DSCF6200.jpg

Dock
SAM_0376.jpg

Doggy Bag* (a couple of leftover desserts from Kona Cafe)
SAM_0391.jpg

Dessert (in restaurant*)
SAM_0389.jpg

Decadent*
SAM_0390.jpg

Capitol Dome*
SAM_1194.jpg

Emergency** (may be hard to tell in this picture but we had some serious flooding here)
SAM_0252.jpg

Emotion/Expression (happiness)
DSCF6291.jpg

Row of Flags*
SAM_0427.jpg

Fountain
SAM_0863.jpg

Fireworks
DSCF6293.jpg

Freckles*
SAM_0155.jpg

Foggy
SAM_0429.jpg

Garden
SAM_1032.jpg

Celebration of Independence
SAM_0612.jpg

Icon (a pop icon Michael Jackson)
SAM_0768-1.jpg

Kayak
SAM_0257.jpg

Moose*
SAM_0803.jpg

Nature Trail (my mom and I on a nature trail at Ledges state park this weekend)
SAM_1218.jpg

Origami
SAM_1237.jpg

Rollercoaster
DSCF6068.jpg

Starbucks item
SAM_1235.jpg

Smore (very special smores at Le Cellier)
SAM_0802.jpg

Drink with Umbrella* (a Lapu Lapu!!)
SAM_0383.jpg

wind chime
SAM_1238.jpg

A Win! (finally beat my brother on Buzz Lightyear)
SAM_0454.jpg

Xterra*
SAM_0249.jpg

A quote on a plaque*
SAM_1050.jpg

irritated (my cat was very irritated when I put my lei on her)
SAM_1192.jpg

Stormy (a big rainstorm at the Polynesian)
SAM_0962.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what the best way to do this is. I guess I'll put them here. (I apologize for not answering PMs, I'm trying to conserve space, lol.)

Just a reminder (and I'll repost the rules below) that all pics need to be verifiably NEW from period of Hunt and that you should CAREFULLY tally your points but they should be verifiable.

We still need someone to do a TROPHY!

Please post your tallies here, and please get them in asap, preferably by TODAY or you risk not being counted as I've got to get started reviewing. It may take me a while as I'm going into a (really) long work stretch (and a family "hurricane" wedding) so please stay tuned. It's entirely possible I may not have winners named until late next week if the verification process takes me as long as I think it might. If anyone knows a shortcut to doing this, please let me know. I may try using user profiles to simplify - or I might just go through the entire thread once with a points chart for contenders listed in this post.

NateNLogansDad 264

pednurse 382

hjd0411 187

MER1015 341

SC Mouse Fan 361

Twigs 386

tlcmommyx4 385

Ellen aka Snow White 358

GoofyontheHighSeas 442

nordkin 257

juligirl 219

rmdavis 181

tazdev 407

PrincessInOz 485

luvsdumbo 310

ColleenG 304

AlisonUK 166

Rules for Scavenger Hunt - PLEASE READ:

1. Post as often as you wish.

2. Photo MUST have which scavenger item it is listed with it in order to receive points. Only one picture per item as I've listed them, please.

3. Categories are open to your interpretation, but please don't stray "too far" from the intended meaning.

4. Pictures must be new, ie taken no earlier than the time of this post, and date picture taken should be verifiable by EXIF data. Pictures that are not new cannot be counted toward points.

5. Points will be awarded as follows:

- One point for each item.
- Two points for each item with one asterisk.
- Three points for each item with two asterisks.
- You can only get one, two or three points for each item, i.e. they are not cumulative.
- If you post an item and then later get a picture of that same item that's worth higher points, you may replace the picture but you will only get the points for the higher item, not both.

6. The Winner will be the person who scores the highest points by the end of the Assignment. There will also be Second and Third place Winners for points scored. Winners will get a trophy for their signature - to be developed. (Bragging rights go to those who get pictures from every letter and every asterisk category.) Winners will be determined after midnight on September 1, 2010. Entrants will keep track of their own points but these points must be verifiable. Winners can expect to have points tallied carefully and should be able to provide EXIF data for all photos.

7. No cheating or arguing, please. It's all just for fun. If there is an issue, please PM me.

September has ticked around, so no more photos from me!! I have had a lot of fun doing this - I have learned loads about my camera and taking photos. :thumbsup2
Just some random thoughts from my experiences:

1. US Government buildings are impossible to find in Brisbane!!

2. I’m never going to find a battlefield here, either. :laughing:

3. Princess in Oz is the QUEEN of category stretches…!!! I loved them all!! :lmao: popcorn:: :worship:

4. You never know when you will see something you would like to photograph – remember to have your camera with you at all times! :rolleyes1

5. I never had my camera with me at all times!! I missed so many opportunities. :sad2:

6. Ref 4 & 5 – I have spent more money and bought a small point and shoot camera to have with me at all times!! :cloud9: :thumbsup2

7. There are so many beautiful places out there that I will never get to see, but have had a taste of, thanks to this. Thank you all for sharing your homes, families, cities, states and countries. :flower3:

8. Mullets seem to be a thing of the past here – or maybe I was looking in the wrong places! :confused3

9. I got out of my comfort zone a few times to attempt photos for the Scavenger Hunt – good to do from time to time! :cool2:

10. I never thought I would get photos of some things on the list – it’s amazing what you can find when you become a tourist in your own city. :thumbsup2 :)

And last but not least…

11. No matter who you are, what you do or how good a photographer you are, there is no way to take a good photo of …..an udder…!!!!! :laughing: :confused:

Thanks, Linda, for organising this. I look forward to whatever comes next – can’t rest on our laurels now can we? I think you may have created a monster here…!!! :hug: :dance3:

Points score for me: 187
:goodvibes Great thoughts!

Checking in with 386 points.

Pea N Me this has bee sooo much fun! hjd 4011 summed it up pretty good.
I have enjoyed participating in you past assignments and will continue to do so. I have learned a lot more about my camera and how to get certain shots, and I hope to get better at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter