PhotoKey - a little more info...

thatgirl23

Mouseketeer
Here's a little more info on PhotoKey from Attractions Magazine...

New photo sharing program at SeaWorld and Busch Gardens
By Banks Lee on October 2, 2014

A new way to take home your memories at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa has debuted.

The two parks have launched PhotoKey, a new photo sharing program that allows guests to collect, view and share their in-park experiences. PhotoKey users can collect digital photos using their PhotoKey card and view and share photos instantly with the PhotoKey mobile app.

At Busch Gardens, guests can purchase PhotoKey online at BuschGardens.com or at any photo station inside the park and take advantage of photo opportunities on most roller coasters, the park entrance, with roaming photographers or even on a Serengeti Safari. For SeaWorld Pass Members, special prices for PhotoKey are available on the Pass Member website.

The PhotoKey mobile app is available for download on Android and iPhone and users can also purchase products in-park and online to create one-of-a-kind memorabilia, including prints, frames, key chains, posters, bed sheets and more.

PhotoKey benefits:
• Unlimited Access – All photos can be viewed, shared and downloaded at any park photo location, on the PhotoKey mobile app or on the PhotoKey website.
• Save on Purchases – Receive discounts on in-park photo products that are available at any photo location.
• Keepsakes – Photos can be customized into various keepsakes through exclusive access to the PhotoKey website.

PhotoKey products available at Busch Gardens include:
• PhotoKey ($29.95): Collect your in-park photos from most major coasters and photo locations for up to three days (includes two 6×8 photo prints, discount pricing on in-park photo products, PhotoKey lanyard & PhotoKey activation card).
• PhotoKey Plus ($34.95): Collect your in-park photos from most major coasters and photo locations for up to three days (includes two 6×8 photo prints, one photo keychain, $5 in online credit to be used at Buschgardens.com/PhotoKey, discount pricing on in-park photo products, PhotoKey lanyard & PhotoKey activation card).
• Annual PhotoKey ($49.95): Collect your in-park photos from most major coasters and photo locations for a full year (includes two 6×8 photo prints, an acrylic photo frame, $5 in online credit to be used at Buschgardens.com/PhotoKey, discount pricing on in-park photo products, PhotoKey lanyard and PhotoKey activation card).
• Serengeti PhotoKey ($59.95): Collect your photos from your Serengeti Safari for up to three days (includes two 6×8 photo prints, a resin frame, $5 in online credit to be used at Buschgardens.com/PhotoKey, discount pricing on in-park photo products, PhotoKey lanyard and PhotoKey activation card).
• Ultimate PhotoKey ($74.95): Collect your photos from most major coasters, photo locations and your Serengeti Safari for up to three days (includes two 6×8 photo prints, a resin frame, one photo keychain, $5 in online credit to be used at Buschgardens.com/PhotoKey, discount pricing on in-park photo products, PhotoKey lanyard and PhotoKey activation card).

PhotoKey products available for SeaWorld include:
• PhotoKey: Unlimited access to digital copies of all your in-park and ride photos at SeaWorld Orlando, $10 in free online credit, smartphone connectivity with the PhotoKey app and unlimited same day in-park photo prints for $5 (Active Pass Members save 10% on a SeaWorld Orlando one-day PhotoKey for $49.99)
• Annual PhotoKey: Unlimited access to digital copies of all your in-park and ride photos at SeaWorld & Aquatica Orlando, $10 in free on-line credit, smartphone connectivity with the PhotoKey app and unlimited same day in-park photo prints for $5 (Active Pass Members receive this special introductory offer of $74.99, a $25 savings, for an Annual PhotoKey when you purchase before Oct. 31, 2014. Annual PhotoKey Pass is valid 365 days from activation date.)

Visit PhotoKeyOnline.com for more details about PhotoKey.

Unfortunately, I didn't find the PhotoKey website very helpful. :( On the mobile app description on the Google Play store, it says...

Compatible with all SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment attractions including:
- SeaWorld
- Busch Gardens
- Discovery Cove

From everything I've read, it does not seem like you'll actually get something like a photo cd or be able to download the prints to your computer in high enough resolution to then print what/when you like. That would cost extra, if it's even an option. Also don't know what this means for DC as the app was the only mention of it.

As of right now Photo Key is available at SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens. It has not been installed at Discovery cove yet but will be coming.

I have had photo key since the first day it came out. I have over 68 pictures on my key. I love it and have had no issues with it. I have downloaded all the pictures to my computer and I have printed them and they look perfect. I don't see any resolution issues. I don't see a need for the cd as it seems to work just fine without.

If you have questions let me know. I am very pleased with it

Do you know if we have to pre-purchase photokey for the pics to go on it? Or can I decide at the end of the day that I have enough pics to justify photokey (although for the one day option it's the same price as the one day photo CD??)

I absolutely see the benefit of the annual pass option, but it doesn't look like there is any advantage to the one day option over the in park cd?

Just for the heck of it I registered for a photokey account, and the registration email came from Amazing Pictures - the same company that does the Universal PhotoConnect/Star Card, and I've been very happy with my experience with the annual pass Star Card, so hopefully that bodes well for the annual pass photokey as well!!

You do not have to pre purchase the photo key. All the park photographers have the single day photo keys with them. The first place you get your picture they give you the card and then when you go to the next location to get a picture just give them that card again so all your photos stay on one card. This way if you do end up purchasing the photo key they are all together still. Hope that helps

So a little bit of info I learned about PhotoKey yesterday:

-The introductory prices are gone, current prices are $59.99 for 1 day and $99.99 for the Annual Pass

-You do not have to have a SeaWorld Annual Pass to purchase the Annual PhotoKey... so even if you are only in the parks for a few days, the annual price seems like a pretty good deal.

-It sounds like they do honor the Annual Passholder discount for the purchase of PhotoKey, but they do not honor the Partner Hotel discount card (which I was able to use when I purchased a CD about 6 weeks ago).

We bought the photo key yesterday - a full year for $59. We decided near the end of the day (didn't even know about it prior) and the lady went back through every ride we rode and found the photos and added them to our set. We had also had photos done at the front, then some with Santa and later at a staged photo area (a sled) that we had put on a card and all of those were included. Once she created our account - I could pull them up right away on an app on my phone. We went on a few more rides - and they would show up almost instantly (after we had them scan them in) on the app - which was cool because the teens like to Instagram them right away.

I love it - and hope to go back with my mom to Christmas town and get photos with her while we are there. :thumbsup2

We just returned from Busch Gardens and were HORRIBLY disappointed by the PhotoKey service. According to employees at the park (Moroccan Village Adventure Key booth), there would be photographers stationed "all over the park." They encouraged us to get "thousands of photos" if we could. The realty: For $69.99 (the price for a one-day Photo Key as of now), we found THREE photographers right next to the booth, one of whom snapped our photo. The rest of the day, we found NOBODY. The safari ride is not associated with Photo Key. All we received for $69.99 were 10 ride photos (only a few rides use this service), which were blurry and showed other riders with us. We came back a 2nd day (we had a 2-day pass), but encountered the same issue, after we complained at the booth as we left the first day. We were allowed to link our day #2 photos to the account, but we must pay $16.99 EACH to download a digital copy (again, poor quality) from a few rides. This is NOT worth the cost.

We just returned from Busch Gardens and were HORRIBLY disappointed by the PhotoKey service. According to employees at the park (Moroccan Village Adventure Key booth), there would be photographers stationed "all over the park." They encouraged us to get "thousands of photos" if we could. The realty: For $69.99 (the price for a one-day Photo Key as of now), we found THREE photographers right next to the booth, one of whom snapped our photo. The rest of the day, we found NOBODY. The safari ride is not associated with Photo Key. All we received for $69.99 were 10 ride photos (only a few rides use this service), which were blurry and showed other riders with us. We came back a 2nd day (we had a 2-day pass), but encountered the same issue, after we complained at the booth as we left the first day. We were allowed to link our day #2 photos to the account, but we must pay $16.99 EACH to download a digital copy (again, poor quality) from a few rides. This is NOT worth the cost.

That's too bad. We have the Photokey annual pass for both SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica Orlando and have been very pleased with the service, quality of photos, and product value thus far. We've got some great ride photos, and some super family pictures from various photo locations around the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter