• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Discount?

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
Years ago Disney would offer a discount, maybe $50 off, of Photopass. Do they ever offer anything like that anymore?

Guess it depends what you mean by discount. You can get 1-day PP for $75, 30-day PP bought in advance for $185, 30-day PP bought day-of for $210, or as an AP add-on (if you have an AP) for $99 for the year. So if you don't have an AP and you want it for your entire trip, you'll save $25 if you buy it in advance....... Those are the prices I'm aware of - perhaps others know of a better savings.

Guess it depends what you mean by discount. You can get 1-day PP for $75, 30-day PP bought in advance for $185, 30-day PP bought day-of for $210, or as an AP add-on (if you have an AP) for $99 for the year. So if you don't have an AP and you want it for your entire trip, you'll save $25 if you buy it in advance....... Those are the prices I'm aware of - perhaps others know of a better savings.
Thanks. I do not have an AP.

Disney used to send an email that offered a discount of $40 or $50 for pre-purchase. Based upon your comment, sounds like that is only $25 now. Better than nothing. but not sure if the final price is worth it.

For many years it was $200 to buy the trip package in person, but the pre-arrival pricing slowly went up over the years even as the $200 price stayed the same. It was possible to save $30… maybe even $50 at one point?

Today it is $210, or $185 pre-arrival (3 days prior minimum iirc). This is at WDW.

For many years it was $200 to buy the trip package in person, but the pre-arrival pricing slowly went up over the years even as the $200 price stayed the same. It was possible to save $30… maybe even $50 at one point?

Today it is $210, or $185 pre-arrival (3 days prior minimum iirc). This is at WDW.
First time I bought it, it was $49 and there were many more photopass photographers. :P My how things have changed.

First time I bought it, it was $49 and there were many more photopass photographers. :P My how things have changed.

Yeah the prices lol - oof! And some days photogs can be hard to find outside the standard spots like Main St or Hollywood Blvd. There’s been many issues with finding advertised magic shots and pictures getting lost.

Overall the price has still been worth it. Not perfect but has always gotten us enough great shots to keep buying. At first we looked at the cost like a photo session for Christmas cards with the kids, and it was for the whole trip. So we tried it. And never stopped 🤣 I look at our shelf with 12 Memory Maker boxes and it’s a bit scary all the money spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter