Photopass poses - The cheesier the better!

The last time I saw Chip and Dale before this photograph was taken, they scolded me for not having them on my lanyard. So this time, after I found the perfect pin of them to put on my lanyard, they decided to admire the pin, so I chose the I'm celebrating border because they're celebrating their appearance on my lanyard.

Image41.jpg

So here's a stupid q:
How would I approach a Photopass person to take pics w/ all the cool poses & effects when I don't know what they have to offer? I'm a very shy person & would be afraid to approach a Photopass CM w/out feeling like I'm asking something stupid. There are lots of effects that look really cute, but I don't know if they'd still offer it or not & I don't wanna seem picky and be like "Oh I want this, this, & this." So do any experts have any advice? :goodvibes

So here's a stupid q:
How would I approach a Photopass person to take pics w/ all the cool poses & effects when I don't know what they have to offer? I'm a very shy person & would be afraid to approach a Photopass CM w/out feeling like I'm asking something stupid. There are lots of effects that look really cute, but I don't know if they'd still offer it or not & I don't wanna seem picky and be like "Oh I want this, this, & this." So do any experts have any advice? :goodvibes

Well, having too many pictures is better than having too few, so don't be picky - just let them take whatever shots they want to take of you doing wacky things or making faces or whatever. What you need to ask for - because I think we all agree that some of the PP photographers will not tell you about everything they have available for you to get - are the "magic shots." When we were approaching some of the PP people last year, I could tell they would look at us and assume we were serious adults who didn't want to do crazy things. So before we even stood on our mark, I would tell them, "Okay - lay it on us! Make us do crazy stuff! We will do anything wacky you want us to do!" And that's when we had the MOST fun with one PP guy in DCA, over near the Bridge, and he had us laughing and acting like we were being squashed by a train and all that. He ws SO much fun. I wanted to take him around the parks with us, because it would have been non-stop giggles.

So since they won't tell you about all the magic shots they have available, tell them, "Give me whatever magic shots you have. I want them all. Tinkerbell in the hand - I want it! Pointing at Stitch in the ground - I want it! Sitting next to Mickey or Minnie on the bench - I want it! Pointing up at Mickey, Minnie and Goofy in the sky - give me that too!" And so on and so forth. Just make yourself as willing and open as possible and let them do what they want with you, and you will find that the results are joyous and wonderful and will bring smiles to your face every time you look at the pictures!

I agree with Sherry. Be willing to have fun. Don't be afraid to act silly, you're in Disneyland the place where lots and lots of incredibly silly, gigantic hats are sold. Ask a photographer for any "magic" shots. And if you've seen one here that you must have, ask for it. Disney was nice enough to literally track down a photopass photographer who could do the Darth Vader shot that I'd been trying to find for 3 days.

And though it doesn't apply to "magic" photopass shots, don't be afraid to have fun with the characters and goof off with them. Just last weekend, I watched Chip kiss one of my pins before Dale decided to eat said pin. Ask them questions about their movie or animated shorts. In some cases, the most magical character interactions come about because the guest does something that tells the character they really love the movie or animated shorts. I think this applies to both children and adults.

Thanks for the advice! My fam usually doesn't take pics of all of us together, but when we go on our vacation, I'll be sure to use Photopass & ask for the Magic Shots. But I still have a feeling my DPs will just have me in most of the pics. lol. I can't wait to do fun poses! :goodvibes

Here's a few more from my recent, multiple, CD Share. These were in late May.

My DD loves to play around with the photos and photographers. Here's a few that she suggested to our PP photog, Dave, and he was game. Interesting thing to know-they can't take any pictures of you with both feet off the ground.

In these 2 she told Dave "what if I was just walking along and Stitch popped up?" Here's the results.

Image425.jpg

Image429.jpg

I added the Summer Nightastic banner so it would look like Stitch was being roasted, a little.

And here she is being almost swept away by the balloons.

Image406.jpg

And finally, here she is being silly (and trying not to fall off the railing!)

Image414.jpg

These were all taken by Dave.

And here's one of the 3 of us acting silly. Even got my DM to do it! :rotfl:
Image377.jpg

Quick note-It is much harder to spend more time with the photographers during busier times. Summer and the holidays they are too busy to do much extra. But if you can be there during off-season you can usually get more time with them and different shots. That's one of the reasons I love going in Jan, May, and Sept. (as well as all other months except June-Aug. and the holidays)

2 more from May

In honor of the Orange Zinger that is closing today

Image1517.jpg

And one more taken on PP

Image1500.jpg

Got my last CDs today (from CD shares)

Here's my DNephew's (and foster son) first encounter with a character (on my birthday)

Image617.jpg

As you can see he's in his oral phase-everything, even Dale's hand (or at least his finger!) goes into his mouth! ;)

Image623.jpg

The whole gang.

Oh, those are TOO cute, Dizneydaz! Especially that first one with the debut character encounter! How precious! I think a little Disney fan is in the making!

Oh, those are TOO cute, Dizneydaz! Especially that first one with the debut character encounter! How precious! I think a little Disney fan is in the making!

Definitely, and thanks! That's how it all started with my NDephew(18) and now he's in Disney Parades! :goodvibes

This thread is awesome!!!!!

I have the WDW ghost driving a hearse one - it will be a bit before I can load it up and post it.

I have not gotten any fun Stitch ones, but have done the Captain Hook one at WDW, and Tink, and Simba.

I am really looking forward to my trip now!!!!!

:banana::hyper:

I never know what to expect when I see Chip and Dale. This time they were quite excited to see that they were on my lanyard as ewoks, so Chip kissed the pin. A couple of minutes later, Dale, not to be outdone, ate the pin.
Image333.jpg

Great photos everyone! It looks like they have gotten so many more options since I went about a year ago... I really love the balloons one!

When you are in your reply window you will see a little picture of a mountain on the top. Click that and enter your photo link. Hit ok and it will enter your link. Then hit submit reply.

When you are in your reply window you will see a little picture of a mountain on the top. Click that and enter your photo link. Hit ok and it will enter your link. Then hit submit reply.

Ok...what photo link do I use?...do I right-click on the photo that I wanna up-load...do I copy the URL link where the photo is located at?...Thanks!

Ok...I just figured it out...thanks for your help!!

Jon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter