Photos from June 2013 trip (Dream Castle)

loladelorean

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm back on the boards planning my next DLP trip in November (which feels long overdue) and I realised I hadn't actually shared photos or a report from my last trip in June 2013. So here they are.

This trip was a last minute decision, in the very last few days of my annual pass! We spent two nights in Paris, and two nights at the Dream Castle at the start of June 2013, in glorious sunshine.

The cast was Lisa (me), my cousins Lynsey and Janice, and our friend Lynne. We're all in our mid-late 20s. Lynne was a total Disney newbie, and Lynsey was a newbie to DLP.

We were super impressed with the Dream Castle, having paid a ridiculously good price for a family room on TravelRepublic. It had a huge double bed and bunks, plenty of room for the four of us. Breakfast was included and had a brilliant selection. The theming is lovely, and you don't feel too removed from the Disney atmosphere. Best of all, the shuttles were really quick, frequent and pleasant. If I was staying offsite again, I'd return here before the Radisson or Explorers (both of which I've stayed in previously and haven't been as good for various reasons)
Here's the view from our window, beautiful!

The first thing we did on arrival at Disney Village (early evening) was purchase suitable ears! Janice and I already had ours from previous trips, but Lynne and Lynsey needed to ear up. We then went to Cafe Mickey for a fun character meal.....with bubbles. (those familiar with my trip reports will know alcohol is a running theme)

On our first full day, we spent a fun morning in Fantasyland

Before hitting Discoveryland

Then it was off to the Studios for the afternoon

We then went back to the park where we had a great meal at Blue Lagoon, rode Thunder Mountain and Phantom Manor, then enjoyed Dreams - everyone was emotional! Being Scottish, we LOVED the new Brave parts.
I can't seem to find any more photos, the others must have them :( But we had a great couple of days at the parks, and I can't wait for my next trip. Ticker coming soon...

You started a nice TR. I hope you'd be able to share more. I like the view from your window :thumbsup2

Lovely pics Lisa! When are you off in November? They seems to be a good few booked already! Dis takeover! We are at the NPB for 5 days from the 24th :banana: so excited!

Lovely pics Lisa! When are you off in November? They seems to be a good few booked already! Dis takeover! We are at the NPB for 5 days from the 24th :banana: so excited!

Hey Kizzy, we've just booked! When I phoned to book NBC I was told that the restaurant, bar and lobby will still be getting refurbed in November and that the pool "should" be open by then so I made a last minute decision to go with Hotel New York! My mum is disappointed not to be staying at NBC but it just gives us an excuse for another trip.... :cheer2:

Hey Kizzy, we've just booked! When I phoned to book NBC I was told that the restaurant, bar and lobby will still be getting refurbed in November and that the pool "should" be open by then so I made a last minute decision to go with Hotel New York! My mum is disappointed not to be staying at NBC but it just gives us an excuse for another trip.... :cheer2:

Your mom will fall in love with HNY :cloud9:

Great pics Lisa - love the one of you all on Space Mountain :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter