Pick a pearl in Epcot?

RollTideinMD

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

Working on my budget for our upcoming trip and I recently learned about Pick a Pearl in Japan over at Epcot. I've seen where it's about ~$17 to pick the pearl, but I am wondering roughly how much it'll to have the pearl set in a ring. Do the rings come in various sizes? I have fat fingers and wear a size 9 or 10.

I've googled googled googled and am really only finding answers for pricing on the cages and necklaces.

Thanks!

You can get the pearls set in various rings, pendants and earrings. The settings range in price but if I remember right (in 2015) I had a pearl set in a pendant and it cost about $210. I also believe the rings do come in different sizes but it’s linited to what’s in stock. I have tiny fingers. The settings also vary in metal type, some are in silver some in gold. I’m sure someone who’s been more recently can give you a better idea

I had mine set on a thin, plain sterling silver band. I don't remember how much it was, but it wasn't too expensive. They did have different sizes for the ring.

Edited: It wasn't white gold, it was sterling silver. DH thinks it was around $75 all together but can't remember for sure.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Working on my budget for our upcoming trip and I recently learned about Pick a Pearl in Japan over at Epcot. I've seen where it's about ~$17 to pick the pearl, but I am wondering roughly how much it'll to have the pearl set in a ring. Do the rings come in various sizes? I have fat fingers and wear a size 9 or 10.

I've googled googled googled and am really only finding answers for pricing on the cages and necklaces.

Thanks!

I had my pearl set in a ring in February. The settings seemed to be 150+. I think mine was around $200.

Attachments

• 80175FDF-2231-47F4-BD9F-6F281661AAB9.jpeg
    80175FDF-2231-47F4-BD9F-6F281661AAB9.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 139

i would talk to a local jeweler - you can sometimes get it set in a setting when you get back for alot less than at Disney

I have fat fingers and wear a size 9 or 10.

Hey! I also have sausage fingers. My hands swell all the time. My engagement ring and wedding band are large to accommodate and I have 2 small dots in each to size them smaller.

Currently I have 2 loose EPCOT pearls in my wallet. My husband gets me one every trip. I joke that he is giving me a pearl necklace one pearl at a time. Personally I wouldn't buy any of the settings at EPCOT. They are priced for convenience.

When we did it, I opted to bring my pearl home and have a local jeweler set it for me. The cheapest necklace settings were over $50 and the rings were more than that, so I knew I could get it done more economically at home. Now I'm actually thinking of waiting until we go back next year, and see if I can get a second pearl close to the same size so I can have earrings :)

I purchased a simple plain thin-ish sterling silver ring there twice to have them set my pearls in. That setting was not expensive. I forget the exact price, but it was definitely worth it if you are on a budget and just want something. The one I got was an 8 and I do remember they had at least a 9. Not sure about 10 though.

The jewelry was expensive at EPCOT. I bought necklaces with pearl cages on Etsy for about $10 - not really "high quality" jewelry, but if I ever want them set in something nicer I can take them to my local jeweler.

I'd also look into the pearl cages on etsy. They have some really good looking ones. We were just on there today so my girls could pick theirs out.

If anyone is interested in earrings, I got two pearls same size and small sterling silver simple cage type earrings for less than $100.

We absolutely love the store in the Japan pavilion. Pick a pearl is a lot of fun. Pearls vary is sizes. You will not be disappointed.

How long is the wait to do this typically? We have the Bon Voyage breakfast at Boardwalk at 8:00 am and then we'll go to EPCOT for half a day. Would love to do this but we don't have a ton of time to wait around.

We were there mid september and it was about a 25 minute wait for our turn once we paid for the pearl. The park wasn't hugely busy but it was Food and wine fest. it's hard to predict but you can always pop into the pavilion and ask for the approximate wait time when you get there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter