Pics of our first house!! **Bubble bath by Friday night!! (new pics p. 4)**

I really like the choices you made for the bathroom. I really love that color you chose for the walls. Can't wait to see the end results!

I really like the choices you made for the bathroom. I really love that color you chose for the walls. Can't wait to see the end results!

Thanks! We're REALLY looking forward to seeing the end results too! Can't wait!! :woohoo:

I did notice this weekend that we're loosing a little steam on the whole thing. But we chalked it up to having the kids over all weekend, and staying up too late Saturday night. We'll be sure to get plenty of rest and dig our heels back in this weekend! We're determined to get this thing DONE!!!

Here's what we have left:
Medicine Cabinet: Figure out the whole toggle bolt issue and get it up. (time frame: 2 hours, MAX)
Cork floor: Lay the floor, polyeurethane 24 hrs later, and then one or two more coats of poly if needed (time frame: one entire weekend)
Trim/molding/baseboards/shelves: (time frame: one day)
Sink/vanity and toilet: (time frame: one day)
Clean up remainder of mess: (time frame: 30 minutes)
Stock bathroom with towels, toilet paper, etc. : (time frame: 10 minutes)
Soak in bubble bath: (time frame: you may never get me out of there...LOL)

Here's the latest in the bathroom!! We have a vanity light and a medicine cabinet!! :woohoo:
It's actually starting to look like it might be a bathroom soon!! ::yes::
(sorry about the angle on the pics, the bathroom isn't huge, so it's difficult to get the pictures!!)

100_1927.jpg

100_1928.jpg

100_1926.jpg

PLEASE check back this weekend (or Monday)!!! We're laying the cork floor tonight, and we'll polyeurethane it tomorrow and Sunday.

Then next weekend all we have to do is put up all of the trim, and we've got the vanity all assembled in another room and ready to go, so then we just have to put in the toilet, vanity and sink, and we're DONE!!!

This is so exciting!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

Wow! You are not afraid of color!! It looks great. I had to LOL though. When I was looking through the first set of pics I found myself looking for the kitty instead of the house!

Oh I love how the bathroom is coming along!

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

Wow! You are not afraid of color!! It looks great. I had to LOL though. When I was looking through the first set of pics I found myself looking for the kitty instead of the house!

LOL...You know, I actually thought about that as I was posting the pics.
We have 4 cats, so it seems like one of them is always around at some point or another. Your comment is hilarious though. It's like "Where's Waldo", but with cats...LOL

OK, so this weekend...UGH! :headache:

We're scrapping the cork flooring idea. We tried, and we failed. :sad2:
We went "by the book" on the installation of the flooring, and it just won't stick down on the edges and at the seams. We tried rolling it down, and it still just looks like the seams and edges are "puffing" up. And we did our best to wipe up the excess adhesive that squeezed through the seams as we were pushing them together, but there's still a haze over the seams where we weren't able to get it all off. We don't know what we did wrong. But the good thing is that we knew something was wrong before we even finished the floor, so we stopped. So there will be less to pull up. *SIGH*

We're going with a floating laminate floor. We're upset that we'll be out the cost of the cork, but we do have some of the cork flooring supplies that didn't get used, so we're returning those to help defray the cost of the new flooring. The good part about the laminate is that the installation is MUCH easier than the cork, and we can walk on it right away once it's finished, so no down time. At this point, we would still be applying polyeurethane to the cork, so we won't lose much time. We're going tonight to pick out the color and type of laminate. We should be able to get the floor laid Friday night/Saturday morning, and then get the trim in Saturday, and get the toilet and sink/vanity in on Sunday. We may still be finished this weekend!! (Keep your fingers crossed...LOL)

We really wanted the cork, but we're not willing to sacrifice the look of the bathroom. We've worked so hard to make sure that everything is exactly the way we want it, so we want to be happy with the floor too. And right now we're just not.

OK, new day, new flooring solution!! LOL

We went last night to look at the laminate, and found that for just a bit more in price, we could actually get click and lock hardwood!! :thumbsup2
Same ease of installation, no glue, no nails, still can float it over the cork floor, and it's REAL WOOD!!! :woohoo:

We chose Home Legend brand in the Santos Mahogany from Home Depot.
We'll be starting the installation on Saturday morning.

We got SO much done this weekend!! :woohoo:

We got the floor DONE, we got all of the base molding in, the toilet's in, and the vanity is in place ready for next weekend when we hook up the sink and its plumbing. We also have some trim to put up in and around the shower, and we're FINISHED!!!!! :cool1: :yay: :cheer2: :dance3: :woohoo:

Here are some pictures of this weekend's progress:

The new hardwood floor:
100_1936.jpg

The floor with the base molding:
100_1939.jpg

The new toilet:
100_1943.jpg

The vanity's in place!:
100_1956.jpg

100_1970.jpg

A "preview" of the vanity/med cabinet/light:
100_1960.jpg

Look how shiny!!! :3dglasses
100_1963.jpg

So next weekend we have to hook up the sink and plumbing, finish up the trim, and we've got a bathroom!! :dance3: :woohoo: :cool1: :yay: :cheer2:

Very pretty house. I love the green! We have the same light in our bathroom. Good luck with everything.:)

This will be the 2nd to last update on the bathroom project!!

Last weekend we got the sink all hooked up, got the trim for the shower cut and ready, and then this week we got the shower trim all up! All that's left is one more quick caulk job around the tub, put the shower curtain back on, and hang pictures/accessorize!! We'll have a usable shower by the end of this week!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Here are some pictures I took yesterday afternoon. (Please don't mind the fact that the bathtub is filthy. We had to stand in it to do the trim/caulking.
It'll get another good scrub-down before we use it!)

goodbath1.jpg

goodbath2.jpg

goodbath3.jpg

goodbath5.jpg

goodbath7.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter