Pigeon Forge Trip Report

Joe,

You and DW have a beautiful view and site (I think @Teamubr stayed there too once).

Ya'll rich folks with the big class A RV's stay on the waterfront sites near Pigeon Forge. At the PF DISmeet we had in, what, 2021, my DW and I stayed near to your DELUXE campground at the poor, ol', lowly, Recreation.Gov campground Douglas Headwaters Campground in not a waterfront site :rolleyes: but new DVC FW customers may be reading up on us low class camper Fort guests which was NOT deluxe but our rec.gov site was fine for a one-night plug in before rolling into the DISMeet (again, it's a strange language for most of our DVC frenz).

If you didn't do it 2 years ago, make sure you go book a tour of the Titanic Exhibit in PF. It is a seriously great museum/historical attraction. The room that recreates the T Bridge in the dark with its ice and cold and wet is so awesome IMO.

In truth, I'm just jealous so please share lots of pictures.
I'm in Alabama till June so popcorn:: :surfweb:.

Ed

PS - search words: fist pump napolean dynamite

Last edited:

Joe,

You and DW have a beautiful view and site (I think @Teamubr stayed there too once).

Ya'll rich folks with the big class A RV's stay on the waterfront sites near Pigeon Forge. A
Ed,

This place is dirt cheap considering the amenities and view. It's like $60/night. Not as good as Douglas Headwaters, but I recall those sites being short and not terribly level. We've stayed at Anchor Down 3 times. Here was out buddy site a couple of years ago.

20211001_145424.jpg
20211001_150109.jpg

j

Last edited:
Ed,

This place is dirt cheap considering the amenities and view. It's like $60/night. Not as good as Dougles Headwaters, but I recall those sites being short and not terribly level. We've stayed at Anchor Down 3 times. Here was out buddy site a couple of years ago.

Well that's still nearly 3X the price and since my camper is short, it's easier to level (altho I will grant you sites in Douglas are not all flat).

Have to say, DW and I are planning other trips b4 we return to PF.

When we were at Gulf State Park last week, @rocketmom and DH had come there from PF (via an overnight stay around Birmingham area) so @tigger92662 and @rocketmom are proof that PF is a favorite stop for DIS campers on their way south.

ED

PS - which reminds me, @tigger92662 , is PF your ultimate destination on this trip or will you be heading further south later?

PS - which reminds me, @tigger92662 , is PF your ultimate destination on this trip or will you be heading further south later?
No unfortunately we are just here for a week then back to work, although we certainly would have no problem relocating here after retirement

@bama_ed we have titanic booked for wednesday
Not sure I would have worded it like that.........
I atually have a post card sent feom the titanic. Its somewhere in The house. Very cool, and I almost didnt notice it, as it was the titanic length compared to the height of buildings at the time, crystler building? I have to look for it and take a pic.

The site looks great, have a good trip!

We aren't too far from Pigeon Forge. Were there one time and had fun. Plan to go back someday, so keeping ideas for campgrounds in mind. Thank you.
This campground (Anchor Down) is at the very north end of the "strip". Technically not in Pigeon Forge. The campground is fantastic. I've stayed there 3 times, but if you want to see all the touristy things in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, there are much closer campgrounds. If you want to spend most of your time in the national park, Anchor Down is an hour away.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter