Pin Swap- Headed back to you!!

disney-akj

DIS Veteran
Sign ups will open on August 27 at 10 am EST (which will be 9 for me) and will close on August 31st.

Mail by date will be October 17

Ladies, let’s embellish our scrapbook, cards, and more. What we are creating are beaded scrapbook hat pins or safety pins. They are perfect to slip behind flowers, tie in a ribbon, embellish a photo, or tuck just about anywhere. They are adorable, easy to make, and light on shipping. I have posted a link below if you have no idea how to make them or have no idea what I am talking about.

For each hat pin group you sign up for below you be will required to make two pins per person in the group. I will TRY to keep the groups to about five people. So you would make about 10 hat pins per group depending on interest and ending group sizes. For the safety pin group, you can make two smaller safety pins or one large safety pin per group member. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!! Please use clear glue, use nice beads, and have fun!!! You will be surprised how fast, fun, and easy these are to make!!

SHIPPING INFO- Please tape the ends of each hat pin down on a piece of scrap cardstock, poke into a small piece of styrofoam, or secure it in someway to prevent damage to the pins and postal workers : ) Then please bag the pins in groups of two for each group member and label each bag with your disname. Then place the small bags into a larger sandwich size/quart size ziplock labeled with your disname and group. Safety pin groups, just make sure the safety pins are closed before mailing. Bag the safety pins the same way. Please mail items in a new small bubble-wrap envelope to protect the beads. (If the envie is new, it should be in good enough condition for me to return your swap items to you in). Send the same amount of return postage that it cost you to send me the package (money or stamps either are fine). Include two extra stamps in case postage is extra and I will return any unused stamps/postage. Also please return a self addressed address label as well. I recommend using Delivery/Confirmation since we spend too much time working on our creations to have them lost at the PO. (However you decide to mail is fine, but no metered postage or click/ship sent to me because my PO will not take it). Once I close sign ups, I will PM you my address and shipping information. I also ask for you to PM me your real name, address, email, and phone number.

Here area a few inspiration pictures.

IMG_5685.jpg

IMG_4298.jpg

Here are some instructions on how to make them. Note you can use corsage pins or there are jewelry straight pins available in any jewelry section of a craft store that are cheap as well (and more flexible which is sometimes nice when tucking them behind things, because they will bend a little- they are called head pins). Either is fine!

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2010/04/hat-pin-or-scrapbook-stick-pin-tutorial.html

Here are some links to safety pins photos. These are new to me too, but I have heard a lot of them and am excited to try them if anyone else is up for the challenge. Here are two pictures of how they can be used!

http://scrapbookingtechnique.blogspot.com/2011/02/vintage-tag-swap.html

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?m=image&id=93427&type=searchwords&s=safety+pin+bead&start=24&page=0&sort=2

Here is a links on how to make the safety pins. You can buy the no coil safety pins at any scrapbook/fabric store. See second link below!

http://familycrafts.about.com/cs/beadedsafetypins/a/080700b.htm

http://www.beadbee.com/girl-scouts-crafts-how-to-swaps-pins.htm

Hat Pin Groups- Remember you are making 2 pins per person in the hat pin groups!

A. Pastel Colors Make 10 total (two per swapper)
1. mom-to-2-princesses
2. ckmom97
3. mommy2mrb
4. mickeyteacher
5. VickyV

B. Disney Fun Make 10 total (two per swapper)
1. disney-akj
2. mom-to-2-princesses
3. ckmom97
4. wdwmickey
5. mommy2mrb

B1. Disney Fun Make 8 total (two per swapper)

1. lovemy3kiddos
2. wdwmickey
3. VickyV
4. AlexWyattMommy

C. Bright/Bold Colors Make 10 total (two per swapper)

1. disney-akj
2. mom-to-2-princesses
3. ckmom97
4. wdwmickey
5. mommy2mrb

C1. Bright/Bold Colors Make 10 total (two per swapper)

1. lovemy3kiddos
2. wdwmickey
3. mickey teacher
4. VickyV
5. Prettytinkpink

D. Rustic/Fall Colors Make 10 total (two per swapper)

1. disney-akj
2. mom-to-2-princesses
3. ckmom97
4. lovemy3kiddos
5. VickyV

E. Holiday Colors Make 8 total (two per swapper)

Christmas-disney-akj
Halloween- lovemy3kiddos
Easter- ckmom97
Fourth of July- mom-to-2-princesses

E1. Holiday Colors Make 8 total (two per swapper)

Christmas- mickeyteacher
Halloween- prettytinkpink
Easter- wdwmickey
Fourth of July- VickyV

F. Girls Make 10 total (two per swapper)

1. mom-to-2-princesses
2. wdwmickey
3. mommy2mrb
4. lovemy3kiddos
5. disney-akj

F1. Girls Make 8 total (two per swapper)

1. mickey teacher
2. VickyV
3. prettytinkpink
4. disney-akj

G. Boys Make 8 total (two per swapper)

1. mom-to-2-princesses
2. lovemy3kiddos
3. VickyV
4. AlexWyattMommy

Safety Pins - Remember you are making 2 small safety pins per person or 1 one large safety pin.

B. Disney Fun Make 10 small (two per swapper) or 5 large (one per swapper)

1. disney-akj
2. ckmom97
3. wdwmickey
4. lovemy3kiddos
5. mickeyteacher

C. Bright/Bold Colors Make 10 small (two per swapper)or 5 large (one per swapper)

1. disney-akj
2. wdwmickey
3. lovemy3kiddos
4. mickeyteacher
5. disney-akj

D. Rustic/Fall Colors Make 6 small (two per swapper) or 3 large (one per swapper)
1. disney-akj
2. lovemy3kiddos
3. alexwyattmommy

E. Holiday Colors Make 8 small (two per swapper) or 4 large (one per swapper)
Christmas- lovemy3kiddos
Halloween- disney-akj
Easter- wdwmickey
Fourth of July- mickeyteacher

F. Girls Make 10 small (two per swapper) or 5 large (one per swapper)

1. ckmom97
2. wdwmickey
3. disney-akj
4. lovemy3kiddos
5. mickeyteacher

G. Boys Make 8 small (two per swapper) or 4 large (one per swapper)

1. lovemy3kiddos
2. mickeyteacher
3. alexwyattmommy
4. disney-akj

August 27- Sign Ups Open
September 5- PM your info and check groups
September 15- Check in with an update
October 1- Last Call for Angels! Update with progress/mailing status
October 17- Mail by

:thumbsup2:lovestrucckmom97- hat pins A B C D E Safety Pins B F
:thumbsup2:lovestrucmommy2mrb- hat pins A B C F
:thumbsup2:lovestrucmickeyteacher- hat pins A C1 E1 F1 Safety Pins B C E F G
:thumbsup2:lovestrucVickyV- hat pins A B1 C1 D E1 F1 G
:thumbsup2:lovestrucdisney-akj- hat pins B C D E F F1 SafetyPIns B C D E F G
:thumbsup2mom-to-2 princess- hat pins A B C D E F G
:thumbsup2:lovestrucwdwmickey- hat pins B B1 C C1 E1 F Safety Pins B C F
:lovestruclovemy3kiddos- hat pins B1 C1 D E F G Safety Pins B C D E F G
:thumbsup2:lovestrucAlexWyattMommy- hat pins B1 G Safety Pins C D G
:thumbsup2:lovestrucprettytinkpink- C1 E1 F1

:lovestruc Received your package
:thumbsup2 Swap received back to you

Participants

I'd like to join the hat pin groups, this looks like a fun embellishment!

Any glue that dries clear should work because the glue is under the beads. A lot of the blogs I visit use krazy glue (with the brush) or super glue with a q-tip. I have a martha stewart craft glue that dries clear or I have used glossy accents too.

I ran to Wally World yesterday for school supplies and was shocked at how many jewlery making supplies and beads they have now.

OK ladies! I think we have enough ladies to play. It might be a small swap, so we may have to make adjustments as we go along, but it will be fun! I updated the first post. Let me know what you think of the groups (add or delete??). We could even just do several anything goes groups too and not worry about specific colors/groups at all??

There didn't seem to be as big as interest in the safety pins so I might need to make less groups for safety pins?? Let me know what everyone thinks!!

OK ladies! I think we have enough ladies to play. It might be a small swap, so we may have to make adjustments as we go along, but it will be fun! I updated the first post. Let me know what you think of the groups (add or delete??). We could even just do several anything goes groups too and not worry about specific colors/groups at all??

There didn't seem to be as big as interest in the safety pins so I might need to make less groups for safety pins?? Let me know what everyone thinks!!

I love how you broke up the groups! I think most people who join are going to want to do more than one group so I think there should be some guidance. The only thing I can think of to add or tweak would be having a "girl" colors and "boy" colors group.

Thanks for bringing a new idea to us, this is going to be fun!

Michelle, I got a Oriental Trading catalog yesterday with tons of different beads, have you used their stuff before? was wondering about the quality, they have a lot of pretty ones.

Michelle--

Do you want us to use coil-less safety pins or regular ones?

For the tiny safety pins can we use seed beads or should the beads be larger than that. How "small" is a small safety pin? The teeny tiny ones (usually gold in color) or the ones that are a bit bigger?

Where have you found the best beads for the lowest prices?

I think that's all of my obnoxious questions for now ;)

Michelle, I got a Oriental Trading catalog yesterday with tons of different beads, have you used their stuff before? was wondering about the quality, they have a lot of pretty ones

I have never used Oriental Trading beads. I have ordered brads and other things from them that have been fine. I would just make sure when you are ordering that the beads are not huge like an inch thick where it would be hard to use in an album (does that make sense?)

Michelle--

Do you want us to use coil-less safety pins or regular ones?

Either is fine with me!!

For the tiny safety pins can we use seed beads or should the beads be larger than that. How "small" is a small safety pin? The teeny tiny ones (usually gold in color) or the ones that are a bit bigger? Seed beads are fine. Two small pins or one big pin

Where have you found the best beads for the lowest prices? Honestly Wally World has them fairly cheap, otherwise I watch the sales at the local HL's, M's, J's

I think that's all of my obnoxious questions for now ;) No problem!!!

Answers above in red.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter