Pin Talk with Scoop?

Quasi123

<font color=blue>You mean you have to say somethin
Does anyone know if they still have these pin talks at the MK? We went last year and really enjoyed it but can't find any information about what times they have this.

Last I heard Scoop has his 1:00pm Pin Talks almost every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. A good sign that he's going to have one is that there will be a sign outside Exposition Hall that there is going to be a Pin Talk. Asking at City Hall if Scoop will be around sometimes has mixed results. Another set of Scoop variables is there may be no sign outside Expo Hall but he may be wandering around Main St. So don't be dissapointed and remember the Disney fine print "entertainment may be changed anytime" (or something like that)

Swamp Fox

Scoop's talks have been canceled and our now being replaced with DVC and AAA info sessions in the theather of Exposition Hall where they use to take place.

Sorry to hear of the cancellation :( . I agree, asking for info always got me mixed results anyway, a large percentage seemed incorrect.

We were lucky enough to run into Scoop on our last trip. I noticed someone pulling a "pull-toy"(looked like two dogs being walked), wondered who in the heck it was and looked up the 'leash'/string & it was Scoop! We did some mystery trades & he liked some of the pins we had & traded for them out of his bag. Lots of fun!

If anyone wants to know where he is on Main Street, *even if you think you know for sure*...consider asking Guest Services and any suits on Main Street & all over Uptown Jewelers. If the 'suits' get feedback that Guests are asking for Scoop, maybe they'll give him a little more pr & respect :goodvibes .

agnes!

The following information is posted at the events site...

When visiting the Magic Kingdom® Park, stop by the Main Street, U.S.A.® Area to trade pins with Scoop!

Scoop Sanderson, Main Street, U.S.A.® Gazette Reporter, Town Councilman and Disney "Pin-thusiast," will play pin games and share the magic of Disney Pin Trading with Guests on select days.

Guests can expect to enjoy a variety of the Citizens of the Main Street, U.S.A.® Area daily starting at 9:15 a.m.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/event?id=3411

I haven't been to a Scoop talk in ages, mostly because of just bad timing between me and the days/hours it was offered.
A few months ago I heard through the rumormill Scoop was gone. However, I don't know from first hand experience if that is truth or rumor.

...A few months ago I heard through the rumormill Scoop was gone. However, I don't know from first hand experience if that is truth or rumor.

I'd guess it's mostly rumor & not quite completely true, since he was in the MK on Main Street & also in Uptown Jewelers late this past week(maybe Thursday?), so he's not quite "gone". Maybe the rumor was referring mostly to his Pin Talks no longer being held in Exposition Hall, that's (sort of) behind Tony's.

agnes!

I'd guess it's mostly rumor & not quite completely true, since he was in the MK on Main Street & also in Uptown Jewelers late this past week(maybe Thursday?), so he's not quite "gone". Maybe the rumor was referring mostly to his Pin Talks no longer being held in Exposition Hall, that's (sort of) behind Tony's.

agnes!
Scoop himself is not gone from the Magic Kingdom. He is always going to be there because of his character. It's his pin talks that are gone and will no longer be happeing, because of the DVC and AAA info sessions. My guess is his talks are gone because they made no profits for WDW and they figure they will get profits with DVC and AAA hosting these info sessions instead.

Thanks to all of you for the information. I will have to make it a point to look for him.

So now with the demise of Scoop Sanderson's One 'O clock Pin Talks at Exposition Hall that leaves our beloved Main St. reporter back on his beat on Main St. Does anyone know or could find out Scoops appearance schedule. Maybe someone who's close to the parks or a person on vacation can do a little recon for us and ask Scoop himself what his days are. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Swamp Fox

Anybody have ideas who we could "advise" that we want the pin talks to continue? My son's been going to his talks since he can remember - it's always one of the highlights of his trip. We're scheduled to go to WDW in July and he will be seriously bummed if Scoop's not playing pin games.

Any ideas? I know this happened one time a while back and somebody started writing letters to Disney administration, but I don't remember who it was. If anyone knows .... I'll be happy to write. Scoop is absolutely a family favorite with us .... one of few places at Disney where normal people (um, if pin traders can be called normal) can get direct interaction with the 'magic' of the kingdom!

So now with the demise of Scoop Sanderson's One 'O clock Pin Talks at Exposition Hall that leaves our beloved Main St. reporter back on his beat on Main St. Does anyone know or could find out Scoops appearance schedule. Maybe someone who's close to the parks or a person on vacation can do a little recon for us and ask Scoop himself what his days are. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Swamp Fox

Steve Soars does have days and times for Scoop on his site...go way down the page(and remember that this site is updated weekly for those that are not familar with it) http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

We played a Mystery Pin game with Scoop when we ran into him coming out of Uptown Jewelers.

agnes!

What does scoop look like? Where can i find him? I would love look for him on my upcoming trip!

It was so sad when we were there. They had one of the last official pin talks scheduled and canceled 10 minutes before it was to begin! Some of the people were so angry it scared the kids, which was aggravating, and they stormed the complaint desk across the plaza. It was like watching adults turn into immature brats instantly. We thought it was odd and went about our day. We were at DISNEY, after all, and thought that was pretty special in itself.:thumbsup2

It was so sad when we were there. They had one of the last official pin talks scheduled and canceled 10 minutes before it was to begin! Some of the people were so angry it scared the kids, which was aggravating, and they stormed the complaint desk across the plaza. It was like watching adults turn into immature brats instantly. We thought it was odd and went about our day. We were at DISNEY, after all, and thought that was pretty special in itself.:thumbsup2
Do some people have no life where they complain about Scoop's talks being cancelled even if it was at the last minute? When his talks were happening WDW always said they could be cancelled at anytime even if it's 10 minutes before it was going start. My guess is these people were not there for the talk but they were there hoping to get free pins from Scoop, however since his talk never happened that day they were not able to hoard some free pins.

This is only my opinion/experience - but - we did not enjoy Scoop's talk the one and only time we attended one. He mainly teased or yelled at the audience. Not my idea of fun. He gave pins to the 2 kids he called up on stage and there was no other trading. Maybe it was an off day but we would not go to another one of his talks, there is too much else to do.

Yes, that is the impression I got too! It was so ridiculous to see these people because they were certainly old enough to know better. Heck, I think 2 of them were over 65! They really were irate, too. Very unbecoming behavior. They all acted like he owed them something because they were there and I can recall my 8 year old asking me why they were so loud and angry. We have run into some doozies while pin trading, but I can not imagine acting like that.
Do some people have no life where they complain about Scoop's talks being cancelled even if it was at the last minute? When his talks were happening WDW always said they could be cancelled at anytime even if it's 10 minutes before it was going start. My guess is these people were not there for the talk but they were there hoping to get free pins from Scoop, however since his talk never happened that day they were not able to hoard some free pins.

Scoop himself is not gone from the Magic Kingdom. He is always going to be there because of his character. It's his pin talks that are gone and will no longer be happeing, because of the DVC and AAA info sessions. My guess is his talks are gone because they made no profits for WDW and they figure they will get profits with DVC and AAA hosting these info sessions instead.

Last I heard, pin trading (or more specifically pin sales) were one of Disney's most profitable ventures. Perhaps you are correct that Scoop's pin talks themselves could not translate directly to bottom line profitability, but I have to believe that his contribution to customer satisfaction should also have been figured into the decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter