Pin Trading in the disney stores

Hi there does any one know about the Pin signing events that have been mentioned recently on Twitter and Facebook by Disney Store?

The was this Tweet early March UK Pin collectors, sign up for our Disney Store emails to be the first to hear about an exclusive signing coming soon

Link

I can't get onto Facebook at work but there was more detail there.

Heard this, and I'm all signed up and waiting for info.

Also, there's a pin trading meet being planned by the Southampton Pin Traders facebook group at the Southampton store on the 3rd April (Easter Saturday). I'm hopefully heading there, as long as I get the day off work.

Well I'm signed up and following on Twitter :thumbsup2 It'd better be something good now :lmao:

Oooh! How exciting!! I loved trading in WDW. I must say I have actually traded in a UK store. A cast member was wearing a pin my mum fell in love with - Huge Pooh fan. So I brought a pin while instore and traded it with the cast member. :-)

Posted on Facebook

Join us at Disney Store, Milton Keynes for our first ever UK Pin Signing. Taking place on the launch day of the first Pin in our new Sword Series, the day will give you the opportunity to meet Disney artist Kim Raymond and be the first to see our new Sword Series of Pins! The Sword Series is a Limited Edition of 1250 made up of 6 Pins showing some of the greatest Disney Heroes and Heroines.

On the day we'll have a special Limited Edition Shield containing the complete Sword Series and an additional Completer Pin. Plus, Kim Raymond will be instore on the day to sign your Shield in person. There will only be 200 of this Shield and Completer Pin produced and they will be sold on a first come first served basis. Guests can begin to arrive at the store from 9am and will be given a wristband to hold their place in the queue.

There will also be an opportunity to trade Pins with your fellow collectors and some other surprises on the day!

We hope you can join us!

Sounds like a fab event :goodvibes Is anyone going?

Sounds good doesn't it, but it's a little too far for me to travel. I hope if it's a success, then they'll take it on the road :thumbsup2

We're not too far from MK - it would be good to know roughly how much it will cost though as I don't want to get there and find it's £50-£100 :scared1: I have to admit I had never heard of Kim Raymond but he has a website with some of his work and a short bio - very interesting. I think I'll start working on DH and convince him it's a rare oppertunity we should take :rolleyes1 it makes a change it's somewhere close by :thumbsup2

Milton Keynes is my local Disney store, but having looked at the pins they are not something that goes with what I collect. Great idea though, I would go if it was a theme I was interested in. The info said the pin set would cost £45.

Milton Keynes is my local Disney store, but having looked at the pins they are not something that goes with what I collect. Great idea though, I would go if it was a theme I was interested in. The info said the pin set would cost £45.

:scared1: Quite expensive then, I do love Sword in the Stone but it would cost a fair bit to get there too (I also wonder if I could use my DVC discount :rotfl:). I suspect there will be a few on E-bay, I wonder how much they will go for?

Hopefully they will do more of these around the country, it's a great way for the artists to get recognised.

The Shield and pins look nice, I will be going along with my £50 fro this and hopefuly swap some pins too.

Ordered mine off the site this morning :) (Along with too many pins off eBay)

I found out today that my local store only has four of the Earth Day Pin sets in stock and I already know that one CM there wants a set. So DW and I will be outside the store at 9am tomorrow in time for opening.

I really want the earth day pins, they're very cute! Seems like they'll go fast though! :goodvibes

I found out today that my local store only has four of the Earth Day Pin sets in stock and I already know that one CM there wants a set. So DW and I will be outside the store at 9am tomorrow in time for opening.

Each store only got 4 sets. In our store no CMs are allowed them this weekend because of that. HOWEVER, they are supposed to be sending more in next week. As I understand it, they didn't get them out to us on time for launch (concentrating on the Milton Keynes weekend event coming up I think) so they rushed out a few to each store but more will be coming (presumably next week). Can't 100% confirm that but it's what I heard. I've seen them and they're cute. All different. One has kinda a plastic bit on it - but that makes it sound horrid and it's not it's very sweet. We've also had a leaflet with pictures of the whole sword series - Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, Black Cauldron, Aladdin, Hercules, and Mulan. I REALLY like the look of them and want them all :rotfl:

Each store only got 4 sets. In our store no CMs are allowed them this weekend because of that. HOWEVER, they are supposed to be sending more in next week. As I understand it, they didn't get them out to us on time for launch (concentrating on the Milton Keynes weekend event coming up I think) so they rushed out a few to each store but more will be coming (presumably next week). Can't 100% confirm that but it's what I heard. I've seen them and they're cute. All different. One has kinda a plastic bit on it - but that makes it sound horrid and it's not it's very sweet. We've also had a leaflet with pictures of the whole sword series - Sleeping Beauty, Sword in the Stone, Black Cauldron, Aladdin, Hercules, and Mulan. I REALLY like the look of them and want them all :rotfl:

DW and I were outside the store before opening this morning. I now this sounds realy sad but DW had just finished a night shift and I went and collected her from work. We had breakfast in the hospital resturant and then poped over to the Disney Store in town to get The Earth Day Pins set. They are a lovey set and the free pin makes it good value for money.

Looking forward to Milton Keynes next weekend, the sword series looks fantastic.

I love the new earth day stuff - pins included.

If it wasn't for that the fact that I only collect Mickey and Minnie pins (apart from a few others for special occasions etc) then I'd be buying them :thumbsup2

I picked up the Mickey and Minnie Maypole dancing pin today though - I really like it :goodvibes

I was in the Milton Keynes store 1st thing this morning (not to buy pins for once, I was buying baby clothes for my new niece!) Anyway there was a lady in there at the same time who was carrying lanyards and a large pin folder, she commented that she was pleased she was the 1st person there for the pin event. Then the CM behind the counter pointed out that that was happening next weekend! I hope she hadn't travelled far.

UKstitch, I got the Minnie and Mickey Maypole pin last weekend too, I agree it is very cute.

I was in the Milton Keynes store 1st thing this morning (not to buy pins for once, I was buying baby clothes for my new niece!) Anyway there was a lady in there at the same time who was carrying lanyards and a large pin folder, she commented that she was pleased she was the 1st person there for the pin event. Then the CM behind the counter pointed out that that was happening next weekend! I hope she hadn't travelled far.

We were told that it was last saturday too and as there is no date on the flyer for the event I'm not surprised someone turned up. The only reason we got the actual date was by checking the FB page!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter