Pin Trading!

We are trading for the first time too. I got my kids zip pouch lanyards and 4 pins each to start with. ( + I got myself a lanyard to keep cards inand 4 pins) I just bought a lot on ebay and paid about $1.50 per pin and about $4 per lanyard and free shipping.

If you have a disney store nearby, they will sometimes have pin sets that you can buy...and sometimes those pins sets go on sale and you can get great deals.
I see you're in Mass too, so depending on where you are, there might be one worth checking out! also I hear there's going to be pin trading at the Burlington Mall on March 1st- the people there are very nice!!!

My daughter loved pin trading. I bought a bunch of pins on e-bay so we wouldn't be tempted to buy any. We only took "trader pins" each day and had her line her pins up in order of how much she liked each every night (which did change). She's been playing with them at home. It takes a bit for them to start looking for specific pins and get the hang of it.

...subscribing!
I would love to find a reputable site or ebayer to buy a starter "grab bag" to surprise DS with on the plane ride.
any suggestions?

Wow! thanks so much for everyone's help!!! Didn't expect such a great response! :goodvibes

This thread has gotten me REALLY psyched for pin trading. I'm going to buy August some pins on ebay from her favorite attractions just to surprise her on her birthday and get her into the idea of pin trading (I hope she doesn't come on the site and see this post!! :laughing: ). I know she'll love the idea. :thumbsup2

alyssa810 - I'm very close to the Burlington Mall! Is there some specific event at the Disney store there, like an annual thing???

I definitely need to make time to head over there on the first, thanks for the heads up! :yay:

Agh...

You all have me hooked on the pin trading now. First it was ADR's, second the resort choice, third touring plans. Now this???:rotfl2: I need help.

Dumb question -- would the grab bags of pins be new?

New, as in... new pins, still on the backings? no, they won't be new. They will be in very good condition, however, and will be perfectly fine for trading.

As for those who have reported that they are "catching the bug"... bwahahahaha! Welcome to the dark side! You don't see "addict" in my title for nothing. ;)

...subscribing!
I would love to find a reputable site or ebayer to buy a starter "grab bag" to surprise DS with on the plane ride.
any suggestions?

I bought from this seller on ebay(gotprewrap) <_ that is his seller ID search it , he has a store- they are a pin power seller

Got them in about a week ( free shipping) The pins are not "new" as they state they have been traded but all the ones I got look perfect IMO. No scrathes or chips and they all had the rubber mickey head shaped backs on them.

You don't get to pick what you get but I loved all the ones I rec'vd it was a good selection ( even got a 1995 Tinkerbell)

I got my lanyard/card holder from this seller (1mind1heart1soul )- also a power seller with a store.

So how many pins should each kid/person (as I see myself getting into this) start with when we arrive? I will buy them on ebay as it would kill me to see my child trade a new $15 pin for something not as "cool" in my eyes and I don't want to have my hands in on their trading. I want them to be able to enjoy this without inhibition. I would rather buy a bunch of cheap ones and not care. So how many should we each start with?

Yes, DL pins can be traded at WDW. I don't know of any reputable sellers on eBay, but they shoul dbe easy to find - check to see if they have a lot of positive feedback for selling pins. If you see more than one or two complaints, buyer beware!

As to how many to start with? That's a good question - it depends completely on you and your family. I plan to get at least a 100 pin grab bag for our trip this year - this gives 20 traders for each of us for a 10 day trip... which is a measly two pins per day. If I can justify it, I'll probably do 200 pins to take.

On our last trip, there were only four of us. We'd buy a 7 pin started set each day - the kids would each get two traders, and DW and I would take turns being the one who got 1 pin or 2 pins that day. However, we "cheated" several times and bought extra starter sets (use 1.5... even *2* per day).

But we spend a lot of time looking at pins. Others may not.

I personaly only trade with cm's. I will give a kid any pin they want off my lanyard for any pin they wish to give just cause I'm nice :) I do not trade with adults as I've had too many bad run ins. In fact I won't wear a pin that is a keeper for me anymore just for that reason. I've had adults get pissy I wouldn't trade my (xyz) le, hidden mickey pin for their common one. I hate walking away from a person feeling negative esp. in WDW.

Lucky me, I haven't really had anyone get mad with me. don't see why they would!

I proudly wear my keepers - a lot of the fun, to me, is looking at other people's pins and showing off my own. I've made a few trades with guests, but it's always been courteous.

I've turned down trade offers, and had my own turned down. :confused3 It's all part of it!

I have bought a lot of pins over the past couple of weeks and have had great luck with ebay sellers. If you want some names let me know.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a question about pin trading. My DD is still pretty young and so I'm just interested in getting a few pins for her to trade for fun. I have some pins from when I played Who Wants to be a Millionaire at DHS. They are just ones that have the monetary values that I won like $100, $200, etc. Can I trade those? Also if they are tradeable, what would the CM do with them later? I don't know how many people would want a pin that says $1000. So I don't want to cheat them out of a trade. Thanks for any help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter