Pineapple Madadamia Pancake recipe????

2xcited2slp

<font color=deeppink>One day~~the slipper will fit
I am having some friends over for breakfast and would love to try to duplicate Kona's Pineapple Macadamia Pancakes, as they are WDW fanatics too.

For all of the "chefs" out there, could you please help me pick this dish apart. I have looked here on DIS and allears for the recipe, but with no luck.

If I recall, the pancakes are basic. The macadamia nut butter would most likely be crushed macadamia nuts whipped in real butter. Do you think it is sweetened with anything?? Honey, etc.?? And finally, just crushed, drained pineapple?? Again, sweetened or not??

Any help anyone may lend will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sadly I've never had these but they sound incredible!! :teeth:

I've found that WDW does not skimp on eith er the sugar or fat in any of their recipes. ;) I'd guess that the nut butter does have honey in it. If you don't remember any other flavor to it, I'd leave it that way. But perhaps there might have been a touch of cinnamon? I remember having "Honey Butter" somewhere, but I know there was a touch of cinnamon in it as well.

I find pineapple packed in its own juice to be plenty sweet for my taste, but we don't use much sugar here as I'm diabetic. However, I highly doubt that WDW would serve plain pineapple over pancakes - in them perhaps, but not on them. At the very least they'd be using the kind packed in syrup I'd think. :confused3

I found this recipe for Pineapple "Syrup" (not a WDW recipe BTW), but I'd have thought to use brown sugar in it, not white.

PINEAPPLE SAUCE:

1 c. pineapple juice
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1/2 c. sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. sherry
1 tbsp. butter

Put juices in saucepan. Add sugar. Bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and sherry. Stir into sauce, until thick and clear. Stir in butter. Pour over pancakes.

For what it's worth, I noticed that in some of the macadamia nut pancake recipes online they recommend pouring the batter onto the griddle & not adding the fruit & nuts until just before you flip the pancake.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

If you ever want a different WDW recipe to try for breakfast I can heartily recommend the Wilderness Lodge French Toast!! (with blueberries in it - similar to Tonga Toast)

I did see a discussion about these pancakes when I Googled it and someone said "They're sweet and buttery and ever so slightly salty". Does that sound right to you? If so, make sure you use salted nuts for the butter.

Unfortunately, it was an old discussion & the photo links don't work anymore. :(

Thanks for your response, Deb. I'll be honest, I was surprised when I ordered them at how "basic" they were, but the flavors just melded together beautifully. Unfortunately, my mind is not working as it should :lmao: so I just can't recall what other flavors where in the butter and if the pineapple was sweetened or not. I do have a photo, however.:rotfl2:

IMG_0076MediumWebview.jpg

yum, huh??

maybe I'll have to do a trial run.;)

I think I'll post on the restaurant board to see if anyone recalls the flavors. Thanks again for your input.

Oh yum! They look absolutely scrumptious!! :teeth:

The pineapple looks a bit dark, doesn't it? I'm guessing that brown sugar may have been used to sweeten the pineapple, huh?

I agree - the restaurant board may be the place to get help since the recipe doesn't appear to be online. However, you might also consider contacting WDW directly for the recipe - for future reference. ;) They're usually very generous about sharing recipes. I don't have a contact for the Poly, but you can write to them at: https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/contact/contactUs

Let us know if you get it! :teeth:

Thanks for the link, Deb. I just e-mailed them. I'll see what they say and let you know.

Thanks again for your help.

I have just gone to WDW for the first time and I too have begun a quest to find this receipe? Did you ever have any luck?:flower3:

found this on allears...

Macadamia Pancakes with
Macadamia Nut Butter
Kona Cafe
Polynesian

Yield: 12 – 15 pancakes
Ingredients

Pancakes:

1-1/4 cups sugar

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1-1/2 cups milk

3 eggs

6 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Method

Sift flour into medium bowl

Add brown sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl.

Add eggs, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and beat until smooth.

If using an electric skillet pre-heat to 350 F; pre-heat griddle or skillet on medium until a few drops of water dance on the surface.

For each pancake pour 1/4-cup batter onto skillet and cook on first side until bubbles form and sides look dry, flip over and cook until golden brown

Top with your favorite syrup or macadamia nut butter (below).

Macadamia Nut Butter

One stick butter (at room temperature)

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup toasted Macadamia nuts

Method:

Combine butter, honey, and toasted Macadamias.

Use a spoonful to top pancakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter