Pirate Cruise

Trish5768

<font color=6600CC>Each food in its own time<br><f
Has anyone sent their children on the cruise and did they enjoy it?

Sent my then 5 year old son. He loved it!!!! (can't stress that enough!)

He talked about it all day and truely valued some of the "treasure" they found. - We couldn't get those plastic rings off his hand. He inventoried his stash several times daily during and after our vacation.

Not too expensive and worth it in my book.

- lori

Do you think a 3 1/2 year old would like the cruise and be able to enjoy it? My son loves the idea, and wants to join my 6 year old daughter.

Does the cruise start right from the GF and what is close enough to do during the cruise while the kids are out searching for treasure?

It truely depends on your 3 1/5 year old. If he understands that mommy and daddy are not going on the cruise and is totally OK with that, then go for it. He may be the independant type or be cool with it as long as the 6 year old goes.

DH and i caught a light breakfast at the little cafe directly behind the dock where the cruise departed then rented a mouse boat at the dock. We were back in plenty of time to see the cruise boat returning and hear the kids singing pirate songs. (how stinking cute!) The GF grounds are beautiful to stroll around as well.

- lori

I have booked this thanks to the positive review. My Mom and I are going to go to the spa and get a massage while the kids are on the cruise. The man I spoke with assured me we'd be done in time to get back to the kids before noon.

Trish - just noticing your location. I grew up just outside of Indiana! (the very small town of South Bend actually - no post office so we had a Shelocta address.)

such a small world (oops! sorry - now that song will be stuck in my head all day!!!)

- lori

Do you think a 3 1/2 year old would like the cruise and be able to enjoy it? My son loves the idea, and wants to join my 6 year old daughter.
My boys were the same ages (3 1/2 and 6) when they did the pirate cruise about three years ago. I was concerned that they (especially the younger one) might be a bit afraid at going off on a boat ride without mom or dad, but between the fact that they had each other, plus the fact that they had just put on their life vests and "cool" pirate bandanas, they were just fine. (The perky CM that was leading them didn't hurt either! :D ) When they came back they were all smiles. :earsboy:

As Lori stated, it depends on the child, but I think that having a sibling along makes for an ideal situation.

Hi Trish.. I'm sure your little guy will enjoy the cruise, especially with his sibling there - he won't feel scared or anything.

There were quite a few screaming children at the marina - not wanting to go - and a few embarrassed parents trying to convince them that they would have fun.

My daughter was 8 and had a great time although she felt the clues were geared towards the little ones (she said they were too easy).

The majority of the kids were 5/6 year old... she was one of the oldest.

THe snack was p&J sandwich, rice krispie treat, juice box, gummy worms and a whole bag of loot.

They also got pirate bandanas and a eye patch.

Hope this helps...

>>^..^<<

Lori

I work with several people from Shelocta-you're right, definately a small world. :)

Trish -

Just be careful. We booked this for our trip 2 years. It sounded great in all my planning. 4 cousins on pirate ship, 3 moms at spa, 3 happy husbands to be left alone and drink coffee. We got to GF and it was cancelled due to wind. The spa does not allow cancellations with 24hours. Result, 4 disappointed children, 3 unhappy and overwhelmed husbands, 3 guilty feeling moms at spa.

We did reshedule for later in the week and it was also cancelled due to weather.

I would also recommend in case of rain or wind, people may want to call first, they made no attempt to reach us and it added a lot of time getting their, dealing with disappoint kids and deflecting to new activity that all could have been avoided.

I understand mine is not the typical but very disappointing.

I was also surprised nothing was done to accomodate us. (We also ended up without Alice at Alice's Tea Party in the same week). The casts members we spoke basically told us nothing is ever guaranteed.

Good luck
Sandy

Never heard of this cruise for the kiddos, can someone give more information, like price, length of cruise and where to make reservations.

Thanks!:bounce:

My grandson went last year (8 years old). He seemed to like it, but had to hold a girls hand while off the boat (they make port stops). I asked him the other night if he wanted to do it again this summer and he said NO. He said it was too babyish and they make you hold hands the entire time and you didn't get to do anything. And I thought he had a good time. Oh well. I think it's better for a younger age group. He said he would rather swim with the sharks at TL. Just note, that if you child is an only child, they will be paired up with another child, not necessarily the same age or gender.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter