Pirates 2018 Refurbishment - News?

Nicolai

Earning My Ears
Hi all - new to the forum! Joined because I know there’s some super in-the-know folks here that might be able to help.

Long story short, heading to the Land in mid April, and would be shattered if Pirates is closed, since I am taking my father for his 71st birthday, and I have fond memories of riding that particular ride with him when I was only 5 (obviously long before Captain Sparrow). There’s been nothing stating even an estimated switchover schedule for the wench scene, except for one blog posted by an individual who apparently has the inside info at WDW for a late Feb through mid March refurb, which would be great!

Anyone have any thoughts or news? Might they be closing the CA and FL rides simultaneously? Thanks so much for any info. :-D

welcome.gif

It would be nice if Disney posted schedules for closures several months in advance.
The closer it gets to your travel dates the better for you that the ride will be open.

Good luck

Geemo

I know they announced the Pier changes back in November which gave people lots of time but when did they announce Dumbo and Splash? Do they tend to give like 6 weeks notice for planned refurbishments? I mean if something breaks, in which case it's not really a refurbishment as much as it's just a problem that has to be fixed, then they can't give any warning.

I know they announced the Pier changes back in November which gave people lots of time but when did they announce Dumbo and Splash? Do they tend to give like 6 weeks notice for planned refurbishments? I mean if something breaks, in which case it's not really a refurbishment as much as it's just a problem that has to be fixed, then they can't give any warning.
They don't announce projects that aren't major. Dumbo & splash aren't major changes despite going down for so long. Disneyland has no general timeline for which they tend to give a heads up about refurbs, it sucks in that aspect. Sometimes the rumor mills hint at refurbs before Disney announces them.

They don't announce projects that aren't major. Dumbo & splash aren't major changes despite going down for so long. Disneyland has no general timeline for which they tend to give a heads up about refurbs, it sucks in that aspect. Sometimes the rumor mills hint at refurbs before Disney announces them.

Yup. That is what I thought. They do not have to do anything - honestly they have so much demand and such little supply that they can write their own cheques really - I have explained this to my family - Disney doesn't care - because they don't have to care - you go when you go and you deal or you don't go and no one cares but you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter