Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales Catch All Thread

My thoughts after seeing this twice (opening night and with the D23 free movie coupon I got after the fact)...

1. This is probably within my top 3 favorite Pirates movies. I can't decide if it is my 2nd favorite after the first one, but I seemed to like the first 2 more than 3 and 4. So, right now, I'm putting 5 in the middle.
2. I laughed more in this film than any of the other ones I think. There were definitely some funny scenes.
3. I know some people are making the Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly thing didn't make sense and was short. Yes, there parts were very confusing, but Orlando Bloom made sense since we saw why Will Turner's son was trying to find that specific treasure. Also, their scenes might make a little more sense if people stayed until after the credits. I'm predicting they will be a big part of a 6th movie (if it is made) since the after credits scene kinda left a cliff-hanger. They had to introduce them in order for that scene to make sense.
4. I didn't like the whole "witch" aspect. I think they could have done a better job. However, the "close to dying" scene between Jack and the was absolutely hilarious!!!
5. About the compass, I don't know if "Jack" really gave it away in other films. I think it was taken from him, but he never truly gave it to someone. If he did give it to someone, it was for his own gain I think. Maybe that's how the curse wasn't broken?
6. Depp's acting was strange when he first started, but it got better.
7. I actually liked Henry's character the best.

Just some of my thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter