Pixar Preview?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
So I read something that said there will be a PREVIEW of Pixar Play Parade, PTN and Together Forever fireworks this Thursday, one day before the official start of Pixar Fest. Has anyone else heard about this? We were already planning on going that day so I'm pretty jazzed if it's true!

It's unofficial, but yes word has been spreading this morning that Thursday night the 'new' offerings will be soft opening.

I also noticed that guest control cut themselves some slack as it appears WoC will be going under refurb the same time that PTN comes back, so we'll have to wait a few weeks before we get to see how they manage running PTN and WOC on the same night lol.

So I read something that said there will be a PREVIEW of Pixar Play Parade, PTN and Together Forever fireworks this Thursday, one day before the official start of Pixar Fest. Has anyone else heard about this? We were already planning on going that day so I'm pretty jazzed if it's true!
I saw a post on Twitter about it.

Pixar parade at 5
Paint the night at 8:15
Together Forever 9:15

I think the fireworks might be later as RDCT is scheduled for that night at 9:15. I think they would have enough time to load in Together Forever and launch it after RDCT and be done by 10.

I saw a post on Twitter about it.

Pixar parade at 5
Paint the night at 8:15
Together Forever 9:15

I think the fireworks might be later as RDCT is scheduled for that night at 9:15. I think they would have enough time to load in Together Forever and launch it after RDCT and be done by 10.

TWO fireworks shows??? :rainbow:

I need to scope out a good spot for PTN. I want to be close to the park exit so we can head over to DL after the parade passes by.

While I think it would be cool, I kind of doubt they'd do two fireworks shows in one night. I don't think that 45 minutes is enough time to shoot one show, make sure the area is safe for the crew to get in, load another, go through the safety checks, and then finish the second show by 10:00 pm. So, I would guess that they're only going to do one of the two shows that night. That being said, if they do both, that would be awesome for those that are there!

I know for sure there’s a PTN preview on Thursday (from a performer).
Exciting!!!!!!!

Any tips on where to watch from? I’ve never seen PTN. I’d like to be somewhat close to Buena Vista Street so we can make a hasty retreat after the last float. Is it possible to sit around the fountain?

Exciting!!!!!!!

Any tips on where to watch from? I’ve never seen PTN. I’d like to be somewhat close to Buena Vista Street so we can make a hasty retreat after the last float. Is it possible to sit around the fountain?
This is what DCA’s parade route looks like. Ignore the notes written on the map they are from a prior parade.
DCA-parade.png

This is what DCA’s parade route looks like. Ignore the notes written on the map they are from a prior parade.
DCA-parade.png

Thank you so much for the parade route reminder! That's awesome!! Anyone have any idea how long the delay is if we decided to try for a spot closer to the end? Near Guardians? Is it like a 20-30 minute delay to get back there? Less or more? Thanks!!

Thank you so much for the parade route reminder! That's awesome!! Anyone have any idea how long the delay is if we decided to try for a spot closer to the end? Near Guardians? Is it like a 20-30 minute delay to get back there? Less or more? Thanks!!
It’s not clear which direction the parade is going to run but back when it was Pixar play parade it toook about 50 min from the start of the parade till the last float went in the end gate.

It’s not clear which direction the parade is going to run but back when it was Pixar play parade it toook about 50 min from the start of the parade till the last float went in the end gate.

I think if you ask that day a CM may be able to tell you which way they will run the parade. They ran it from the Tower to the Pier when there was only one parade in the past.

I think if you ask that day a CM may be able to tell you which way they will run the parade. They ran it from the Tower to the Pier when there was only one parade in the past.
And they were running it in the other direction at the end of Pixar play parade’s run in DCA on one parade days.

Highly doubt they will do both fireworks shows on Thursday night. This most likely means that the last opportunity to catch RDCT before Together Forever takes over will be tomorrow evening.

Highly doubt they will do both fireworks shows on Thursday night. This most likely means that the last opportunity to catch RDCT before Together Forever takes over will be tomorrow evening.
Yeah, I’m not so convinced on the fireworks side of things. I know quite a few people heading to the parks Thursday night to catch RDCT for the last time (for the time being)... I’m curious if the excitement of a “new” show will make up for the fact that they don’t get the one actually listed on the schedule if they actually do soft-open it? The parades are fine to simply add, but it’s a little weird to swap out the actual advertised fireworks show. But I agree that two shows seems unrealistic, logistically...

Of course, the fireworks could just get cancelled on Thursday, and then it won’t matter what they had planned!

Yeah, I’m not so convinced on the fireworks side of things. I know quite a few people heading to the parks Thursday night to catch RDCT for the last time (for the time being)... I’m curious if the excitement of a “new” show will make up for the fact that they don’t get the one actually listed on the schedule if they actually do soft-open it? The parades are fine to simply add, but it’s a little weird to swap out the actual advertised fireworks show. But I agree that two shows seems unrealistic, logistically...

Of course, the fireworks could just get cancelled on Thursday, and then it won’t matter what they had planned!
Yeah I agree. They already advertised Remember, they probably won’t add Together Forever.

I’m trying to remember back to the Disney Parks Blog previews from the 60th. I know they previewed Paint the Night and World of Color after the parks closed (on 2 different nights). Did they also preview Disneyland Forever?

Yeah I agree. They already advertised Remember, they probably won’t add Together Forever.

I’m trying to remember back to the Disney Parks Blog previews from the 60th. I know they previewed Paint the Night and World of Color after the parks closed (on 2 different nights). Did they also preview Disneyland Forever?
Yes. Disneyland closed early that night though.

Wow, that’s unexpected - three days early. I guess anyone still wanting to catch RDCT is just out of luck, then?

I don't think they follow the schedule to the book with fireworks with one-offs like these coming up. Didn't something similar happen during the Halloween season where the Halloween fireworks show was played instead of RDCT on a non-party night because the Halloween pyro was cancelled the night before and thus was still loaded? Anyways, I doubt they'll have a long line at City Hall with people complaining that they got to see the new fireworks show instead of the old one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter