Pixar Preview?

Wonder if weather was a factor? Looks like there might be some wind coming up in Anaheim over the next few nights, maybe they were hedging their bets of being able to run a full preview by running the show last night?

Found out that the plan was to soft-open TF from Tuesday onward, so looks like the last night for RDCT for the time being was this past Monday.

So they did the new pixar fireworks today at Disneyland it was really cute. also the merchandise is going quick. I nabbed 3 of those alien claw cups and they were sold out at both parks by the evening

The new Pixar fireworks show last night was amazing! I wish my phone wasn’t on 5% or I’d have great photos from it. No spoilers but I’ll say we were on Main Street and you miss nothing. Completely immersive. Loved it! Dying to share the few photos I did get but I won’t spoil it.

We’re here but it’s windy! So I’m not sure about fireworks, but we’re excited for Paint the Night!

We are here too! I think you’re right about fireworks unfortunately but can’t wait for PTN, neither of us have ever seen it before!
I’m expecting viewing to be limited for PTN tonight as the festival booths a sprinkled throughout what are normally viewing areas.

It’s not clear which direction the parade is going to run but back when it was Pixar play parade it toook about 50 min from the start of the parade till the last float went in the end gate.

DCA is designed to run a parade either direction at any time. It is a complete loop backstage to the parade show building so they could run two showings of the parade the same night the same direction if so desired unlike DL where the floats are trapped at one end of the park. They learned their lesson with the DL parade challenges when designing DCA layout.

Direction of PTN will be dictated by logistics and crow control.

DCA is designed to run a parade either direction at any time. It is a complete loop backstage to the parade show building so they could run two showings of the parade the same night the same direction if so desired unlike DL where the floats are trapped at one end of the park. They learned their lesson with the DL parade challenges when designing DCA layout.

Direction of PTN will be dictated by logistics and crow control.
Oh I know, I was just commenting that it’s unknown at this time because I’ve seen the parades run both ways on one time a day parades and it’s been a long time since a two parade run day at DCA.

I just talked to two CM who wouldn’t say that yes the parade is running tonight. They said they were told tomorrow. I was trying to find out what direction they thought it might start from. I’m going to ask around in Hollywood land.

I just talked to two CM who wouldn’t say that yes the parade is running tonight. They said they were told tomorrow. I was trying to find out what direction they thought it might start from. I’m going to ask around in Hollywood land.
The CMs may not know. Unless they are working as crowd control they probably won’t know. A lot of times CMs know less than guests about certain things.

Performer says leaving from the Pier. Of course, always subject to change or misinformation...

I did just hear an information desk CM kind of snap at a guest, “they can’t have a parade here tonight, the booths are still up,” so hopefully the performer is right and not the info desk plaid!

I doubt there will be a parade tonight. There isn't enough clearance with the food booths still there.

There will most definitely not be fireworks tonight. It's very windy now and expected to get worse tonight.

I just made a quick trip to the parks to use up the rest of my sip & savor tabs. I like the decorations I saw, especially in Downtown Disney. I went into Pizza Planet. The overlay is SUPER weak, and the new salads are TINY and look to be about 90% lettuce. Boo. The cheeseburger pizza looked absolutely vile.

I doubt there will be a parade tonight. There isn't enough clearance with the food booths still there.

There will most definitely not be fireworks tonight. It's very windy now and expected to get worse tonight.

I just made a quick trip to the parks to use up the rest of my sip & savor tabs. I like the decorations I saw, especially in Downtown Disney. I went into Pizza Planet. The overlay is SUPER weak, and the new salads are TINY and look to be about 90% lettuce. Boo. The cheeseburger pizza looked absolutely vile.
There is enough room for the parade to run, the issue is viewing areas. None of the food booths cross the line into where the parade passes.

There is enough room for the parade to run, the issue is viewing areas. None of the food booths cross the line into where the parade passes.

I meant for crowd control purposes. It's quite crowded today...there won't be enough viewing areas.

I meant for crowd control purposes. It's quite crowded today...there won't be enough viewing areas.
My guess is that viewing will be limited to certain areas and that the food booths are going to close probably 30-45 min at minimum before the parade is scheduled to run.

Performer says “LOL, well I’m performing in a parade today in less than six hours, soooo...”

Also there’s a group of suits in front of me near Grizzly about to go meet a bunch of media in an hour and talking about the media preview.

So, yeah. I vote parade happening.

Performer says “LOL, well I’m performing in a parade today in less than six hours, soooo...”

Also there’s a group of suits in front of me near Grizzly about to go meet a bunch of media in an hour and talking about the media preview.

So, yeah. I vote parade happening.
Thank you Skye! I’m hedging my bets! Thinking about trying to watch somewhere near Carthay Circle. It’s pretty busy today for a Thursday. Wonder if people are hear ahead of Pixar Fest this weekend or coming to use up their sip and savor tabs or maybe still spring break? I know at least one school district in San Diego is on spring break this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter