Pizza Planet

That would be cool.

Although why does the article writer feel he has to begin with "the notoriously bad counter service restaurant Pizza Port..."

Come on. It's fine. Dare I say, the salads are actually fantastic as are some of the pasta dishes. My kids prefer that pizza over the crappy individual pizzas available elsewhere in the park.

I hope it is true! And I also didn't agree with the negative slant of the article.

We have always enjoyed their chicken fusilli and Caesar salads, and their service has been similar to all the other QS restaurants we've been to. It is one of the only places we go to every visit.

I wonder if they are going to close it for awhile beforehand? We are there April 1-6 and we always eat there!

We go there every trip. My daughter loves the allergy pizza and my other kids are happy with regular pizza and mac & cheese. I think it's fine for what it is. It's not gourmet (thank goodness, then my kids wouldn't eat it), it's regular kid-friendly pizza. The park needs to have a pizza place like that.

I still find this announcement somewhat fishy. Has any official Disney outlet confirmed this? So far, I've only seen this report from WDWNT posted around. I would've figured we would've had an official announcement by now, especially considering that the (re)opening would be a few weeks from now.

... It's not gourmet (thank goodness, then my kids wouldn't eat it), it's regular kid-friendly pizza...
This was true for us! Once oldest discovered that he liked pizza, we ate at Pizza Port regularly. The made to order whole pizza was our go-to meal for years -- comfortingly familiar, non-gourmet, with the fusilli on the side for anyone who was still hungry after the pizza disappeared.

My boys were just commenting on why it is not Pizza Port yesterday. I will get to share this info today. Thank you!

Red Rocket's is perfectly fine pizza. In fact, it's much batter than any pizza you can get in all of WDW, except for at the Italy pavilion in Epcot, a non-Disney run restaurant. I too thought it was odd that the writer of the article saw fit to trash it. I mean, sure it's nothing special, but for quick service pizza, it's pretty good.

I hope it’s true & that it brings in a full overhaul of the menu adding quality items like the Red Rose Tavern overhaul did. The food (pizza 3 times, pasta twice & salad once) has been awful every single time I’ve been to Pizza Port. It reminds me of the free lunch food at my school cafeteria growing up that everyone hated even as kids. :(

We always go to Pizza Port on every visit. Our family enjoys the pizza and the garlic bread sticks with the marinara sauce. We also enjoy the salads there as well. Not to mention, it is a great place to go to cool off when the weather is hot! Everyone has different likes and dislikes and we are hoping they keep the same food and maybe offer a few more choices as well ::yes::

The pizza is controversial on different Disney boards. Some seem to like it and others so not. I find it ok. My kids love it and my wife hates it.

My kids just ate here yesterday. We got slices of pepperoni pizza JUST as they put out fresh ones and my husband and I were so jealous because it looked and smelled AMAZING. We ate later at Rancho del Zocalo, but my husband seriously said "go back in and get us a slice to share." I didn't do it, but I was tempted.

This change over must be super basic because they haven't done a thing in there yet and it is supposed to be done in 11 days?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter