~*~PJ Amanda and Jon 1/13/10~WP/Ohana/UK Lower ~DPS photos are in 2/9!!~

aduck126

DIS Veteran
Now that I finally have my date secured I can start one of these!

Now a little about us. Jon and I met at work. My dad was the boss at the place we both worked and after our first date he sat Jon down and told him he could either keep his job and stop dating me, or date me and quite. He turned in his 2 week notice the next day. :love: Incase you were wondering my dads motive I have conducted the following equasion that sums up everything. Only child (me)+ 1st real serious boyfriend (Jon)= freaked out, over protective, insane parents.

Skip ahead to 3 years later...
The place: Walt Disney World
The time: May 21st 2008

I knew that he was going to ask me because I saw the outline of a big square box in his pants. :rotfl:

We started the night off at Bistro de Paris. The food was AMAZING the waiter was super snobby. But we didn't let his crappy attitude ruin our night.
Plus a couple of glasses of wine had both chilled us out alot.:goodvibes: From Epcot Jon led me to the Magic Kingdom. I thought ohhhh he' going to do it in front of the castle!! But no, we hopped on a boat and went over to Fort Wilderness. When we arrived I discovered that there was a private carriage ride waiting for us! The lady first introduced us to the horse, his name was Prince Charming. Then we got in and she took us for a really nice and romantic ride all through the forrested area. Then all of a sudden she pulled up to a beach area where there was a giant clearing where we could see the castle perfectly across the lake. Then all of a sudden the fireworks started going off!!!! As we were watching them from inside the carriage a guy came around and handed me a pillow bouquet of white flowers with a glass slipper and tiara on top of it and said "My Lord, We have found the ladies slipper." It was the coolest thing ever! Then Jon led me off the carriage and got down on one knee with the fireworks going off in the background and asked me. It was the best night ever!

24172-R1-00-24A_001.jpg
This is us waiting for the boat ride. I guess Jon had told all the cast members running the docks about what was going to happen so by the time we got back they all like charged us asking "did she say yes?!" It was really sweet.

24172-R1-03-21A_004.jpg
The carriage

24172-R1-06-18A_007.jpg
right after he asked me

Seeing as we both love Disney, a Disney wedding seemed like the obvious choice. We are planning an escape wedding for January 13th 2010.

I just ordered these invites yesterday:
http://www.invitationconsultants.com/invitation.aspx?p_invitationitem=KP200DE
I thought 156.00 was a pretty good price. I searched all over Illinois with my mom the past couple of days and have found NOTHING Disney wedding related as far as invites go. We did make a stop at Gurnee Mills and I went into the disney outlet store, which was awesome. I got 2 beach towels and 2 disney shirts for my bridesmaids. I'm planning on giving them personalized tote bags full of vacation stuff :beach: and some jewelery.

I'm also almost done making T shirts for the bachlorette party :banana:
I'm making them for the moms and the bridesmaids. They each have their own disney princess on the front and their role for the wedding. Then the backs have quotes from my favorite disney songs.

Maid of honor: Tinkerbell on front "Like a bolt (actual lightening bolt drawn on) out of the blue. Fate steps in a sees you though" on back

Bridesmaid: Snow White on front "I want to walk like you (cheep) talk like you (cheep) too-oo-oo" on back

MIL: Ariel on front "We got no troubles Life is the bubbles, Under the sea" on back

Mine: Cinderella on front: BRIDE written on back because I did mine way before everyone elses so there is no room on mine for a song, its okay though

Moms: Belle on front: I have not done her back yet but I think it will say "If your stressed its fine dining I suggest. Be our guest"

I wanted to make shirts as a way to bring the in laws and my family together. I thinking people will be more likely to mingle and have fun if they have matching shirts on!

As for favors/center pieces I really want to order wanderfuls. They are cheap and really cute! I dont know all the logistics about who sets them up or if I can even bring them in so I'm waiting on ordering them for now.
http://www.wanderfuls.com/ here is their web site. I'm planning on ordering them empty and then filling them with the Disney wedding M&Ms.

I'm hoping to get Ohana and a dessert party at the French Island Arm booked. But I guess it is a 90 days before booking for both of those. I'm really stressing about that! :scared1:

More to come....

Oh I just posted on the other thread, lol. You guys are adorable and I love the invitations!
Yay for another Amanda!

haha! I know sorry, I realized I was in the wrong spot after I posted! Thanks!

Great start! What a romantic proposal!!!! You should post pics of the totes and shirts they sound great! I love the wanderfuls too- I have never heard of them before but they are super cute! We are also planning on Ohana's so I'm excited to hear how your experience goes. Are you going to set it up with group dining? Are you going to try to talk with someone at the restaurant in advance? I've seen lots of people have welcome dinners there but never an actual after wedding dinner. Congratulations can't wait to follow along!

I love your proposal story!!! Your DF really put some thought into that

Are you going to set it up with group dining? Are you going to try to talk with someone at the restaurant in advance? I've seen lots of people have welcome dinners there but never an actual after wedding dinner. Congratulations can't wait to follow along!

I was planning on waiting for the 90 day point. I was going to have my aunt book it for me because she is a FL resident and a passholder so I thought they would give her some special treatment but no luck there. As soon as she mentioned wedding they flipped out and sent her right back to the wedding 90 day standard. I guess she talked to the restaurant directly too and they told her to just go through the normal dining people as well. So I'm kind of stuck. I guess they told her though that on a week day in January they can almost guarantee they will have room for us. I was freaking out because my planner made it seem like it is going to be really hard trying to book a table for 25. She said that we might have to be spread at seperate tables throughout the restaurant. So thats why I was so worried, but I guess Ohana told my aunt that it should be fine.

Thanks everybody!!

I forgot to mention that one of the best parts was wearing the tiara throughout the parks the rest of the week. All the cast member bow to you as you walk by and say something like "your majesty" or "hello princess" ....It was so awesome!!!

here are some of the finished Tshirts

Bride.jpg

the front of mine

Backbride.jpg

the back

Nicole.jpg

front

Nback.jpg

back

MOG.jpg

front

MOBback.jpg

back

ering.jpg

my e ring. the picture quality is really bad. the camera is from like 1995

A102AQFUXXXXXXXX550LPWHXXHPBBMSMSHP.jpg

these are the wanderfuls that im probably going to order. these are our wedding colors. bright turquoise and bright pink.

I also DO NOT recommend getting those sparkly iron on lettering patches. Only half of the "bridesmaid" sparkles actually ironed on like they were supposed to. I then spent an hour meticulously trying to glue on these tiny little pieces.

Things are kind of stagnant right now. I started my diet yesterday. I do weight watchers. When I was in high school, about 5 years ago, I lost 60lbs by doing weight watchers. In those 4 years I have gained about 30 of it back:headache: but I'm planning on losing 20. Because at my skinniest I was a size 3 and was like microscopic. I want to retain some curves! I was thinking about doing updates on here about my weight loss just to keep me motivated. So here we go I'm divulging my real weight :scared1: Yesterday I was 169lbs. Today I am 166lbs! I seem to always drop the first 10 super fast. Then I hover around 155, it is really hard to get past that. But I'm determined!

I have been emailing Veronica from Beaute Speciale about hair and make up for the wedding. Just my mom and I are doing it. It will be a nice pre wedding bonding time for us.

My invitations come in tomorrow, I'm so excited!!!

I'm having some MAJOR bridesmaid drama. I asked about it on the normal wedding dis boards. There is a fight going on between who should be my maid of honor. I originally asked my cousin before finding out that my BF could go. Now she is pissed that she is not MOH. drama drama drama. Because she is married I made her Matron of Honor and my cousin is still Maid of Honor. My cousin was pretty upset but she can just deal with it. The thing is that i'm not even close to my cousin and she is not planning on doing a speech or any other of the MOH type things. And my BF is planning everyhting with me and going with me to buy stuff and really wants to be involved. So I don't know what else to do :confused3

I'm also STILL waiting on my wanderfuls catalogue. I emailed them again and requested a new one a couple days ago...hopefully it comes soon!

I just found your PJ - what a sweet proposal! Even though you knew it was going to happen it sounds like you were still pretty surprised which is great. DF got me the same flower pillow package - its still my favorite.

A groom on this board told me about wanderfuls and I loved them! But then another bride told me I can't use them for our DP at epcot because everything has to go through the florist. So just a friendly heads up if you were planning to use them for the french arm I would check with your planner first.

As for all of your maid and matron of honor stuff - that sucks and I am so sorry that its causing so much stress. I don't see why they have a problem with one being a maid and one being a matron? What difference does it really make. Anyhoo I wish I had some words of wisdom or some advice for you but I really can't think of anything helpful to say other than to keep your chin up. Hopefully it will just work itself out in time. I would like to give you some pixy dust - but I can't seem to find that little icon.

Anyhoo I can't wait to hear all of the details!

thanks bride-to-be! I'll definitely check on the wanderful situation. I'm not opposed to bringing them into Ohana for the dinner either. I know the contract says that you can bring your on decor you just have to let disney know and they will give you a time when you can bring it over and set it up. We shall see

Today I sent out the invites:thumbsup2

And I took advantage of great memorial day sales at bath and body works. I got each bridesmaid a pair of flip-flops, a travel lotion, and a travel hand sanitizer for only 20.00 total! I was pretty proud of myself.

Since my DF is away for the weekend at his brothers house in St. Louis I decided to put my dress on and have some fun. All the pics are taken with my MacBook built in camera so the quality isn't the best. And I have no make up on :scared:

DRESS FIRST :cool1:
Photo41.jpg

Photo45.jpg

my hands are behind my back because it is a corset back and I cant tie it myself so I'm just holding it closed :rotfl:

the corset is the same color as the sash in the front it kind of just goes around and then ties down the whole back. by the way, 200.00 Davids bridal! I must have tried on like 20 dresses and this one was by far my favorite. It also has a train in the back, and pearl/sparkly beading throughout. I love sparkles :goodvibes

Here is the veil. It has like stitch pattern beading all along the edges and then little beaded flowers spaced apart along the edges as well. It is fingertip length
Photo49.jpg

the head piece: pearls and swavorsky crystal
Photo47.jpg

Here are my shoes. I was having trouble finding shoes because I have size 11 wide feet. Being only 5'6'' it is kind of weird. Plus everything in that size is really ugly orthopedic looking old people shoes. So I got these on zappos.com and they are beautiful and fit great.
Photo51-1.jpg

Photo52.jpg

I was planning on waiting for the 90 day point. I was going to have my aunt book it for me because she is a FL resident and a passholder so I thought they would give her some special treatment but no luck there. As soon as she mentioned wedding they flipped out and sent her right back to the wedding 90 day standard. I guess she talked to the restaurant directly too and they told her to just go through the normal dining people as well. So I'm kind of stuck. I guess they told her though that on a week day in January they can almost guarantee they will have room for us. I was freaking out because my planner made it seem like it is going to be really hard trying to book a table for 25. She said that we might have to be spread at seperate tables throughout the restaurant. So thats why I was so worried, but I guess Ohana told my aunt that it should be fine.

I hear they usually seat large parties at one of the 2 long tables right in front of the grill but I think you have to have either the first or the last seating which I believe is 5:00 or 9:30. I'm glad you're weddings before mine so I can follow along and learn from how things go for you;) Keep me updated!

P.S. Love the shoes! I have a friend who is 5'4" with size 10 feet so from watching her I know it can be a challenge to find cute shoes that look good on your feet!

I hear they usually seat large parties at one of the 2 long tables right in front of the grill but I think you have to have either the first or the last seating which I believe is 5:00 or 9:30.

P.S. Love the shoes! I have a friend who is 5'4" with size 10 feet so from watching her I know it can be a challenge to find cute shoes that look good on your feet!

Yah, I'm hoping for the 5:00 seating that would work out perfectly.

Thanks!

Today we are mailing out our contract and paying off almost the whole wedding right away. :banana:

We also got our little Disney welcome package in the mail! You know, the one with the maps and park info and this time HONEYMOON STUFF! I registered online for it immediately. Well I should say that I started the account but I dont really know what to register for. I would rather just have cash than a bunch of money on a disney gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter