PJ & TR: Claire & Mike - WP/KWR/SCP - 30 Dec 09 - **Inside Disney Weddings Podcast**

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
Hello Everyone! I am finally starting my PJ, I have been posting on the boards for a while now finding out information and getting ideas.

So who we are, I'm Claire, 27 and DF is Mike 27 in a couple of weeks, this is us:
mepiglet.jpg
mikemk.jpg

We met way back in September 2000 at University in our second year. We were in the same year and doing the same course but were in different groups so only had lectures together so we'd seen each other about but had never spoken. I did however know his best friend Russ, and on my first day back I said to him "Russ do you know any nice boys?" or something to that affect, to which he replied, "Mike! Mike's nice, no wait Ben". That night I big group of us went out, Mike and I got drunk and that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship...

Nearly 8 years on we live in a flat we bought together nearly 4 years ago and have recently put it up for sale as we've spotted a house we want to buy, fingers crossed our flat sells soon. We always new we'd get married it was more a case of when we got round to it and could afford it but he always promised it would be before I was 30.

The Disney Wedding idea came about last year, previously I'd always wanted a big white wedding in a church, my Dad is Catholic (no one else is) and I class myself as one as well but haven't been to mass since I was 18, but I always wanted to marry in my childhood church which is very near my Dads house (my parents are divorced and my Mum remarried). For some reason my Mum and I were talking about it and I mentioned wanting my Wedding at that church and my Mum was really upset, she wanted me to get married from her house. Now I totally believe in the its your wedding, not your parents, do what you want theory, but I realised this must really be a big issue for my Mum as she is totally laidback about these things normally she is also a firm believer in its your life do what you want not what other people want theory. I began to think about the wedding more seriously and realised it might turn into a bit of a nightmare rather than a Fairytale. The location would be a big issue, my parents live in the north west of England, Mike's in the south east, and we live in the centre in the south, and everyone we know is spread all over but mainly in the south, but tradition states you get married from where the bride was born. To cut a long story short I decided that I no longer wanted this sort of wedding as the idea of a Disney Wedding had found its way in. At first DF was not convinced then on holiday last year we were walking along the Poly beach at night and I pointed out Sunset Pointe and he agreed that it would be a beautiful place to get married. Once home I showed him some more info and the deal was sealed.

We began to talk about dates and I said I like it to be a Christmas. Dec 2010 would be after i'm 30, Dec 2008 to soon, Dec 2009 seemed perfect, the date was set as December 30th 2009 hopefully flying out on the 26th. Still no proposal though from Mike. I continued to find out useful info and wrote a rough budget. I sounded my Mum out on the idea and she thought it was a great idea phew!

Now all I needed was a ring and a man on bended knee..

Last week we made our first visit to DLRP and to Paris as a couple and I hoped that this might be the moment. All week I was on tenderhooks, arguing with myself in my head, he will do it, he won't do it. We kept sitting in romantic spots and he'd be saying these lovely things and then "so shall we go then" until our final day dawned, Friday 4th July, and we headed into Disneyland one last time bright and early and headed straight for the castle where we'd planned to take some photos. We looked around then went out onto the balconey were the idea was that Mike would go out and take my photo from the ground. So I say to him, "are you going down to take my photo?" to which he replies "in a minute", well I thought to myself there isn't anything out here to do, then I knew this was the moment...

He paced up and down a bit and put our backpack down as I walked over to him. He put his arm around me and said "and now I need to talk..." the rest is a bit of a blur but he got down on one knee and produced a ring from his pocket, I just nodded as he slipped it on my finger as tears ran down my face (partly from relief I think) and then we hugged.

This is my ring:
DLRP2008259.jpg

And the spot of the proposal:
DLRP2008086.jpg
DLRP2008085.jpg

Next up The Plan...

Yey Claire! :cool1: Congratulations!

Can't wait to hear about your plans after you've spent so much time reading mine!

We loved Sunset Point too, but there's just a couple too many of us for this location....

Yey Claire! :cool1: Congratulations!

Can't wait to hear about your plans after you've spent so much time reading mine!

We loved Sunset Point too, but there's just a couple too many of us for this location....

Thanks! Off to steal some photos from your PJ in a minute.

The Day

We hope to secure the 2.30pm slot at Sunset Pointe
sunsetpointe.jpg

Move on to dinner at Citricos Chefs Domain:
chefdomain.jpg

And end with a firework cruise on the Grand 1:
grand1.jpg

The Look

As I am very top heavy I am limited by what style dress I can have, no strapless, backless or halternecks for me sadly so I am going to look for something along these lines:
Weddingdress.jpg

For my hair I think I will go for something like this:
hair.jpg

Can't decide at the moment on whether I want a tiara or not.

I'll be having a dark red/burgandy colour scheme so my flowers will be something like this:
flowers.jpg

And for my bridesmaid:
wand.jpg

Up next the guests...

Yayyy!! The proposal happened!!!

You could have found a photo of me without a drink in my hand!! :lmao:

Your colours are gorgeous.... but i'm biased... I wonder why!

Oh, and what size is your Bridesmaid?! I have a brand new, never worn size 10 Forever Yours 2 piece beautiful bridesmaid dress sitting upstairs in my spare room which is about the same colour as hubby and sons neck scrunchie things! Free to a good home, because I'm too lazy to shove it on ebay!

Stupid work PC won't let me see your piccies :badpc: which is mega annoying coz I know we have similar colours / times / locations going on, so I want to see the pretty things nooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww!
Will have to catch up with those when I get home, grrrr......

Yayyy!! The proposal happened!!!
I think I might have had a nervous breakdown if he hadn't done it in Paris

You could have found a photo of me without a drink in my hand!! :lmao:
:rotfl:

Oh, and what size is your Bridesmaid?! I have a brand new, never worn size 10 Forever Yours 2 piece beautiful bridesmaid dress sitting upstairs in my spare room which is about the same colour as hubby and sons neck scrunchie things! Free to a good home, because I'm too lazy to shove it on ebay!

Wow that would be soooo fabulous and kind, I think she is a size 8/10 :hug:

I'm glad you found my PJ, lots of my ideas came from you :worship: so thank you.

Stupid work PC won't let me see your piccies :badpc: which is mega annoying coz I know we have similar colours / times / locations going on, so I want to see the pretty things nooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww!
Will have to catch up with those when I get home, grrrr......

Half the photos I stole off you!

I think I might have had a nervous breakdown if he hadn't done it in Paris

:rotfl:

Wow that would be soooo fabulous and kind, I think she is a size 8/10 :hug:

I'm glad you found my PJ, lots of my ideas came from you :worship: so thank you.

73106.jpg

It actually looks a bit darker than it does in that photo. Its driving me mad sitting upstairs collecting dust!

You will love the sunset point location! It is absolutely magical to get married there!!!

We will only be inviting 8 people as thats the limit for Sunset Pointe but it also is the perfect number for us.

Guest List:

Mum and Step-Dad - don't know we are engaged yet but are expecting it and know the Disney plan which they think is a great idea

Dad - has no idea, is not likely to be happy about getting married at Disney, I am anticipating a big arguement

DFs Mum, Dad and brother - have been told we are engaged but don't know about disney yet, his parents are not likely to be happy about the plan but there won't be an arguement, Mike's not sure if his brother will come coz of the cost

Best Man and Bridesmaid - are best friends are a couple as well, they don't know we are engaged yet but we had told them that we wanted to get married in Disney and they said they would save up and come but I worry that the cost will be too much for them

I will keep you updated as we tell people.

Up next what I've done so far...

Booked Randy Chapman for the photography :yay: :yay: :yay: to do the wedding and firework cruise.

Plus I've bought a few bits from eBay as I've spotted them.

A cake slice and knife:
Cutter1.jpg
Cutter2.jpg

A pair of champagne glasses:
champagne.jpg

And some wedding minne ears with veil:
earsveil.jpg

when I've told my Mum a week on Friday I will begin to look for The Dress.

I hope everyone comes through for you and decides to come / can make it.

Looking forward to hearing how the dress shopping goes...

Sounds like your plans are coming together Claire, I can't wait to see The Dress :goodvibes I always thought i'd like a small wedding too: It'll probably be WDW or Vegas for us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter