PJs on at 3PM

That's right. I got all dressed up for work-cute skirt, boots, and top. Full makeup, and jewelry. It's 3PM and I am home. I put my PJs on because I am not going anywhere else today. Am I the only one, or do you stay in your work clothes all day if you work outside the home? If you SAH or work from home, do you get dressed up every day?

I did not make a poll but am just wondering if there are a bunch of yoga pants/pajama-wearing people on Disboards.
When I was working, I'd generally stay in my "work clothes" until bedtime. Of course I never wore clothes that were uncomfortable to wear all day, or that needed special care to keep looking nice. That said one day a week (I had variable days off) I would wear my pjs all day.

Now that I'm retired, I do dress every day. Mostly because I never know when my husband will want to "just run out and get XXXX" and I always go along.

No. If at home I will wear sweats or shorts (if summer) and a t-shirt.

I don't wear pjs during the day.
I view them as in
Sometimes I’m in my pj’s all day. Although my pj’s are actually pj bottoms and a t-shirt.
Yes, I often wear sweats or yoga pants as my "pjs," too. I think the difference is that I'd go to the gym in sweats or yoga pants, but won't go in public in my PJs. My boys are in high school and a lot of their friends wear PJs to school.

It is interesting to see how many people took it literally (actual pjs) vs sweats/yoga pants, but I don't feel like editing the post for a light fluff thread. :)

The other evening my sister took me out to dinner for my upcoming birthday. We went to a nice place, not a formal restaurant but one step up from say, Olive Garden. Most of the women, including me, were wearing jeans and a nice top. We got in line for the salad bar and noticed a woman a few people in front of us wearing (and I swear I am not exaggerating) pajamas, a pink robe, and a pair of slippers. She looked as if she'd just rolled out of bed and decided to go out. Now, I am extremely casual in that I'll wear sweatpants to go grocery shopping and most other places, but this was weird.

The other evening my sister took me out to dinner for my upcoming birthday. We went to a nice place, not a formal restaurant but one step up from say, Olive Garden. Most of the women, including me, were wearing jeans and a nice top. We got in line for the salad bar and noticed a woman a few people in front of us wearing (and I swear I am not exaggerating) pajamas, a pink robe, and a pair of slippers. She looked as if she'd just rolled out of bed and decided to go out. Now, I am extremely casual in that I'll wear sweatpants to go grocery shopping and most other places, but this was weird.

That is weird.

That is weird.

Ive seen this in Dublin. While its not a normal thing, I have been in a supermarket and seen someone in a dressing gown and slippers. In 2010 there was a film called Pyjama Girls about teen age girls in a part of Dublin who wore pjs as streetwear.

Ive seen this in Dublin. While its not a normal thing, I have been in a supermarket and seen someone in a dressing gown and slippers. In 2010 there was a film called Pyjama Girls about teen age girls in a part of Dublin who wore pjs as streetwear.
I've seen plenty of people in the supermarket in pjs. It's common in my area, too. I've never seen it on the scale of this lady, though.

I usually stay in my work clothes until I’m ready to go to bed (unless I go to the gym after work). I don’t put my PJs on until I’m brushing my teeth and washing my face for bed. My work clothes are usually khakis and some type of sweater type shirt so nothing too dressy. On non-work days I’m usually showered and dressed as soon as I get out of bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter