Places to eat at DLP

Louise-Montreal

<font color=CC99CC>Vous parlez Francais, Tag Fairy
Will be there July 1-3 staying at Newport. Where are some good places to eat in the park and at the hotels? What is included in your "free" breakfast at the hotel?

Thanks,
Louise

I haven't stayed at the Newport but both th eSequioa and New York offered similar breakfasts so I'd guess the Newport is going to be similar. It was a "continental style" buffet. This was cereal, pastries, rolls, cheese, ham boiled eggs, toast butter and jams orange juice tea coffee and hot chocolate. For a supliment they would bring you sausage and bacon but to be honest what was offered was more than enough and a pretty good quality.

In the parks I thought the restaurant in the Pirates of the Carribbean was the nicest "full service" restaurant. The food was very good and it's a nice setting ( similar to Mexico in epvcot where you can see the boatride as people float past). You need to book a table, preferably before you arrive, as the choices are fairly limitted for eating. The food in the hotel (Sequioa) restaurants was pretty good from what I saw, although a little dissapointingly the influences were more "American" than French in style of food.

Yes, the breakfast at the Newport Bay Club is as Vernon described: very filling! The breakfast service can be quite hectic given the size of thehotel (the largest in Europe, apparently) and the space available in the two restaurants. It is a good idea to book a time slot for breakfast, avoiding the queues that can build up. Do this at the concierge desk in the hotel's reception. We normally book a time slot when we arrive for every breakfast we plan at the hotel, not just for the following day.

The Blue Lagoon restaurant is actually part of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and has wonderful, wonderful themeing. I really like it there, although the food is not to everyone's tastes: mainly fish/seafood with a caribbean twist (and 'nouvelle' portions to boot). The food at Walt's is probably the best of the full-service restaurants in the park, although I'm keen on the Silver Spur Steakhouse as well. For a real treat try the California Grill in the Disneyland Hotel. This is the best restaurant at DLP, and I've read some people comment that it is the best Disney restaurant anywhere in the Disney empire.

For regular budgets we often eat at Anette's Diner in Disney Village. This is just a couple of minutes walk from both the parks at DLP, and does a good range of burgers, chicken and salads (plus some nice desserts). Prices are reasonable, and it can be quieter than some of the restaurants in the park. We find it is a good idea to eat early or late as the queues for all the food outlets can get a bit grim.

Regards

Rob

In Disney Village we've eaten a couple of times at Planet Hollywood & its always been a nice meal. I think they may have a Rainforest Cafe now, always popular if taking children. There is a Macdonalds too in the village. Not very exciting but always handy if you want something very quickly.

In the park (haven't visited the Studios yet) we usually eat lunch at Cafe Hyperion in Discoveryland. This is counter service only with burgers chips etc which are much like Macdonalds but there is also a counter serving sandwhiches & salads. We eat here as you can combine eating with watching a show , at the moment I think its Mulan but am not 100% sure.

Also Resaurant Hakuna Matata in Adventure land serves good , counter food.

Don't recommend Pizzeria Bella Notte or Buzz Lightyears Pizza Planet we've had terrible pizza in both!!!!!!

Pizza Planet is a very good place to meet characters from Toy Story so maybe go in for a drink.

Hope these are of help.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

As soon as you check in at the Newport Bay, cross to the Concierge and book all your breakfasts - this is essential! Go for an earlier time slot if you can get it. We enjoyed the breakfast there - you help yourself and can have as much as you want.
One morning we ate in a conference hall ( I think it was a Saturday), and we weren't so impressed with this as there was a bit of a wait before they opened it but we enjoyed eating in the restaurant.
We had a very enjoyable dinner at the Newport in the Yacht Club restaurant, and we also ate in the Parkside Diner at the New York hotel - enjoyed that too. You can easily pop into any of these restaurants earlier to make a reservation.
There is a Rainforest Cafe there - they do a great Caesar Salad.
If you want to eat in any of the Disney Village restaurants, you need to do this before the park close - most people empty out of the park into the village!
I think the worst fastfood place I've eaten in inside the park was Buzz Lightyear's - it is very disorganised and chaotic. The pizza is nice at the Pizzeria Bella Notte and you can sit outside.

....... Disney Owl, I heard that Mulan was no longer there :( It was a fantastic show and in a great venue - we timed ourselves so we could sit at the front of one of the balcony tables with our meal and watch the show too!
I'd heard that the replacement show was nowhere near as good. Must check that out on the next visit.

Hi Shirley

We just got back and you're right, the new show is Minnie's Birthday Surprise. We caught the show just the once and was really dissapointed, just seams to be a rehash of old songs and failed to capture even my daughters imagination. Still the cartoons are still pretty good when the show finishes......

Mark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter