Places to eat for Budget Travellers

mystic_path

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering what places there are to eat at on the hotel strip outside of Disneyland.

I found this link
http://www.allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

I find that some places within the park are ok as its just me and my mum, and chances are good we will be sharing a plate of something at lunch, as we usually do on a daily basis anyway.

But after the park closes at 8pm when we are there, we want to go out for dinner. We dont want to pay over $15 a plate for a dinner. So which places do you recommend outside of Disneyland? Im kind of a budget traveller, so any tips would be very helpful. Thanks!

Awesome link!!!

I haven't really eaten much outside of the park - but one place that we absolutely fell in love with (that is not on your link) is White Water Snacks, inside the GCA. It is a small, out of the way place that sold some yummy hot sandwiches for a great price for disney food.

Mimi's Cafe is nearby DL, great food, good prices. If you travel a little ways to The Block outdoor mall there are some great restaurants there as well

Millie's is very yummy. We eat there everytime we visit Anaheim. They have reasonable prices with big portions.

We were at the DLH for 9 days while DD was in a dance competition/workshop and we didn't have a car. Needless to say we were quite tired of the food, but we did find that a pizza slice at Napolini's was large and fairly reasonable. (I don't like tomato sauce and it didn't have much.) My mom liked the hot dogs from Wetzel's Pretzels and the take out window at the Mexican food place (can't remember the name) was good. We also shared a sandwich one day from La Brea Bakery.

slp87 said:
We were at the DLH for 9 days while DD was in a dance competition/workshop and we didn't have a car. Needless to say we were quite tired of the food, but we did find that a pizza slice at Napolini's was large and fairly reasonable. (I don't like tomato sauce and it didn't have much.) My mom liked the hot dogs from Wetzel's Pretzels and the take out window at the Mexican food place (can't remember the name) was good. We also shared a sandwich one day from La Brea Bakery.

I was just going to suggest all of those! The take out window at Tortilla Joes in particular is very economical. I might also suggest Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian Hotel. And also, Rainforest Cafe has such HUGE portions you could totally share something. The awesome appetizer sampler and the China Island Chicken Salad are both under $15 and can be shared between two people. My husband and I always share when we go there and frequently don't even finish the thing we do share. You can make a ps there which cuts down on the wait.

IN-N-OUT is sooo good. We also like to eat at Marie Calendar's. Millie's is good and so is Tony Roma's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter