PlanDisney Panelist Search 2024 Applications Now Open

Well, I pressed submit after 1000 takes and overthinking each and every word! I tried to do a video with different clips, but it felt forced and wasn't me. So in the end, the video that won was done in one take and according to my husband, "is the most natural and not overly cheesy."

Let's hope it is what they are looking for!

I have a love/hate relationship with my video but decided to finally submit my application tonight. In typical fashion, half a second after submitting I immediately panicked that I somehow deleted my video while scrolling down, and then regretted how I'd worded a certain phrase in one of my written answers. I think I need to listen to "Let It Go" and get some sleep lol! Regardless, I'm relieved it's finally out of my hands and grateful to be back in the waiting room. Good luck to those who've already submitted, and pixie dust to those still working on their applications!

I just submitted mine last night! I feel really happy with my written responses. I feel like they represent me and my voice, and I took more care with them this year. Last year I went more with the "go with your gut" theory so I tried not to overthink it. But I mean - overthinking is what I do 😂 So this time I just let myself do my thing and I'm pretty sure my writing reflects that.

As for the video.... wellllllllll. I filmed with my two small kids in the house. It was not easy. Shockingly, I nailed it on one of the very first takes only to realize I never pushed record and after that it took me forever to get it right! And then when I finally did actually record a take that worked, I realized my hair looked weird. If I'd had more time I probably would have done it again but in the end I think I seem pretty natural, which is HARD for me, and was the main thing I wanted to focus on this year - last year I think I seemed really scripted and weather lady-ish. So it's nothing fancy, the only editing I did was to brighten up the lighting. I felt really intimated last year, seeing so many fancy videos with effects and editing, but I know next to nothing about video editing, creating reels, etc. So it's just me talking to the camera all in one take. I will say that I found I was more relaxed and natural sitting down vs. standing up, and that I think the VIBE of the video benefited from not trying to cram an insane amount of information into a one minute video.

I just submitted mine last night! I feel really happy with my written responses. I feel like they represent me and my voice, and I took more care with them this year. Last year I went more with the "go with your gut" theory so I tried not to overthink it. But I mean - overthinking is what I do 😂 So this time I just let myself do my thing and I'm pretty sure my writing reflects that.

As for the video.... wellllllllll. I filmed with my two small kids in the house. It was not easy. Shockingly, I nailed it on one of the very first takes only to realize I never pushed record and after that it took me forever to get it right! And then when I finally did actually record a take that worked, I realized my hair looked weird. If I'd had more time I probably would have done it again but in the end I think I seem pretty natural, which is HARD for me, and was the main thing I wanted to focus on this year - last year I think I seemed really scripted and weather lady-ish. So it's nothing fancy, the only editing I did was to brighten up the lighting. I felt really intimated last year, seeing so many fancy videos with effects and editing, but I know next to nothing about video editing, creating reels, etc. So it's just me talking to the camera all in one take. I will say that I found I was more relaxed and natural sitting down vs. standing up, and that I think the VIBE of the video benefited from not trying to cram an insane amount of information into a one minute video.
Yay!! I’m pulling for you!!! Also, if you’re who I think you may be from the Facebook groups, I saw your video last year. You were NOT weather lady-ish lol 😂 If you feel even better about it this time around then I bet it’s definitely GREAT! ❤️ I love your writing style, too!

You guys. That sinking moment when you realize you capitalized a word that shouldn’t have been capitalized.

Shaking it off and not letting it get me down. This Search is such a mystery, who knows what may happen, right? 😬 Regardless, I’m humbled to have even made it into R2, and I’m having such a great time thinking about answers and interacting with wonderful Hopefuls like y’all. It really does make the journey even more fun!

Last edited:
Yay!! I’m pulling for you!!! Also, if you’re who I think you may be from the Facebook groups, I saw your video last year. You were NOT weather lady-ish lol 😂 If you feel even better about it this time around then I bet it’s definitely GREAT! ❤️ I love your writing style, too!

OMG, you realize now I'm trying to put your face to your name right? LOL. I swear the best part of this is getting to go through the process and get to know other people who get it! It makes the whole thing so much fun.

And thanks for those kind words! I feel like these videos make me feel SO vulnerable. It just feels so awkward - and like... why is the sound of your own voice so much weirder on a recording??!

As for your capitalization, I know how you feel! Last year I realized after the fact that I wrote Main Street USA instead of Main Street, U.S.A. My anxiety over three dots and a comma was absolutely BEYOND 😂 This year I'm obsessing over whether I should have capitalized "The" in The Grand Floridian Spa. I did and I'm pretty sure that was right, but I feel like the nomenclature is sometimes inconsistent? Like, on planDisney they often refer to Animal Kingdom just as Disney's Animal Kingdom. But the WDW website has it listed as "Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park." And then I spent far too long trying to decide if it was more important to save those two words, or ensure I used the right nomenclature.

OMG, you realize now I'm trying to put your face to your name right? LOL. I swear the best part of this is getting to go through the process and get to know other people who get it! It makes the whole thing so much fun.

And thanks for those kind words! I feel like these videos make me feel SO vulnerable. It just feels so awkward - and like... why is the sound of your own voice so much weirder on a recording??!

As for your capitalization, I know how you feel! Last year I realized after the fact that I wrote Main Street USA instead of Main Street, U.S.A. My anxiety over three dots and a comma was absolutely BEYOND 😂 This year I'm obsessing over whether I should have capitalized "The" in The Grand Floridian Spa. I did and I'm pretty sure that was right, but I feel like the nomenclature is sometimes inconsistent? Like, on planDisney they often refer to Animal Kingdom just as Disney's Animal Kingdom. But the WDW website has it listed as "Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park." And then I spent far too long trying to decide if it was more important to save those two words, or ensure I used the right nomenclature.
Totally in the same boat. I was searching/double checking the WDW website so much that I actually caught a spelling error on it haha! My husband reminded me that my perfectionist tendencies can ramp up to my own detriment, so I really tried to avoid doing that (although I’m not sure I succeeded). I’m obsessive by nature, what can I say?

I’m just happy the wait will be less this time compared to after the first round. Not sure I could tough it out that long!

Totally in the same boat. I was searching/double checking the WDW website so much that I actually caught a spelling error on it haha! My husband reminded me that my perfectionist tendencies can ramp up to my own detriment, so I really tried to avoid doing that (although I’m not sure I succeeded). I’m obsessive by nature, what can I say?

I’m just happy the wait will be less this time compared to after the first round. Not sure I could tough it out that long!

I kind of like the waiting because it means I can still daydream 😂

Just submitted!! After 1.5 months of pouring so much energy into the R1 and R2 applications, it always feels a little strange to submit R2 and be suddenly done with all the writing and filming!

I definitely felt like my first R2 video a few years ago was very weather lady-ish 😂... same as you, it was the first time I ever filmed myself and I was really nervous. But I agree with @erinkristen04 that if your video is the one I'm thinking it was, you definteily didn't sound like a weather person! But I'm glad to hear you felt more relaxed about it this year! It's been cool to grow through the application process over the years!

Also, my hair also wasn't great in my video this year haha. It was just too humid and I didn't have a lot of time.

I remember finding at least one typo on the Disney web site during R1 when I was double checking nomenclature! I feel like we should get bonus points for finding those easter eggs hahaha.

Last edited:
Just submitted!! After 1.5 months of pouring so much energy into the R1 and R2 applications, it always feels a little strange to submit R2 and be suddenly done with all the writing and filming!
Yay!!! Welcome back to the waiting room! Oh my goodness, it didn’t even dawn on me that submission marked the end of all the writing and video prep. Now that you mention it, it definitely feels a bit strange (but in the best possible way haha)!

t's been cool to grow through the applciation process over the years!

Honestly this right here has been the coolest part of it for me. I absolutely noticed some changes in my approach this time. As far as planDisney, that could be for better or for worse 😂 but just on a personal growth level, I feel like I've gotten better at choosing my words carefully, gotten a little more comfortable being in front of the camera and just overall I feel a little more comfortable putting myself out there this way.

Checking in over here to wish everyone the best of luck as we all wait for round 3 emails! Sounds like most are also members of the FB group so hopefully I've wished you good luck over there, but for anyone I've missed.. so happy to be in the waiting room with you! Eeek, it's all just so fun and exciting!

Checking in over here to wish everyone the best of luck as we all wait for round 3 emails! Sounds like most are also members of the FB group so hopefully I've wished you good luck over there, but for anyone I've missed.. so happy to be in the waiting room with you! Eeek, it's all just so fun and exciting!
Yes, good luck!!! I love that so many of us here are also in the FB groups! It’s insane to think some of our applications may have already been reviewed! Ahh!! Anybody have any fun distractions going on?

Last edited:
Yes, good luck!!! I love that so many of us here are also in the FB groups! It’s insane to think some of our applications may have already been reviewed! Ahh!! Anybody have any fun distractions going on?

I feel like I'm everywhere and anywhere I can talk about this thing 😂 It's such a BIG event for all of us who participate, but in my everyday life nobody really gets it except my husband.

I wonder EVERY DAY whose application they're looking at, whose video they're discussing. I wonder if they view EVERY video or if they narrow it down based on the written portion first and then only view the videos for those applicants. I wonder what the judging metrics are like, what they say about us.... LOL I know I'm nuts.

Luckily I've been REALLY busy this week. It's back-to-school in our house, so we've had that, plus activities at night, Back-to-School Night. We moved last year and recently started working on updating the paint/design to suit us better. I've had a paintbrush in my hand a lot this week.

Besides that, I got inspired last year after search season to start focusing more on my writing. It's something that gives me a sense of fulfillment that I don't get from my job (which is great in a lot of ways, but it's just not something I ever pictured myself doing). So I hemmed and hawed and finally bit the bullet over the summer and started doing some freelance work. I took on new client this week who threw a bit more at me than I was anticipating, and it's just been crazy hectic since. I'm looking forward to a little down time this weekend, but I've been so busy I haven't really had time to dwell or get anxious about Round 3.

I feel like I'm everywhere and anywhere I can talk about this thing 😂 It's such a BIG event for all of us who participate, but in my everyday life nobody really gets it except my husband.

I wonder EVERY DAY whose application they're looking at, whose video they're discussing. I wonder if they view EVERY video or if they narrow it down based on the written portion first and then only view the videos for those applicants. I wonder what the judging metrics are like, what they say about us.... LOL I know I'm nuts.

You guys are the only ones that really understand 😅. Like my mom and sister are super supportive, but in the end they don’t really understand why I want to essentially work for free so badly 😂.

I’m also SO curious how the application review process works! Oh to be a fly on the wall and get to peek behind the curtain! One of my friends is a current panelist and even they don’t know.

My guess is during R1 they split the thousands of applications between the team to review day and night, since there are so many. But R2, who knows! As you said, do they read the written portion first and then decide which videos to watch? Or do they look at the whole R2 package together at one time. Are they all having a viewing party together in a conference room? 😅

I also wonder how many R2 applicants they’re reviewing… I’ve seen people people say 200-500, but that’s total speculation.

You guys are the only ones that really understand 😅. Like my mom and sister are super supportive, but in the end they don’t really understand why I want to essentially work for free so badly 😂.

I’m also SO curious how the application review process works! Oh to be a fly on the wall and get to peek behind the curtain! One of my friends is a current panelist and even they don’t know.

My guess is during R1 they split the thousands of applications between the team to review day and night, since there are so many. But R2, who knows! As you said, do they read the written portion first and then decide which videos to watch? Or do they look at the whole R2 package together at one time. Are they all having a viewing party together in a conference room? 😅

I also wonder how many R2 applicants they’re reviewing… I’ve seen people people say 200-500, but that’s total speculation.

I'd like to know exactly how big the giant zit I had on filming day looks on screen 😂 Are we talking laptop-sized screen zit, or are we talking massive projector sized zit?

Besides that, I got inspired last year after search season to start focusing more on my writing.
I’d venture to guess most of us are wondering this (I know I do multiple times each day!). If you’re not repeatedly thinking about the selection committee, mystery review process, and hypothesizing about what they could be doing in that very moment, then did you even really apply?! 😂

I also love how you were inspired after last search season to do freelance writing!! It is definitely cool to see all the other wonderful things that come from this process (e.g., friendships, personal growth, etc.). It really is bigger than just the panel itself. Disney magic at its best!

Yeah my mom and husband pretend to understand, but they don’t. My dad… forget it lol. He doesn’t even try to pretend. I filmed at my parents and he just could not wrap his head around the fact I was putting so much effort into this for hopes at landing an unpaid position.

I, too, would love to be a fly on the wall! I don’t know why I’ve been operating under some unsubstantiated assumption that they would look at the entire R2 package as a whole, but it would also make complete sense if they bifurcated it. The more I go back and watch my video (I know, it’s like when you’re sick and people advise not to Google your symptoms but I can’t help myself haha), the more I pick up on robot-vibes so I’m hoping it’s not a preliminary decision based upon the video. 🫣

I, too, would love to be a fly on the wall! I don’t know why I’ve been operating under some unsubstantiated assumption that they would look at the entire R2 package as a whole, but it would also make complete sense if they bifurcated it. The more I go back and watch my video (I know, it’s like when you’re sick and people advise not to Google your symptoms but I can’t help myself haha), the more I pick up on robot-vibes so I’m hoping it’s not a preliminary decision based upon the video. 🫣

Obviously I have no idea, but I don’t think they make a preliminary decision solely based on the video. This is like 98% a writing gig. I’ve also seen amazing videos that didn’t make R3. So it’s all a mystery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter