"Planes" Preview July 27th --Anyone going?

lilpooh108

DIS Veteran
Are any other DVC'ers going to the Planes preview at DTD next week? I didn't see posts on the preview :)

Yes.

No one? Oh well :confused3 I was curious as to how many people there were going to be. Guess it's not too popular? :confused3

WE R GOING !!!:dance3: We got our email invite a few days ago and RSVP'd
quickly!! ;) We have been waiting for SOOO LONG to get some kind of perk through DVC or even as AP holders and then.....finally!! I was not chomping at the bit to see this movie BUT because we got an invite we're all in!!! Although it might not be very popular to attend at least there may be more seating for us!! :thumbsup2 I'm glad they do this for DVCer's just wish they would do more!!! :rolleyes1

WE R GOING !!!:dance3: We got our email invite a few days ago and RSVP'd
quickly!! ;) We have been waiting for SOOO LONG to get some kind of perk through DVC or even as AP holders and then.....finally!! I was not chomping at the bit to see this movie BUT because we got an invite we're all in!!! Although it might not be very popular to attend at least there may be more seating for us!! :thumbsup2 I'm glad they do this for DVCer's just wish they would do more!!! :rolleyes1

Exactly how we felt! We're not super excited about the movie itself, but it was nice to see something offered to DVC'ers that was actually totally free.

Yes, also going. ::yes:: I reserved for four people, unfortunately my BF's daughter and her two sons are not able to go, let me know if anyone is interested in the other 3 spots.

I can't wait to hear how it is. Someone report back, ok?

Just got back from the screening! Can only say that we enjoyed the movie very much!! :) (They asked us not to give to much away :rolleyes:)
More DVC members there than I thought there would be but no problems - CM's were all friendly & had a handle on things just fine!!! Everyone in our party received a little goodie bag with a coupon for 1 FREE small popcorn popcorn:: & 1 FREE small drink plus stuff promoting the movie! :3dglasses
We had a great time!! :cool1: I hope they have more special events for DVC members from now on!!! :yay:
Go see Planes when it officially comes out Aug. 9th!!! :thumbsup2 You'll like it!!!

We had so much fun! :yay:

It was pretty well organized and the line management was good. They did not allow cameras so we left our phones in the car and that sped up security check.

Like the prior poster said, everyone got a small goodie bag with free popcorn & a free drink which was a nice surprise. Members were divided up into separate groups/theaters based on when you arrived. The name check process was relatively painless. The goodies in the bag were Planes-themed tattoos and a small styrofoam plane.

A producer and an animator (I think) did a short introduction of the movie and gave some interesting insight into the production before the start. It was also really fun to see the Saving Mr. Banks trailer before the movie :wizard:

Personally, I enjoyed the plot of Planes much more than the plot of Cars. I thought it was well balanced with action and humor. The 3-D was used effectively (especially during the flight sequences) and the animation (as always) was great.

We ate at Earl of Sandwich afterwards and traded some pins at the store. The weather was great so we enjoyed sitting outside. I overheard some families actually going into the parks after.

Thanks DVC for a really fun morning! I hope you guys do more of these events since it makes the members feel appreciated. :thumbsup2

Hi lilpooh108 !!
Which theater did you sit at? We sat in the second and were the 2nd family in so we sat MID front (where you can kick your feet up on the bars w/no one in front of you) They had reserved seats next to us til start time only to see that a CM reserved for her family with a few to spare for others. Glad to know your thoughts of the movie!!! I definitely loved that it was well worthy of a 3D movie and not just some gimmick! I too hope we as DCV get to MORE of these events as well!!!

Hi lilpooh108 !!
Which theater did you sit at? We sat in the second and were the 2nd family in so we sat MID front (where you can kick your feet up on the bars w/no one in front of you) They had reserved seats next to us til start time only to see that a CM reserved for her family with a few to spare for others. Glad to know your thoughts of the movie!!! I definitely loved that it was well worthy of a 3D movie and not just some gimmick! I too hope we as DCV get to MORE of these events as well!!!

We had yellow wristbands, so we were in the last theater. We were one of the firsts to get into this particular theater so we had mid-section, 2nd row from the bars since the 1st was roped off.

How early did you get there to be 2nd family in? I think we arrived around 9:15 am and the line was already out the back door but it moved very quickly. We got seated around 9:30 and I had time to sneak out to Earl's for cookies :laughing:

BTW did anyone ask you for input? I thought they'd mentioned that they wanted input, but we didn't see anyone. In college when the producers did movie previews we'd have to take surveys after. Kinda thought it'd be the same type of thing.

We arrived about 8:40am and were told to go around the building. We waited in line another 15/20 minutes until they let people in & had our BLUE wrist bands placed on us WHILE we entered the building. About 2 families standing before us were the last group to get RED bands so they were LAST in the 1st theater while were in the NEXT group to wait for the 2nd theater! We also didn't have to bag our phones cuz we chose not to bring them which made our check in speedy THUS getting into the EMPTY theater!! No they didn't ask us for any input with a survey but only to let others know that you enjoyed it (which I really did) & NOT to give too many details away about the film until it hits nationally. FREE movie PLUS 3D glasses, FREE snack/drink & bonus time with producer and director = GREAT TIME !!!

We arrived about 8:40am and were told to go around the building. We waited in line another 15/20 minutes until they let people in & had our BLUE wrist bands placed on us WHILE we entered the building. About 2 families standing before us were the last group to get RED bands so they were LAST in the 1st theater while were in the NEXT group to wait for the 2nd theater! We also didn't have to bag our phones cuz we chose not to bring them which made our check in speedy THUS getting into the EMPTY theater!! No they didn't ask us for any input with a survey but only to let others know that you enjoyed it (which I really did) & NOT to give too many details away about the film until it hits nationally. FREE movie PLUS 3D glasses, FREE snack/drink & bonus time with producer and director = GREAT TIME !!!

Yup, I thought it was cool that the kids got to keep their 3D glasses. I can't believe no one else on the DIS is talking about this event. Oh well, more fun for us! :wizard:

Yup, I thought it was cool that the kids got to keep their 3D glasses. I can't believe no one else on the DIS is talking about this event. Oh well, more fun for us! :wizard:

I suspect because very few of us even knew about it or even have the membership to have done it. ;)

BUT I heard they are going to play it at D 23 which is the day it opens and I will be going to that, so will try and see it there now since people seemed to have liked it. I wasnt even going to bother before.

We attended the event as well. Everyone in our family really enjoyed the film . I must say I didn't have vey high expectations so it was much better than expected. We went o the Oz preview a few months ago too and this one seemed better organized and it was great having the director and producer come in for a little talk. My DS wants to be a filmmaker so he was thrilled to hear them talk about their experiences.

By the way we were in the blue theater as well but towards the front

We attended the event as well. Everyone in our family really enjoyed the film . I must say I didn't have vey high expectations so it was much better than expected. We went o the Oz preview a few months ago too and this one seemed better organized and it was great having the director and producer come in for a little talk. My DS wants to be a filmmaker so he was thrilled to hear them talk about their experiences.

By the way we were in the blue theater as well but towards the front

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter