Planet Hollywood or Hard Rock or Not

cool chris

cool days, cool times, coolchris
Hi all,

So we've been to both varieties in other places in the world is it worth going to the orlando ones or shall we stay away?

I hear that both in orlando are rather big which worries me that you will have to wait an eternity for your food, and then drill through the food because it is so cold?

so if you've been there let me know.

speak to you all soon.

cool chris

....... I have only been to the Planet Hollywood in Orlando and in DLP - I preferred the one in Orlando and liked the general atmosphere, but am not really that impressed with the food - it's okay, no more than that. By the way, it did indeed, in both places, arrive lukewarm!
Still haven't been to the Hard Rock - would love to but always eaten "on the hoof" at Universal to fit everything in!

Im with Shirley on the Planet Hollywood thing, ive only eaten at the DTD one and DLP and to be honest i would eat there again. I would go for a drink just to check out all the movie stuff but the food is overpriced and (sorry) not very nice.

I have eaten at the Hard Rock at Universal and I enjoyed it there alot, but that may have had something to do with the cocktails:D

Emma

Hi

We have eaten at 'Hard Rock' in Florida. We both really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We usually stop off for lunch and it is not busy :D

Kaylee

I've never eaten at PH (just popped in for a look around) as it gets poor reviews pretty much everywhere.

Hard Rock Cafe, however, is just superb and a 'must-do' for us each trip. The memorabilia on display is worth a visit in itself, but the food is very good of its ilk (burgers, sandwiches, salads) and we're always pleasantly surprised when the bill turns up. Eight of us had entrees and drinks last December for $100 including tax and tip (although that did include a 10% Annual Passholder discount).

Hi,

Just goes to prove everybody is different because I actually wasn't that impressed with 'hard Rock' but loved 'Planet Hollywood'.

So the only advise really is you'll have to try them both.

Whatever you decide im sure you'll have a great time.

Debs

Thumbs up for Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney We had a great meal there last year & it wasn't lukewarm at all. I know you pay a little more there than some other places but our kids 9, 11 & 15 loved the setting & atmosphere.

Sorry but haven't tried Hard Rock yet.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

I think that they are both really good. The food at hard rock may be slightly better. but I really like the atmosphere and theming at Planet Hollywood, and it looks amazing.

I think they are both reasonably priced in comparison to comparable places in the UK

I am sure that you would enjoy meals at both and I advise you to try them out

Helen

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester:

I've been to the Hard Rock at Universal - twice infact, so I guess that means I liked it :D It's a great place to grab some decent food outside of the main parks.

Planet Hollywood...well, I've heard just SO many people complain about the service at the DTD one that I've not tried it, nor do I feel particularly inclined to (But I daresay one day I still will as I prefer to judge for myself...just might take me a while, LOL)

Penny :D

I always go to PH and HR on our vists to Orlando, and enjoy them.

If I had to choose between the two I'd go for PH if only for the Bread and Butter pudding in white chocolate with a whiskey sauce (hmmm), plus the better atmosphere (IMHO).

Never had any problems with the quality of the food (bearing in mind they are upmarket burger bars), service in HR has always been 'OK' whilst in PH on one occasion it was excellent and the other it was very poor (so bad there was no tip left).

Cheers
Bilboo

If you go to www.hardrock.com you will find information about their PS system. I remember we booked this last year but never got there in the end as we had to cancel our trip. There is also something called 'All Access' which you can join which gets you certain advantages if I remember right - might be worth looking into! :D

We have eaten at both finding the atmosphere great as well as the food which came hot and reasonably priced. Both are on our itinery for next year.

In PH we can recommend the fahjitas. (oh and fudge brownie pudding).

I love both. Have eaten in many Planet Hollywood's but, love the great big ball in Downtown Disney the best.

Hard Rock Cafe is also the best one I have been in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter