• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning a trip for 2nd week of February 2017...

MNash87

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip back to WDW for Febraury 6-11, 2017. How are the crowds then? What about touring groups, school groups, etc.? Crowd levels according to Touringplans are pretty low. Although, I know that there are really no "low crowd" times anymore, which is unfortunate because we prefer low times as opposed to the busier times, and we never go during summer. We prefer fall and earlier in the year. We haven't been since 2012, and I know a lot has changed. Just curious as to your experiences during February, typically. Thanks in advance.

I think that should be a very good week. DH and I are going February 10-18, 2017. You won't be hitting the Mardi Gras Week and President's Day weekend, so it should be pretty nice for you. DH and I went during Mardi Gras week in 2013, and left the Friday before President's Day. Most of the week, the bigger attraction rides were maybe a 30 minute standby wait. Things like Pirates and Haunted Mansion were walk-on --- until Friday before President's Weekend, and that's when we left anyway.

We stayed at CBR then, as we're doing this time around. We had a good number of high school cheerleading groups at our resort, but I personally didn't find them to be obnoxious. I was a high school mascot myself, and so I rather enjoyed looking around the resort and seeing them practicing. In my experience, I didn't notice them in the parks, as they're on a schedule for competition.

Weather was very nice -- in the 70s -- the week we went, but I know it can be pretty chilly that time of year.

We are going Feb. 15 - 23rd, I know most NY/NJ schools have off Feb. 20 - 24th so you should be fine earlier in the month. I can't wait to go :)

We will be there 19-24 as our school is also closed for the week

We are going down 2/3 - 2/11. My DH has a convention and DD and I will be enjoying the parks while he is gone. She leaves a few days before us so I will be touring solo.

OP, we are going the same dates, but staying a little longer until the 16th. Never been in Feb. before, so am curious also. I think it will be fine with less crowds early in the month, at least I hope:) We will be beating the Marathon, and President's day holiday/week, so we should be good. Don't know what is closed down for refurb at that time, though? I dont' mind missing the Christmas/Halloween decorations of Oct, through December either. We've seen them numerous times. Looking forward to a different park with no holiday overlays.

It's been so back and forth on crowds and disney pumping in the discounts to fill the place that you can't really tell. this year that time frame was not less crowded than other times of years but then by end of feb it did drop down considerably until the start of june (with some minor exception weeks here and there).

In theory, if crowds are back to what they were pre-frozen years then yes it should be minimal crowds. plan for it to be really crowded and if it is, your ready for it. if it's not your delightfully surprised.

Epcot kiss in France 2015.jpg
Hubby and I spent a few days after our Cruise in Feb of 2015 and it was wonderful! A bit of a chill in the air, but perfect for walking around the parks! We only went to Epcot and it was not completely dead, but nothing like the Fall months when Food and Wine is going on. Perfect blue skies and sunshine and we really enjoyed our day. We had an early lunch at Via Napoli that was fantastic. We did take an afternoon break and then went back for evening and when the sun went down it was chilly! So I wore my leggings and had my cute scarf and denim jacket and was fine.:earboy2:
We had dinner at La Hacienda and requested a window view for Illuminations and it was fabulous! That dinner was fantastic!

It was Extra Magic evenings so after Illuminations we walked over to TT and walked right on. Getting pretty cold by then so we headed out! We loved early February! It was such a nice time! The resorts were not busy and Epcot was a delight! I would go again for sure at that time of year. I believe we were there Feb 8th and 9th.

I attached our picture from France! You can see no leaves on the pretty trees in February! So Florida has a bit of a season change too...Still loved it.

Enjoy!:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter