• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Planning for my parents without using separate MDE?

maramarrie

Mouseketeer
My parents are overwhelmed planning for Disney, and I have always made their plans in my own MDE account because we were always together on the same room reservations. This time, they have a separate room, but they have asked me to just plan it all for them. They don't want to have a MDE account and have to worry about planning anything.

Is there any reason to NOT link their reservation in MY own MDE alongside my reservation? The TA I used to get our room-only told me to make them use MDE and the link the two accounts as family, but I'm wondering why this step is necessary. I have booked them a resort reservation through my account before, and it shows up alongside mine, complete with their names in the "reservation made by:" line. If shipping address is the only issue (for magic bands), I'm not concerned about that. We live around the corner from each other.

For those who would say "just make them an account and manage it myself," why would this be a better option? I see that as further complicating things. Their profiles, tickets, and magic bands already exist in my account. I just need to know if it will mess something up if I link their resort stay in my account directly.

Thank you to any who can weigh in on this.

My parents are overwhelmed planning for Disney, and I have always made their plans in my own MDE account because we were always together on the same room reservations. This time, they have a separate room, but they have asked me to just plan it all for them. They don't want to have a MDE account and have to worry about planning anything.

Is there any reason to NOT link their reservation in MY own MDE alongside my reservation? The TA I used to get our room-only told me to make them use MDE and the link the two accounts as family, but I'm wondering why this step is necessary. I have booked them a resort reservation through my account before, and it shows up alongside mine, complete with their names in the "reservation made by:" line. If shipping address is the only issue (for magic bands), I'm not concerned about that. We live around the corner from each other.

For those who would say "just make them an account and manage it myself," why would this be a better option? I see that as further complicating things. Their profiles, tickets, and magic bands already exist in my account. I just need to know if it will mess something up if I link their resort stay in my account directly.

Just link their reservation to your MDX account because they already have Profiles in your account.

Just link their room in your account. We have two rooms in November and I put everything in my account so I can manage everything in one account.

The only issue I can see is if you guys were wanting to use mobile ordering or preorder at be our guest and want to use dining credits or separate billing. Other than that, there'd be no issue (you can still have different mailing addresses for magic bands etc) under same MDE account.

We've done multiple reservations under 1 MDE account many times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter