Planning is "almost" as much fun as the actual trip

Darren, when I first started reading your list I was thinking "2 t-shirts", is he mad :lmao::lmao:. Thank goodness you were buying more.

Great list.

Nicsjtp, you can also get the free Disney planning DVD from Disneyland.com.au. It's pretty old but we still love watching it, and it still makes me feel excited and cry ;)

xxx

Darren what is the ams discount card
Also is the Disney warehouse the same as the outlet store can you use your ap pass for discounts thanks
Also i have applied twice for the Disney dvd planning on the Aussie Disneyland site and still no dvd, Has anyone else had the same problem

Also is the Disney warehouse the same as the outlet store can you use your ap pass for discounts thanks
Also i have applied twice for the Disney dvd planning on the Aussie Disneyland site and still no dvd, Has anyone else had the same problem

1Rocky I have a spare Holiday Planning DVD if you want me to send it to you. It doesn't really have a lot of info on it, but is nice to watch and get excited. I didn't have any problem getting it from the aus disney site, came within a couple of weeks I think. Message me with your address and I can post to you.

AMS is a liquidation company that operate Disney Character Outlets
They are legit and sell authentic theme park merchandise Disney is clearing out. They however are NOT linked to Disney owned and run Outlets.
These are the AMS outlets
http://www.ams-liquidation.com/listings.aspx

You get the card after spending a certain amount. At the Pomona outlet we found LOTS of wonderful things at massive discounts and got the card by spending $250 which takes an additional % off the discounted prices.
They are very interesting in that the stock and prices vary from outlet to outlet and change weekly. One thing we saw for 29.95 at Pomona was 59.95 at the Fullerton one.

Just as Queenie82 has said we spent about $450 in our 2008 trip and the lady offered us the discount card it has a 5 year expiry date and our discount was 20% good savings

1rocky, in the coupon thread there is a link to some coupons on the Anaheim OC page. One of those coupons is a 10% off at Disney Character Warehouse.

We went last year and spent a small fortune in there. Got some really great bargains. DD2 got a pair of fur lined Mickey head Crocks for about $4 and a thick warm, satin lined, college style jacket with High School Musical embroidered on the back for about $11. DD1 ended up with a red East High cheerleader jacket for about $8. And that was just the beginning :lmao:

I would suggest a trip there for sure. And across the road is Ruby's diner, which is soooooo cool. It's like you are eating in Arnolds (is that what it's called?) from Happy Days. :thumbsup2

xxx

Hi all, just trying to finalize my ADRs at WDW. I have booked ADRs to coincide with the parks were doing on that day. Is that the norm? As we would probably want to go back to our resort (POR) to freshen up before dinner. We have booked late dinners mostly around 8ish. Im thinking I have to start all over!!:confused3 Do you need a full day at Animal Kingdom? I have two boys, 14 & 11, so im not sure they will be in to the whole animal thing! Do you think we need full days at the Water Parks? Im sure the weather will be quite warm when were there (sept 27 - oct 5).

Ms Shuttergirl I'm very impressed and very relieved to find someone as obssesive with the planning and preparation as me. I have been buying new toiletries, clothes, underwear (everyone's undies have a red blue and white colour theme LOL!!!), surprises for the kids etc.

Do you all buy new clothes before you go or wait and just shop when you get there????? I have this thing about taking nice new clothes too :confused3

Also Ms Shuttergirl I remember you bought stuff from Disney online. How long did the parcel take to arrive? DH and I had a little laptop shopping spree from the comfort of our bed last night. Must say after far too many wines probably bought far too much, but everything was so cheap. Just hoping it doesn't arrive when kiddos are around as you know they don't know yet :laughing:

Ms Shuttergirl I'm very impressed and very relieved to find someone as obssesive with the planning and preparation as me. I have been buying new toiletries, clothes, underwear (everyone's undies have a red blue and white colour theme LOL!!!), surprises for the kids etc.

Do you all buy new clothes before you go or wait and just shop when you get there????? I have this thing about taking nice new clothes too :confused3

Also Ms Shuttergirl I remember you bought stuff from Disney online. How long did the parcel take to arrive? DH and I had a little laptop shopping spree from the comfort of our bed last night. Must say after far too many wines probably bought far too much, but everything was so cheap. Just hoping it doesn't arrive when kiddos are around as you know they don't know yet :laughing:

I buy all new undies and socks. I buy myself some new tops and maybe a couple for the kids. DH intends on buying most of his stuff over there and we will do lots of shopping for the kids. I don't plan to buy clothes for myself, I hate clothing shopping at the best of times so cheap or not, I'm not spending my holiday doing it :lmao:.

I think the Disney stuff came within 1-2 weeks.

And I like the way you operate, I make most of my major decisions and purchases after too many champers :rotfl2::rotfl2::thumbsup2

:laughing: I wasn't going to admit this but I do often buy new clothes :rolleyes1

Although I do like to buy clothes away as many of the brands I like are much cheaper over in the US, but it's mainly tops or dresses that I buy and underwear.

I have just been and bought a few pairs of new shorts (knee length) for the trip and I do have a couple new tops to take along with me. I am glad that I am not the only one that shops for clothing before going away. Next is my DS, he is in great need of shorts for our trip, he has grown out of all his shorts and the ones in the US are usually a little short, he likes long shorts.

Oh, I just ordered the Disney Parks DVD's from Amazon :cool1: Can't wait for them to arrive.

Ms.Shuttergirl, you are a trend setter :rotfl: Everybody is going and ordering the Disney Parks DVD.

More exciting WDW planning completed today for me. Had the Dr fill in the medical insurance form, so now to fax it off the the TA and that is done. All that's left to do is change some more money, pack (the packing lists are done) and go :thumbsup2

Although still waiting on one lot of ETickets from Qantas for one of our flights, booked with frequent flyers 7 weeks ago and still haven't received it. Received the other flights ETickets one booked at the same time 6 weeks ago. Have called and they said it's in the computer, just have to wait for the computer to issue it :confused3:confused3:confused3 Ah it's a computer, how long does it take a machine to automatically send an email? :confused3
Still have 5 weeks I suppose but I wish it would hurry up! I will call again tomorrow but don't expect to get a different answer. Actually I'll call now :rotfl:

Aussietraveller,

I wouldn't stress too much if its an e-ticket you don't need any paperwork, just turn up with your ID. Just make sure you get a booking number just in case.

We too have just ordered the DVD. It should arrive just in time to watch before we leave in a months time.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Aussietraveller,

I wouldn't stress too much if its an e-ticket you don't need any paperwork, just turn up with your ID. Just make sure you get a booking number just in case.

We too have just ordered the DVD. It should arrive just in time to watch before we leave in a months time.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Just like to have everything in order. The eticket is just for one US flight, not the whole trip, I'm just impatient :rotfl:

Just had an email from Amazon, the DVD's have shipped, so they are on their way :woohoo:

That is wonderful about disney :thumbsup2
So glad you go treated well:goodvibes :hug:

Blooming expensive is one way of putting it :scared1::scared1: 9 hours was over $2000!! I think all they did was a CAT scan and fluids?? :confused3 Thank the lord for travel insurance!!!:rotfl2:
But yes a LOVELY hospital. And the paramedics (all 3 buses that arrived) were lovely too. :goodvibes
My mum must have sounded hysterical :lmao:
The bizarre part of a seizure like this is I felt nothing at the time...I have no recollection of convulsing...but my legs and arms were aching as if I had gone running. :confused:
We were staying offsite so no disney involvement. But the manager of the comfort suites was wonderful. (If you want a motel off site this is the place to stay.) We had to (well the family had to ;) ) send faxes and make calls ALL international back and forth to the travel insurance and we weren't charged a penny. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

The front desk gets notified when a 911 call is made so the night manager was there somewhere too. I don't remember much. I kept slumping back to sleep. The paramedic did a BP check as I was lying down then got me to sit up and stand up...and it dropped (as did I)! :rolleyes1 But I remember looking across the way and seeing 3 ambulances with flashing lights :lmao:

So kids....DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!!!
(and make sure you have you nice knickers and PJs on when you go to bed :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )

Oh you poor thing how horrible for you all. At least you know what an American hosptial looks like! I have always wanted to check one out being a registered nurse here in Australia, but not as a patient:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter