Planning our last Trip to WDW, and accessibility tips

RedSox68

Retired 2021 -- All the Time to Travel Now!
Hi -- I am planning what is most likely my last trip to WDW next year. After 6 trips to Disney over the years, with my husband now handicapped and in a wheelchair, we are hoping to make this the best trip ever.

So a few questions: we were thinking of renting a house nearby. Is there really any substantial benefit anymore to staying on site besides the convenience?

How much does it cost to park if staying off-site?

Haven't been there since 2014, so any recommendations for restaurants?

Do they still use magic bands and do you have to pre-book the rides?

And the big question: what is the least crowded month (by Disney standards) to go?

And any tips about maneuvering the parks with a wheelchair, or any other general tips will be most helpful. Thanks much.

Last edited:
Staying onsite: the only real benefit to staying onsite would not really affect your trip. It is the option to purchase ILL$ at 7AM but guessing the attractions it’s available for would not be your goal.

Parking is $30/day for the theme parks.

There are hundreds of options for dining. I would recommend checking the Restaurants board. We enjoy ‘Ohana and Topolino’s. Dining reservations can be made 60 days in advance and many fill very quickly. I guess another benefit to staying inside is you can book all of your dining reservations 60 days from your arrival day rather than booking day by day as each day if your visit reaches the 60 day mark.

Magic Bands are still in use. They are now up to version MB+. Ones from 2014 would still allow you into the parks but would not work for ride photos.

There really is not a ‘lower’ attendance month any longer. I would recommend considering late April/early May for weather and more reasonable crowds but you will find many different answers to this question.

Hope this helps.

Terrific information. Thanks. What is ILL$ at 7 a.m.

Terrific information. Thanks. What is ILL$ at 7 a.m.
ILL stands for “Individual Lightening Lane.” This is where you can buy faster accesss to the most popular rides.
Prices vary but in general run about $20 per person, PER RIDE. Ugh. The nickel & diming at WDW has unfortunately really been amped up since your last trip. 🙁

Last edited:

ILL stands for “Individual Lightening Lane.” This is where you can buy faster accesss to the most popular rides.
Prices vary but in general run about $20 per person, PER RIDE. Ugh. The nickel & dining at WDW has unfortunately really been amped up since your last trip. 🙁

UGH, that's discouraging! Guess I better start saving now. The rides we do (like Haunted Mansion and Magic Kingdom rides) probably won't require the lightening lane -- I hope.

UGH, that's discouraging! Guess I better start saving now. The rides we do (like Haunted Mansion and Magic Kingdom rides) probably won't require the lightening lane -- I hope.
I think Seven Dwarfs Mine Train & TRON are the only Magic Kingdom lightening lane rides. 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter