Plans for July 17th????

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
Does anyone know if anything special's planned for Disneyland's actual birthday on July 17th this year? I've read articles stating that May 5th is going to be a bigger celebration then the official birthday.

May 5th is the official kick-off at all Disney parks, not just DL.

July 17th -- there are PAID events going on July 15-17 (check 'em out at www.disneygallery.com) between $500 and $2,000 per person (I think). As for the "general public" I'm sure there will be "something" but no clue what it could be (besides the "joy" of spending a hot/humid So.Calif. day crammed like sardines into a theme park with a bazillion of your closest friends ;) )

Thanks for the response. I was originally going to go to Disneyland on it's official birthday, but I learned my lesson when I went there on the weekend during this past Christmas holiday. The park was so crowded there wasn't any room to walk comfortably at most times. I see that at least 14 hotels are booked solid for July 17th. I think I made a smart decision when I made my reservations for the week after. ::MinnieMo

ivanova said:
As for the "general public" I'm sure there will be "something" but no clue what it could be (besides the "joy" of spending a hot/humid So.Calif. day crammed like sardines into a theme park with a bazillion of your closest friends ;) )

:rotfl:

That's so true!! I usually tell people if they like to walk in a shuffle, then go on those busy days.

July 17th will be the "official" relaunch of Space Mountain, there will be some kind of thing for that.

They will have birthday cupcakes and probably hats too.

And the best part, you get to be there for the "real" BIG 5 - 0 !

disneychrista said:
July 17th will be the "official" relaunch of Space Mountain, there will be some kind of thing for that.

They will have birthday cupcakes and probably hats too.

And the best part, you get to be there for the "real" BIG 5 - 0 !

I thought SM was going to reopen on July 15?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter