Plasma to Disney

patrick9261

Earning My Ears
Anybody else thought about selling plasma for extra money to pay for Disney. $30-$40 bucks a pop, twice a week can really add up.

Here they only pay 20 on your first visit of the week and then 25 on your next.. So it would be a good thing if you are not afraid of needles. LOL

Oh man... I haven't thought of this.
Are there restrictions to doing this? Specifically a weight restriction?
I haven't been able to donate blood in the past... but that was a long time ago, but I'm not sure if I'd still be able to donate.

I am going today for my initial visit. To have to be at least 110 lbs to donate. Learned this from a college freind of my niece. Nice way to earn extra money while in college. He got paid 40 bucks for his first 4 visits. Then rest of the time the pay was based on his weight.

I am going today for my initial visit. To have to be at least 110 lbs to donate. Learned this from a college freind of my niece. Nice way to earn extra money while in college. He got paid 40 bucks for his first 4 visits. Then rest of the time the pay was based on his weight.

Larger people can "afford" to donate more plasma. Some places buy plasma by volume, so being larger actually increases your income with them.

If you've been vaccinated for smallpox and Hep B, you can earn a premium on your plasma. Those are valuable antibodies used in making immunoglobulins.

Plasma = gas money for nursing school for me :rotfl::lmao: I also played medical research guinea pig. They tested a new smallpox vaccine on me and about half the local PD and FD. That paid about $300, but you didn't get the biggest payment until after you came back for your final eval. BTW, smallpox vaccines hurt like a *****!

Just an update if anybody cares. Went today for my first visit. Not too bad. Initial visit took 3 hours but it should take only 1 hour from now on. Got paid $50. Will get $150 for the next 4 visits and $30-$35 the rest of the way. It is all going in the Disney fund. My brother and his wife are doing it also. We both said why have we not thought of this sooner. Easy money!

Does anyone know where there might be a location in the Chicago area? I have donated blood on a regular basis, and they take plasma there too. But they never offered payment for plasma donation.

Any direction on where I can look?

All the places I have seen are so grossly dirty they make me gag!! No Dh and I have never done this!! You can not have...

if you are on any kind of medicine you can't donate

Diabetes
High Blood Pressure
Any Disease
you can't even take asprin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter